Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mourinho accused of tax fraud

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
From the BBC:
He is accused of defrauding Spain of €3.3m (£2.9m; $3.6m) in taxes between 2011 and 2012, prosecutors say.
He has yet to comment on the accusation.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
None of them are guilty, it's probably the ridiculously complicated tax laws that's the common themes here. expect deals to be done but no ones going to jail that's for sure.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Two things spring to mind here.

1) Why do these overpaid c'ocks defraud?
2) Why is it only happening in Spain? (Messi, Ronaldo, Mourhino).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
In Spain you are not sernt to prison if you commit a non violent crime and sentance is under 24 Months, That is why Messia nd Neymar have avoided Jail time.

Now I do not know whether or not this is why Ronaldo and Jose have commited it to as they know it is unlikely they will be sent down, however more often than not they have to pay back the money they owe anyway, so it does seem a little odd.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
None of them are guilty, it's probably the ridiculously complicated tax laws that's the common themes here
i thought many of the marque players dont pay tax at all, under some "temporay" resident waiver. its so dodge out in Spain, with the banks writing of club debts.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
i thought many of the marque players dont pay tax at all, under some "temporay" resident waiver. its so dodge out in Spain, with the banks writing of club debts.

No

Tax Residency Legislation is much the same in all EU Countries

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Absolutely. Morally they're probably all guilty of something but legally I bet it's all 'above board', same with big companies avoiding tax. Not sure what you do with all that money anyway after you've bought your first yacht i.e. Why not pay some tax?! Or do something like Drogba did building hospitals for your fellow citizens back home.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Two things spring to mind here.

1) Why do these overpaid c'ocks defraud?
2) Why is it only happening in Spain? (Messi, Ronaldo, Mourhino).

I would imagine the Spanish tax authorities waited until the Messi trial was over to see what the outcome was. Now it's gone in their favour, they'll probably go all out to get those big names in Spanish football.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Spain and their tax fraud stories are getting ****ing boring now.

Messi and now Ronaldo and Josie.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would imagine the Spanish tax authorities waited until the Messi trial was over to see what the outcome was. Now it's gone in their favour, they'll probably go all out to get those big names in Spanish football.

I have to say, as much as I love Messi, Ronaldo and Mourhino, I hope they get totally found out. I cannot understand why people earning millions a year, more than we'll ever hope for, screwing on us, I mean us by just us ordinary bods.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like the Spanish government have found a new cash cow to be honest.

Bit of a shame for the Greek government really. If any of THEIR homegrown or imported players were non-shite, they'd be WELL on the case. As it is, they'll have to make do with charging folks with a pool the size of a postage stamp for a multi-thousand Euro non-obligatory life-saving course and mandatory life saving certificate. Oh, and not issuing tourists with a receipt for a cold Mythos (or preferably a brewed under not-very-close local supervision Heineken). Can't say I blame them though. They should just send the bill to Germany.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here