Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Robinson serial criminal jailed again

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gladstone and Churchill done well for being backwards didn't they !!

Because it's really hard to 'do well' when you're Eton and Oxford educated, off the back of your family's massive wealth, acquired through slavery and plantations :shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There's been far more muslims killed by terrorists than non-muslims in those attacks. And while the perpetrators may claim to do it in the name of Allah, what drives them has absolutely nothing to do with religion and to blame the religion itself is to completely misunderstand what is going on in an extremists mind. Let's not forget that Christianity has had it's fair share of wacko extremists sects over the years, some of whom have also indulged in terrorist acts; and here I'll say the same thing: in those cases it again had nothing to do with the religion and everything to do with some very sick minds.

Right, let us get this straight, I do not believe all Muslims are terrorists, there are many, many positively good Muslim people. But we need to talk about this issue as the refusal to do so over the last 20 years has led us to where we are now. The hundreds of attacks by Islamic extremists, killing both Muslims and non Muslims, have been carried out 'in the name of Allah', you know, the prophet bloke that Muslims worship. The wankers who carry out these attacks are not good/proper/normal Muslims, they are wankers hiding under the flag of Islam and/or are brainwashed by other wankers hiding under the flag of Islam. Are you beginning to see the link here? Not all Muslims are jihadis, in fact very few are jihadis, but there is also a sizeable minority of the remaining Muslim population that silently support the jihadis. 10/20/30 per cent maybe, who knows? But if that 10% is of population of 2 million Muslims then that is 200,000 silent supporters, if the jihadis are only 0.5% of the same population that is 10,000 possible terrorists! How can we identify these people in the first instance if we ignore the common denominator amongst them?

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't like Tommy Robinson but I do share a deep mistrust of Islam. I don't think it's progressive, I think it's destructive, it appeals to the basest of male desire, it is violent and in my opinion is utterly incompatible with our way of life. I think people are too distracted by the extremists to realise Islam itself is a very oppressive, unpleasant, sexist, misogynistic religion in its own right.
The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

But I also don't believe in banning things I don't agree with so I'm a bit torn really.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Not all Muslims are jihadis, in fact very few are jihadis, but there is also a sizeable minority of the remaining Muslim population that silently support the jihadis. 10/20/30 per cent maybe, who knows? But if that 10% is of population of 2 million Muslims then that is 200,000 silent supporters, if the jihadis are only 0.5% of the same population that is 10,000 possible terrorists!

Where's the source for this? 10-30% seems unreasonably high to me. More likely to be low single digits, as per this article, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34967994.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
How can we identify these people in the first instance if we ignore the common denominator amongst them?

Another common denominator amongst them is that they are all human.

I don't doubt there is an issue with Islam, and clearly being Muslim is a more specific common denominator than being human, but I think it would be more productive to look at what differentiates one Muslim who is a Jihadi from another who isn't.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I don't doubt there is an issue with Islam, and clearly being Muslim is a more specific common denominator than being human, but I think it would be more productive to look at what differentiates one Muslim who is a Jihadi from another who isn't.

Well until someone comes up with that litmus test we will have to keep relying on what we have got, or continue to sweep the issue under the carpet.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I love how people like to prove that comments today aren't ignorant by quoting Gladstone/Churchill etc, two incredibley backwards men whose views deserve to be left behind in the past. (Awaits to be shot down because Churchill is a war hero / doesn't mean he wasn't a nasty piece of work).

Let's not forget Adams was president at a time when slavery was still legal in the US.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So it's a figure you've just made up, without any evidence? Okay... still, what you reckon is just as good as facts, eh? :)

So your factual figure of the silent minority is.............................?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So it's a figure you've just made up, without any evidence? Okay... still, what you reckon is just as good as facts, eh? :)

I'd really like an answer to this.

I played cricket on Tuesday night in Southampton, against a team of Pakistanis.

I'd like to know how many of them were plotting to kill me*, and how many more were silently approving of that.

