Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite 'Scorchio' weather alcoholic drink?

And what would Sir/Madam like to drink?

• A pint of ice cold Lager

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • A pint of Real Ale / Craft Beer

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • A pint of ice cold Cider

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • A Gin & Tonic with ice

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • J.D / Jim Beam (or similar) & Mixer with ice

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Vodka & Mixer with ice

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Malibu & Mixer with ice

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Anything - Just give me Alcohol, NOW!!

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not just when it's hot, but any time I have a thirst to quench ....
Low callorie beer alternative.

Take pint glass
add half-inch of blackcurrant concentrate
apply copious ice
top to brim with chilled soda water

Provides a cold, fizzy, low calorie, thirst-quenching, alcohol-free bevvy - sorted!

Very nice to quench your thirst but first preference must be Schwepps followed by Britvic coming a second, others can become quickly sickly baby drink .......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rather than start a new thread....I just heard it was scorchio in every 'region' of the UK today. Well I can tell you it isn't scorchio down in darkest North Kent. The fog off the north sea is keeping temperatures down to 19-21. And it will stay that way while the rest of you melt into your sweaty mink knickers. For at least a week. This means I can provide a legitimate reason for working from home :cheers:

Also, am I the only person to lament the departure of the OP? I thought he was rather pleasant. What gives, eh?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Spiced Rum with either Ginger Beer or Cherry Coke Ice and Lime. I am also partial to Alcoholic Ginger Beer (Ginger Grouse) again with ice and Lime.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Glass of cold water, with a squeeze of lime or lemon and a sprig of mint, cuts right through the thirst barrier.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Pernod/Pastis and a jug of iced water.
I drank a lot of it when taken on a fancy holiday years ago when I discovered a bottle of water in the hotel cost the same as a Pastis - which always came with a bottle of water.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Cider shandy with ice.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Pint of Gin and tonic,get a pint glass fill with large chunks of ice,couple of wedges of orange,two double shots of Gin,then top up with tonic,quick stir then sit back and enjoy!

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Pint of Gin and tonic,get a pint glass fill with large chunks of ice,couple of wedges of orange,two double shots of Gin,then top up with tonic,quick stir then sit back and enjoy!
Close to my current answer...

Pint of vodka and tonic. Ice + frozen bits of lemon + vodka as much as you dare + tonic to the top of the glass...

Lovely alternative to years of self medicating with large glasses of cheap vin rouge.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
5AD6FEB4-3E14-4309-81C9-4BE034BD7401.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here