Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Hopefully they have worked it so that 1901 members who have not been to away games previously, can't jump they queue ahead of supporters that have been to a few away games!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still, the club's disregard for any sort of sensible customer service around this leaves a useful void for us to fill with speculation.

I'm going to guess, based on the name "Season Ticket Holder Points", that there is an element of the scheme based on longevity of being a season ticket holder, thus placing those who jumped on the Premier League bandwagon below those who have been in it for the long haul.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Just checked mine - finished last season on 1151 so should start next with 1075. It's showing 242 now.

Apologies as haven't read the whole thread but has anyone any idea what formula they could be using to calculate this?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Just checked mine - finished last season on 1151 so should start next with 1075. It's showing 242 now.

Apologies as haven't read the whole thread but has anyone any idea what formula they could be using to calculate this?

Crying out for Dr No here

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The best anyone has come up with thus far is that Diane Abbott is now in control of the numbers.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm going to guess, based on the name "Season Ticket Holder Points", that there is an element of the scheme based on longevity of being a season ticket holder, thus placing those who jumped on the Premier League bandwagon below those who have been in it for the long haul.

Hope therefore that they are prepared to go back to 1979 or even earlier for some fans to ensure that they are fully rewarded for their longevity of being a ST holder

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Still, the club's disregard for any sort of sensible customer service around this leaves a useful void for us to fill with speculation.

Good game, good game.

I'll add into the mix that, as my points are also entitled STHP, despite me being a 1901er, they've amalgamated the schemes and done away with the 1901 premium. Providing they now also equalise the situation concerning home cup games (all folk get the same number of points), I'd have little problem with that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
-1 point for every minute before the final whistle of a game that you leave*.

(* but +2 if you buy a pie on your way out)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The only thing we can be sure of is that whatever the new scheme is, there'll be a group of people who are "unfairly" discriminated against (at least in their eyes).

Oh - and that some people's balances won't reflect what the the scheme rules say they should be.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
-5 points for each time you try to get an adult in on a concessionary ticket.
-1 point for asking if you can have more than 6 upgrades a season.

Oh - and the ability for NSC mods to reallocate points between STH. It has to be a zero sum game, and each mod can only do the transfer 20 times per season. No STH to be left on negative points.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I nearly posted something yesterday in response to [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION]'s post earlier in this thread saying, broadly, "does it matter, we can't use the points yet anyway?" comment which, whilst correct in some regard, is also too narrow a view.

As you say - why on earth make these changes without telling anyone? People WILL notice, people WILL contact the club to ask "what's going on with my points?" The club have just set themselves up for a significant influx of emails and calls that I'm sure they could do without.

At the very least, why not put out a news item on the club website, twitter and facebook saying something like "We will be making changes to the points system and you may notice your balance changing. Do not be concerned as we will notify all fans of these changes in the near future."

That's not the ideal though, of course, which would be communicate the mechanics of any schemes to all fans BEFORE making changes to points balances.

It's not difficult this stuff, is it?

But that is what you call "Customer Service"...#Together
If a change is made surely they'd run it off the live system and then upload the final results for each person.
My points changed throughout the day which suggests they are running a process on live system.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
where do you find your loyalty points - can't find them anywhere

That sounds like you're on your phone where, to keep people on their toes, they are not shown. On desktop you can't miss them - up near the top when you login.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here