Votes: 97 39.3%
  • Ridiculously hot, bring on Autumn

Votes: 51 20.6%

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm a typical English man, I don't like extremes of any kind, either too hot or too cold. Roll on Autumn

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Woah, that is crazy. I have experienced 48 in Oman and it is ridiculous, instant dripping in sweat.

Thankfully it is a dry heat out here (at least, until the monsoon starts in earnest in the next month or so, and even then it doesn't last too long). And of course everywhere has air conditioning; I'd much rather experience a couple of weeks here with 115F plus than a few days in London, say, when it's hot and humid.

Having said all that, it's still 119! They reckon the temperature in a locked car left out in the sun can reach 170 in these conditions. :mad:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Thankfully it is a dry heat out here (at least, until the monsoon starts in earnest in the next month or so, and even then it doesn't last too long). And of course everywhere has air conditioning; I'd much rather experience a couple of weeks here with 115F plus than a few days in London, say, when it's hot and humid.

Having said all that, it's still 119! They reckon the temperature in a locked car left out in the sun can reach 170 in these conditions. :mad:

38 here working in a school with no aircon is NOT fun, bloody humid too. 119 is crazy though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am man bloody loving it, only about 4 months and it will be dark at 4pm and wet and miserable too.

Moaning Minnies

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Ah the joys of air con. The mobile unit I bought about (roughly)15 years ago for £100 has paid for itself every sticky night we've had to endure

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Made the mistake of not locking my bike in the shade - the seat was crack-singeingly hot. Was happy to find a chilled bottle of beer in the fridge to neck whilst wringing out my t-shirt. I like it, but I feel by Wednesday, when I'm at a gig, I'll feel it's too much.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
In Teruel in Spain at the mo, made the mistake of leaving my mobile on the passenger seat while i was driving...... The cover is now completely bent out of shape!

Agree with whoever said its the humidity in Britain that does you though.

This evening, the wind has picked up and it is much cooler..... Nice, hasta mañana!!!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Hope the M25 doesn't boil me tomorrow.

It was a bloody nightmare today, 3 hours from Southwick to Acton today. Even longer home when the car over heated and had to get the AA out! Good luck.

I like 28-30 ideally but will put up with this no problem. Death Valley last September, however, was 51c (123.8f), was like walking into a brick wall when leaving air conned places! Lovely in a convertible mustang with the top down and air con on though!��

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here