Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Too hot to work law?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bloody should do!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The is nothing in law specifying max or min temperatures in the workplace anymore. Work temperatures in buildings should be 'reasonable'. At least 16 degrees is the guide with it dropping to 13 degrees if work is vigorous.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
This comes up at my place all the time. And each time I say "what about the people working in greenhouses? Or the people in the chilled section in Tesco!?"

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
A temperature of 44c today doing a loft conversion. you need breaks every 30 minutes as the work is very strenuous, resulting in dizziness and extreme fatigue. i guess it depends on which type of work you do, and how sensible you are not to get yourself into bother.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Nope

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Had 6 months on temperatures in the mid 30's so fun seeing the meltdown on social media at a couple nice days. Reminds me of the way UK gets with snow and seeing it from Sweden at the time.

Days are hard and can only imagine it if doing physical work outside but it's the nights that really cause me trouble still.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Think of the construction workers who are no longer allowed shorts or short sleeved shirts and must wear gloves at all times. It's bad enough having to wear all that gear just to wander round and see what they're up to, I'd hate to have to do any physical work dressed like that in this heat.

Lots of water is the only answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here