Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

bhafcseagull

Jun 15, 2014
15th time this might have been asked but are they using STH or members points any why 2 different ones? Both mine are over 300

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
15th time this might have been asked but are they using STH or members points any why 2 different ones? Both mine are over 300

23rd at least :). If you've got STH points and a current STH, member points are irrelevant. Tickets will be released to STH points-holders first, in waves same as last year (but with different numbers obviously) and only to Member Points holders if there are any left after STHs have had a few days to buy. With over 300 STH points you'll be fine.

bhafcseagull

Jun 15, 2014
Does seem odd but I can't find them on the mobile version either. Maybe just a glitch - I would assume you would just click on your name in the top right but doesn't work at the moment. Desktop is fine.

I use an iPhone and when I clicked my name I choose open in new window and bingo

bhafcseagull

Jun 15, 2014
23rd at least :). If you've got STH points and a current STH, member points are irrelevant. Tickets will be released to STH points-holders first, in waves same as last year (but with different numbers obviously) and only to Member Points holders if there are any left after STHs have had a few days to buy. With over 300 STH points you'll be fine.

Ah I see thanks, contentious question I could easily buy every away game as only £30 and not even go so I get the big aways! Just bought Southend any points for that!! [emoji23]

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
On a purely selfish level if the tiering for release to STH is representative then with 224 I have much more chance of tickets than if it was based on the old system.

I know most who can't afford the dd STH scheme will bemoan this new system as they seemingly are not deemed as loyal as the club but c'est la vie, you could as a STH argue the reverse that someone with no long term financial commitment to the club through X # of years of owning an ST was able to gain the upper hand by buying all their tickets ad hoc... (granted of course they'd have had to have owned a ST at some point to have had the initial 1,000 for owning an ST... which also illustrates what a complex issue to resolve this is!)

I feel happier because it seemingly benefits someone in my circumstances and will going forward only have myself to blame if I don't use the opportunity of a relatively fresh start to buy tickets this season and roll forward as many points as possible.

Slightly OT can anyone remember exactly how many STH we had for the first season at the Amex? I seem to recall c16,000 including 1901 but could be wrong.

This system therefore benefits that demographic the most provided you rocked up to a few home cup games and say c5 or so away games a year as did I.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On a purely selfish level if the tiering for release to STH is representative then with 224 I have much more chance of tickets than if it was based on the old system.

I know most who can't afford the dd STH scheme will bemoan this new system as they seemingly are not deemed as loyal as the club but c'est la vie, you could as a STH argue the reverse that someone with no long term financial commitment to the club through X # of years of owning an ST was able to gain the upper hand by buying all their tickets ad hoc... (granted of course they'd have had to have owned a ST at some point to have had the initial 1,000 for owning an ST... which also illustrates what a complex issue to resolve this is!)

I feel happier because it seemingly benefits someone in my circumstances and will going forward only have myself to blame if I don't use the opportunity of a relatively fresh start to buy tickets this season and roll forward as many points as possible.

Slightly OT can anyone remember exactly how many STH we had for the first season at the Amex? I seem to recall c16,000 including 1901 but could be wrong.

This system therefore benefits that demographic the most provided you rocked up to a few home cup games and say c5 or so away games a year as did I.

Not sure that's right. You used to get 1000 points for having a season ticket but each year that was deleted before reducing the points by half. So, if you had a season and went to 10 away games you'd have 1100 points. Next season you would carry forward 50 pts. If you renewed, you had 1050 at the start of the season but if you didn't renew, you'd only have 50 and therefore way down the pecking order.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not sure, don't have access to a computer currently and it still isn't displaying the figure on mobile for me. It'll probably be around 100, as I did 3 away games and a cup game last season. Maybe I'm overestimating our away support levels, but I think I'll struggle for most games south of Leicester.

I know the system can't work for everyone, but it's just frustrating. Making ST seasons need to be concurrent just seems a bit shitty to me. It punishes people who went to university, or were without a job and had to put feeding their family before football. They're not my reasons FWIW. I lost my job and was upgraded to an adult at the same time and I had to make a decision when I didn't know what my future would be short-term as I didn't want to ask my parents to pay for the first month and then end up needing them to pay for more than that.

It just seems weird that someone that jumped on the bandwagon last season is now ahead of someone who missed last season due to unavoidable circumstances. And with us now having a waiting list, that gap is only going to increase. I might get lucky and sneak my way through, others might not be so lucky.

Sad that you lost out on some points for not having continuous season tickets but what can the club do? It gets too complicated other wise. Also, and with out getting all super fan on you, three away games and one cup game last season? There will be easily 3,000 people who attended more games than you, so I am not sure you have that much to complain about, really.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
13/14
14/15
15/16
16/17
= 150 points

Finished last season on 1228. So 228/2 = 114

So 264?

For some reason I have 261 though, 3 points short! :shrug:

What about your 17/18 renewal points?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Missed half a season and have now gone from 1290 points to 195. If I had not missed that, I would be on 345

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm sure I'm being dumb here, but if you are a STH, surely it's just necessary to tell you your STH points, as the member points are an irrelevance if tickets are going to be released on a tiered basis to STH first, and then members later?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm sure I'm being dumb here, but if you are a STH, surely it's just necessary to tell you your STH points, as the member points are an irrelevance if tickets are going to be released on a tiered basis to STH first, and then members later?

Yeah membership points are irrelevant as I'm sure for nearly every away match tickets will be long gone before they drop down that far

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

As I think I wrote somewhere on this thread, my assumption is that the ticketing system is not flexible enough to display only the value that is relevant to each fan, so STHs and non-STHs alike see both, which is only going to serve to confuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here