Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
you will get 180 for season ticket and half of anything over 1000 from last season

Before the Villa away game, which we went to, I had 1,330.

180 + 165 = 345, and it says 233, how odd!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That's a good point, but people who have a season ticket in both the Premiership and the Championship would still have more points if it was done purely on how many seasons non-concurrently, surely?

Exactly.

If this is how the club want to do the point system, then fine, it's up to them. It's just frustrating that somebody who jumped on the bandwagon after we finished 3rd will be on a par with me, just because I couldn't afford a season ticket one year. People who have had a ST for every season at the Amex deserve more than me, I won't challenge that. However the fact that my season ticket for the first four years at Falmer count for sweet F.A is ridiculous.

It's a problem that will only get worse as well. It'll be interesting to see how people on here think when it's 2020, their kid is off travelling or off to uni and they're left with the dilemma of pay for a season ticket that might not be used or sacrifice 300-400 loyalty points.

While I sympathise with you, this is exactly what the club want. They want giving up your ST to be a big thing with detrimental conequences should you wish to return. The club relies massively on the guaranteed income of Season Tickets and want to secure it as much as possible. I guess retrospectively it does seem harsh.

But for every person like you with genuine and understandable reasons for taking a 'gap year', there will be 10 or 20 who just gave it up because we lost to our rivals, got trounced by Derby or finished 20th and for those people I'm very glad for this new system.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
While I sympathise with you, this is exactly what the club want. They want giving up your ST to be a big thing with detrimental conequences should you wish to return. The club relies massively on the guaranteed income of Season Tickets and want to secure it as much as possible. I guess retrospectively it does seem harsh.

But for every person like you with genuine and understandable reasons for taking a 'gap year', there will be 10 or 20 who just gave it up because we lost to our rivals, got trounced by Derby or finished 20th and for those people I'm very glad for this new system.

This.

2013/14 season - I went away to travel and live in Canada for a year. But I didn't drop my season ticket, as I knew that it would be detrimental. I admit, I was mainly thinking about struggling to get a seat back in West Lower at the time - but still.

I stuck with it, found a way to pay for a ticket which was largely un-used for a year and I guess I'm being rewarded for that now.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm reasonably happy with the system - been an STH every year at amex - and resented the
people buying tickets for Huddersfield especially, Preston and Rotherham last season for example and not turning up for the points only.

I'm not a selfish people - but judgement day for people who tried to play the system.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I'm reasonably happy with the system - been an STH every year at amex - and resented the
people buying tickets for Huddersfield especially, Preston and Rotherham last season for example and not turning up for the points only.

I'm not a selfish people - but judgement day for people who tried to play the system.

Um but those people still 'won' as they got the loyalty points, which were then halved and added to their respective ST allocated amount for this season no?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst the communication yesterday was after the horse had bolted, the scheme itself is fair, if clumsily introduced and difficult to understand.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Must admit I had not seen that, I went by the example on the pdf which includes 17/8 renewal points...surely the continuous renewal points are applied at the point of renewal?

I'm concerned now you say that. My 1st year of having a ST says "Cancelled" on the history as at the end of the season I changed seats. Surely changing seats hasn't cost me points?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I'm concerned now you say that. My 1st year of having a ST says "Cancelled" on the history as at the end of the season I changed seats. Surely changing seats hasn't cost me points?

I'd deffo give them a bell on the seats change and 17/18 query. There are bound to have been some glitches.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is there a way of seeing points held by your Friends & Family list?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Went to 11 aways last season but just couldn't continue to justify the 360 mile round trip for homes so cancelled the ST 2 seasons back.

Think being just a bronze will mean relying on ST mates not going to aways now, and maybe a few games like Burnley, stoke, swans..

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just started to digest this - but can't say I have yet got my head round it completely. I've actually been a STH since Gillingham (I know!) but obviously only the Amex years count - I see I have 234 points, which looks OK....but how does this compare to others? All very well STHs having priority (which is great) - but given there are 20,000+ STH, 234 points could be a really crap number. Can anyone give me an idea whether 234 points is good, bad or indifferent...?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just started to digest this - but can't say I have yet got my head round it completely. I've actually been a STH since Gillingham (I know!) but obviously only the Amex years count - I see I have 234 points, which looks OK....but how does this compare to others? All very well STHs having priority (which is great) - but given there are 20,000+ STH, 234 points could be a really crap number. Can anyone give me an idea whether 234 points is good, bad or indifferent...?

This is about as good a guide as you are going to get and it's probably not a very good one: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?353678-STH-Loyalty-Points-Poll

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Equally I think they may as well take into account withdean years. They definitely have information on this as the fan numbers are different.

Quite right. They had all this information when we moved to Amex as that is how the priority for choosing seats at Falmer was made.
I was in the first tranche of buying STH at first season at Falmer. Now after having had a season ticket at Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now Amex continuously, I have only 238 loyalty points. Not sure how many away tickets this will allow me to purchase.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Whilst the communication yesterday was after the horse had bolted, the scheme itself is fair, if clumsily introduced and difficult to understand.

Tend to agree with this. It's pretty irrelevant if you have had a season ticket since the Goldstone days if you haven't attended many away games during the period. Why should you get priority for away games over those that, over the last 7 seasons, have been a season ticket holder and attended many away games!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Quite right. They had all this information when we moved to Amex as that is how the priority for choosing seats at Falmer was made.
I was in the first tranche of buying STH at first season at Falmer. Now after having had a season ticket at Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now Amex continuously, I have only 238 loyalty points. Not sure how many away tickets this will allow me to purchase.

Probably all of them with a slight risk of not getting one for Bournemouth.

Also, bear in mind that these 'Loyalty Points' are in the main used for the right to go to away matches. If they went that far back in terms of rewarding continuous ST renewals then it might put some people who have not been to an away game in their lives ahead of regulars. Think of it as using your Withdean 'loyalty' in being able to choose a seat earlier than most when the Amex was ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here