Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Having now read the club details a couple of times, this looks good news if you are a season ticket holder and go to most of the away games. It also gives a chance for people to move up the ladder if they go to away games which are not popular (eg Burnley) as I assume these will be allocated 15 points as opposed to the glory games (Arsenal) which will get 5 points.

I say well done Paul Barber this seems to be an improvement to me.

Just need the site not to fall down when the Leicester tickets go on sale

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They have to start it somewhere and that seems the most logical place to do it. How many of us from Withdean, who could afford it, did not go on to pick one up a ST for the Amex after all those exhausting years?

If they included Withdean too then I would be pissed off that it didn't include the Goldstone and Priestfield (as I took a couple years off after that':whistle:).

The points increase also diminishes after Year 4 of holding a ticket so anybody late to the party doesn't have much to worry about. Their points increase will be more significant as each year passes than the 'veterans'.
I didn't say otherwise. But the table says 8+ years for points so I couldn't understand why mine were so low. Until you realise you only get a maximum of 6.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It also gives a chance for people to move up the ladder if they go to away games which are not popular (eg Burnley) as I assume these will be allocated 15 points as opposed to the glory games (Arsenal) which will get 5 points.

It will be interesting to see which games get the higher points - the glory games or the also-rans. If they're trying to even things out a bit, your analysis is correct, imo.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Having now read the club details a couple of times, this looks good news if you are a season ticket holder and go to most of the away games. It also gives a chance for people to move up the ladder if they go to away games which are not popular (eg Burnley) as I assume these will be allocated 15 points as opposed to the glory games (Arsenal) which will get 5 points.

I say well done Paul Barber this seems to be an improvement to me.

Just need the site not to fall down when the Leicester tickets go on sale

Yep, I'm liking it alot. It gives several other dimensions to 'loyalty'.

- Length of ST
- Distance/Pull factor of certain less desirable away games

Felt like Yorkshire was a second home to me last season and I'm glad that kind of commitment will be rewarded in future.

I didn't say otherwise. But the table says 8+ years for points so I couldn't understand why mine were so low. Until you realise you only get a maximum of 6.

Fair play.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well mine is spot on

180 for 6 Amex Season tickets + 114 which was my carry forward from last season after the 50% loss = 294 SH points

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I'd be interested to see what they've got planned for season ticket seat reselling

"The club will launch a new official ticket exchange for the 2017/18 season via seagullstickets.com - with details to follow shortly. It will enable season-ticket holders to safely and securely offer their tickets for resale when unable to attend."

The previous system always looked like a bit of an afterthought and was never really promoted.

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Its like with the PL, football didn't start until 1992.
With the club, longevity of season tickets will only start from the Amex years !
If you had a season ticket since Gillingham (or before) that counts for nothing

I'd be interested to see what they've got planned for season ticket seat reselling

"The club will launch a new official ticket exchange for the 2017/18 season via seagullstickets.com - with details to follow shortly. It will enable season-ticket holders to safely and securely offer their tickets for resale when unable to attend."

The previous system always looked like a bit of an afterthought and was never really promoted.

I'm hopeful it will be an excellent solution.

Other news is the shelf is to be a pay per match area for families. Great idea and is sure to be busy.

Ticket prices for the new season have also been released, and the club is pleased to advise that following demand, an extension to the family area has been made.

Where is this info?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm dreading moving back, I'll no longer be a good enough fan to go to games. :ohmy:

Oh well, I can live with my memories of Stockport away :clap2:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
With the club, longevity of season tickets will only start from the Amex years !

Doubt it is anything sinister probably more likely to be due to that data no longer being available or not having been migrated into the Amex ticketing system

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm hopeful it will be an excellent solution.

Other news is the shelf is to be a pay per match area for families. Great idea and is sure to be busy.

Ticket prices for the new season have also been released, and the club is pleased to advise that following demand, an extension to the family area has been made.

Where is this info?

https://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/1718MatchTicket_pricing.pdf

Family tickets in E1G and the Shelf.

Adult match tickets Grade A: £45-60, B: £35-50, C: £30-45 (might be quite a lot of Grade A matches??)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Where do you start then, how about those who witnessed us winning the charity shield.

el punal

If I remember correctly people like your good self got first dibs when choosing seats at the Amex. The club really have to draw the line somewhere so six years continual purchase of a season ticket seems just and fair in priority status.

Mind you I was born in the reign of the old king, George VI, I wonder if that will get me on special status level? :cool:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm dreading moving back, I'll no longer be a good enough fan to go to games. :ohmy:

Oh well, I can live with my memories of Stockport away :clap2:

You will be able to go to games. The question is, will you?

The struggle will be to get a ST. Put yourself on the list now, go to some home and away games that you will be able to go to eg. Burnley, Stoke, Swansea, Newcastle, Huddersfield, West Brom.

When the time comes that you get offered a ST, your residual points will put you on an even keel with (most of) the rest of us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm going to stop being devil's advocate in a minute, particularly as I'm ok with the new scheme, but...

...one of the benefits was a 100 LP starting advantage. That's been removed unilaterally by the club...

...and, what about the 5-year commitment for a 1901 ticket vs a single season by season commitment for a STH? Is that not worth anything? The new scheme gives no credit for that.

Yes, that's how I feel to a certain extent.

It would be harsh for season ticket holders who go to away games to miss out, due to 1901 members suddenly deciding to attend, however, the fact a 5 year advance commitment apparently now counts for nothing does leave a bitter taste for me personally.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
When the time comes that you get offered a ST

That could be a while. 5k+ on waiting list, only 244 of those were offered ST this time around. Will be a higher number if we get relegated, I guess..., but perhaps not that much, since we had the vast majority of 17/18 STH in 16/17 in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here