Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Bands who are deemed 'not cool'

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Ok, I've never been into something because it was cool, to the extent that I didn't ever really know what was "cool". I just liked what I liked, and sometimes it was very different to those around me. I don't remember my school friends getting into Depeche until around the Personal Jesus time, and that was much later.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Gave up on cool years ago.

U2 - have never really been cool, Bono and their early overt Christianity I suspect being two main reasons.
Prefab Sprout ( one of the most underrated bands of the last 30 years imo)
Coldplay
George Michael
Early Elton John

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Steve Hillage, viewed as a dodgy old hippy by many in the late 70s but transitioned into electronic music in the next century better than many supposedly cooler contemporaries. If you are talking about the seriously uncool guilty pleasures, I give you England Dan & John Ford Coley and Christopher Cross.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Another for ELO....i'm a mooohasive fan. Saw them in Brighton as ELO part 2 and saw them at the O2 last year as Jeff Lynne's ELO and i still have an erection to this day!!!!!

Some of the groups/artists on here were considered well cool...Madness, ABC, Human League, U2...etc etc ?

I give you Neil Diamond (think he was mentioned a few pages back)
John Denver.....my dad used to listen to his stuff. Never mentioned that one at school funnily enough

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Another for ELO....i'm a mooohasive fan. Saw them in Brighton as ELO part 2 and saw them at the O2 last year as Jeff Lynne's ELO and i still have an erection to this day!!!!!

Some of the groups/artists on here were considered well cool...Madness, ABC, Human League, U2...etc etc ?

I give you Neil Diamond (think he was mentioned a few pages back)
John Denver.....my dad used to listen to his stuff. Never mentioned that one at school funnily enough

Turned to stone ???

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Guilty pleasure for me is the Bay City Rollers, Still touring with Les and a backing band, fantastic like at 70's weekends as are The Glitter Band.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Glenn Campbell.

Poor sod is in the last stages of dementia/ altziemers and his song adios is one of the most poignant sound at the moment.

His daughter was on the one show and she said that she introduced him to the crowd a while ago and by then he could hardly speak or communicate, but as he walked on stage, he picked up a guitar and started singing Whitchita lineman seemly word and pitch perfect. Not a dry eye in the house.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncoolest band of all time? Has to be Status Quo.

They were quite cool in their early Pyschedelic period ( Pictures of Matchstick Men) other than that a good introduction to rock music for 13 year olds :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glenn Campbell.

Poor sod is in the last stages of dementia/ altziemers and his song adios is one of the most poignant sound at the moment.

His daughter was on the one show and she said that she introduced him to the crowd a while ago and by then he could hardly speak or communicate, but as he walked on stage, he picked up a guitar and started singing Whitchita lineman seemly word and pitch perfect. Not a dry eye in the house.

I thought Jimmy Webb and Glenn Campbell were quite a cool songwriter/singer combination

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I've never really been in to pop music but anytime I heard a new sugababes track I thought they were really good, proper catchy. This one in particular-

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Simply Red. I outed myself as a fan in the car back from the Huddersfield game when we passed the exit to Hucknall. Cue lots of derision......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here