Votes: 97 39.3%
  • Ridiculously hot, bring on Autumn

Votes: 51 20.6%

• Total voters

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yep. A couple of people drowned over the weekend - the sea is still cold at this time of year.

So it's not the weathers fault, more general stupidity/wrecklessness.

I worked in the mountains last winter at -20 or so. If I decided to put myself in the oven to warm up and eventually fried, it's not the weathers fault.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So it's not the weathers fault, more general stupidity/wrecklessness.

I worked in the mountains last winter at -20 or so. If I decided to put myself in the oven to warm up and eventually fried, it's not the weathers fault.
People get heat stroke. Some who have high blood pressure are more likely to be ill, etc.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep. A couple of people drowned over the weekend - the sea is still cold at this time of year.

Yep, the Cold Water Shock Response. A particular risk for people without the mental conditioning associated with frequent sea swimming I think? Down from london, jump off the pier sort of thing.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
When our flight got back to Brum Tuesday night,it just felt the same as being in the Canaries but with loads more pollen and pollution.Looking forward to going back again,but hopefully see some rain first!:cool:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
People moaning about the heat can basically piss off. The weather in this country is generally dull, awful or dull and awful. Enjoy it while you can you miserable *******s.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Working outside directly in the sun is a ruddy killer in this heat.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
People are just like plants - Some are shade lovers, some require full sun, others can take a bit of both.

I'm in the shady part of the garden and get even grumpier than usual when subjected to full sun. About 16 degrees is my preferred ideal temperature.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I know. Extraordinary. Clearly beyond the wit of man to put a decent air con system in.

I actually just had to shell out for 5 air cons for our new house. Because we actually have REAL hot weather here.

Brits could just buy an electric fan for 20 quid and that'd be enough.

Or they could just piss and moan on internet message boards about it being mildly warm.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here