Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are our top targets now loan players?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We seem to be chasing hard for Gomez and Abrahams. Are they our number one targets in their respective positions do you reckon??

Two probably team strengthening signings so far on permanents, hopefully more to come but could we get by on having young loanees as our first choice players in other positions? Obviously we have to convince them to come here first though.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope not because we need 7 signings, and are only allowed 2 loans.

For what it is worth, the moment Barber mentioned we were interested in Abraham was the moment I thought our interest must therefore be over.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Two quality loans that would also not count as part of the 24(?) man squad. Whether they are out top priorities I have no idea.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I doubt we're going to sign anyone at all now, left it too late, the people running the club don't have a clue do they? We'll plough on with what we've got, maybe pick up a bit of local talent from Crawley or Woking, possibly to go in the development squad, elsewhere I wonder if Vincelot is available, also, we could rely on another loan from Bournemouth.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I doubt we're going to sign anyone at all now, left it too late, the people running the club don't have a clue do they? We'll plough on with what we've got, maybe pick up a bit of local talent from Crawley or Woking, possibly to go in the development squad, elsewhere I wonder if Vincelot is available, also, we could rely on another loan from Bournemouth.

This.

Shambles.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nah. We're gonna smash £8m+ on a striker. I can feel it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My view is that we are looking for value for our transfer fund by looking to acquire players from Europe, where I suspect that deals take longer to close than home deals. I would be more worried in we are three weeks into July with no further signings. At this stage I am still confident of the club achieving the quality signings we need to strengthen the squad.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Aldershot more our level

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My view is that we are looking for value for our transfer fund by looking to acquire players from Europe, where I suspect that deals take longer to close than home deals. I would be more worried in we are three weeks into July with no further signings. At this stage I am still confident of the club achieving the quality signings we need to strengthen the squad.

Not saying I'm worried, although the more sarcastic answers, suggesting I might be being a moron, are to be expected from the usual suspects. Just wondering if our best acquisitions are likely to be loan players seeing who they play for and how highly they are rated. NooBHA who seems to be vaguely in the loop's answer would suggest not as well.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My prediction is that we have just broken our transfer budget, we will break it again and again and then SMASH it to pieces before August 12th.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame that the club can obviously only focus on one singing at a time.
How cool would it be if a mini bus turned up at the AMEX full of players ready for the 'holding the shirt' photo.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I still think the total spending will hit £30m mark, between 6 and 7 Players. Most players are on holiday now and I expect a few deals will happen closer to transfer deadline day

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
http://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.u...brighton-best-chance-premier-league-survival/

This fella thinks we'll stay up if we get in one or two more experienced premier league players, particularly midfielders.

I'd have thought a goal scorer is more essential tbh. But loan or buy - doesn't really matter does it.

It's just a shame that the guy who wrote that article thinks top flight football started in 1992

Going into the Premier League is a complete unknown for all involved with Brighton and Hove Albion – as the 2017/18 campaign will be the first top-flight season in their entire history.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a shame that the club can obviously only focus on one singing at a time.
How cool would it be if a mini bus turned up at the AMEX full of players ready for the 'holding the shirt' photo.

Greedy, I'd be happy with one a week during the close season

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All this fuss of Abraham unproven PL striker is weird.

It is all we have to hang on to at the moment though....before we smash a 10 million transfer fee :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here