And WHICH ones, importantly. The three Pakistani-speaking older guys with Moeen Ali beards who did a quick prayer to Mecca on a corner of the outfield before the game, would be prime suspects I guess? More so than the three young lads who played in non-regulation ( :nono: ) sleeveless tops rather than proper cricket shirts? But then that jihadi on the news was an English-speaking young guy in an Arsenal shirt :shrug:

*The rapid opening bowler who came back on in the last over to bowl at me, was DEFINITELY trying to kill me, TBF.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I'd like to know how many of them were plotting to kill me*, and how many more were silently approving of that.

And WHICH ones, importantly. The three Pakistani-speaking older guys with Moeen Ali beards who did a quick prayer to Mecca on a corner of the outfield before the game, would be prime suspects I guess, over the three young lads who played in non-regulation ( :nono: ) sleeveless tops rather than proper cricket shirts? But then that jihadi on the news was an English-speaking young guy in an Arsenal shirt :shrug:

*The rapid opening bowler who came back on in the last over to bowl at me, was DEFINITELY trying to kill me, TBF.

You keep sweeping it under the carpet, it has worked so well so far :facepalm:

Oh, and the not so rapid bowler at the end was actually bowling reverse left hand spin, just your roses tinted specs stopped you from seeing it! :lol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

And WHICH ones, importantly. The three Pakistani-speaking older guys with Moeen Ali beards who did a quick prayer to Mecca on a corner of the outfield before the game, would be prime suspects I guess? More so than the three young lads who played in non-regulation ( :nono: ) sleeveless tops rather than proper cricket shirts? But then that jihadi on the news was an English-speaking young guy in an Arsenal shirt :shrug:

The Pakistanis are ok it's the Sihks you have to watch out for. They keep sandpaper and polish in their turbans I've heard. They're not trying to kill you obviously though like all the Pakistanis out there, just trying to get the ball to swing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

What type of Jihadists are you talking about? " Jihad" means struggling or striving.

Jihad of the pen?
Jihad of the heart?
Jihad of the sword?

I would suggest the types of Jihad one might choose are fluid and easy to step from one to the other. Most Muslims would consider these times as a time of war in some shape or form. I don't think there is any border of any Islamic country that has no conflict or skirmishes. Islam is at war with itself, we are looked at as being part of the problem and all Muslims will claim self defense against each other and self defense the west.

There are Muslim's who are justifying the London and Manchester attacks speaking at Speakers Corner only just this weekend:

https://youtu.be/Ny8sOx5QGOo

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
When would you like the timescale to suit your arguments? The time of the Arabs in Spain? The Roman Empire? The time of the Crusades? Or some perfectly placed date that suited your argument?

I was just using recent history that is relevant to the debate, not trying to find a way to justify my clearly mistaken argument like you are.

My argument is already validated

Tommy Robinson uses the phrase ''ALL Terrorists are Muslims'' - I have already shown this not to be true - I have given you Anders Brevik, David Copeland, Darren Osborne, the current terror attack in Chechnya. I could add the Dutch Aline shot down over the Ukraine a few years ago. I could go on because there are terror attacks in Columbia, Mexico, Venezuela and other South American countries which are drug related and commited against Authorities in those countriesbut not committed by Muslims. Those two guys in the US who randomly shot people ''sniper style''

The list could go on. Even the Tutsi/ Hutu Genocide in 1994 in Rwanda. We have terror attacks even now in South Sudan and there many other African wars against the State in those countries going on which are not linked to Muslims

I am not the one who made an unsubstantiated statement. My argument is clear. Tommy Robinson statement is incorrect and there are hundreds of terror attacks by Non Muslims every year. Just because it suits Western Media to report more of the Muslim Terror attacks does not mean that there are more.

All terror attacks are just as bad as each other. I don't differentiate. People like Tommy Robinson do even though what he quotes is inaccurate.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here