Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Bands who are deemed 'not cool'

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Hue & Cry. That guy has one hell of a voice.

ABC. Their 2017 album sounds as good as their 80's one. Fair play to Mr Fry & Co.

Roxy Music. Bryan Ferry now sounds like a cat with worms and stomach cramps though. Leave it mate.

I also love a bit of UKG.

It was as cool as a penguins ringpiece to like Simple Minds when I was a teenager. Never liked them much.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've never been into the "cool" music.

I liked Soft Cell, and Depeche Mode right back to their early stuff.

And now, as a man in his mid-40's and with a soon-to-be-teenage daughter, I do enjoy listening to her One Direction stuff. There, I've said it. Their stuff is ruddy catchy, and they have decent voices, it's everything pop ever was and ever should be.

I shall now shuffle off into a corner, albeit while singing ".... that's what makes you beautiful" to myself.

Quite like "Coldplay" and can't quite understand the vitriol they attract. Can't stand James Blunt's music but love his Twitter posts! Can't see that these chaps have appeared so I will add them - Quo.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Carpenters, Eagles, Bee Gees, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits and basically the entire country music genre.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:(
Carpenters, Eagles, