Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock has signed a new three-year deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still think his reputation rather benefitted from the club not having a single adequate replacement for all his injuries.

That said when he was there to do something, he usually did.
I just hope he has some serious competition, next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Deeply disappointing. Waste of a squad number at the level we aim to be playing at.Sorry to buck the gormless hivemind and all that.

What a ridiculous comment. So you are saying that because everyone disagrees with you they are part of the 'gormless hivemind'. Have you considered you are wrong.

This is irrelevant to whether he's part of the squad next year. Considering how important he is to the way we play and the goals he scored, he would always have been in the 25 man squad next year. Before today, we then risked losing him on a free next season.

Now however, if we stay up and he does well, he will continue to be part of the squad for the following two seasons. If we go down, he will be part of the squad then and he will be a key part as he was last season. If we stay up and he hasn't had a great season, we'll be able to sell him to a Championship side as he has shown how key he can be at that level.

I fail to see how anyone could find this disappointing unless they had an irrational dislike of Baldock.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Deeply disappointing. Waste of a squad number at the level we aim to be playing at.Sorry to buck the gormless hivemind and all that.

What THPP doesn't not know about strikers is definitely worth not knowing. If you get me.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Seemed to struggle against the better teams last season , not sure he will cut it in the prem but time will tell.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Seemed to struggle against the better teams last season , not sure he will cut it in the prem but time will tell.

Indeed, he only scored against Wednesday, Fulham, and Reading home and away. Not to mention he was out injured for many of the other games against 'better teams'.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm happy. I think he's got the potential to step up to the plate in the PL.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised how well he does.

We must trust in Root'n Toot'n Hught'n to get him a-Shoot'n. :goal:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did you go to any games last season?

Went to every Amex game. Saw most of the away games on the telly.

OK, I KNOW there's ten thousand posters or whatever on here, and based on the numbers there's always going to be some folks arguing til their dying breath that, say, CMS or COG were the answer, and Baldock or Hemed ARE the answer 'if we play to their strengths'. Doesn't make them any less wrong tho. Disappointing that we're once more retaining the donkey strikers. The decent ones always FLY out the door.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Went to every Amex game. Saw most of the away games on the telly.

OK, I KNOW there's ten thousand posters or whatever on here, and based on the numbers there's always going to be some folks arguing til their dying breath that, say, CMS or COG were the answer, and Baldock or Hemed ARE the answer 'if we play to their strengths'. Doesn't make them any less wrong tho. Disappointing that we're once more retaining the donkey strikers. The decent ones always FLY out the door.

I wonder why you are not in the hot seat at the Amex or in charge of recruitment...? It is baffling!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's OK, even quite good news, but I seriously hope that Sam is the back up to a new Premier league standard striker or two. We've got a huge leap in class ahead of us and I just hope that Hughton gets the financial backing that he will need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here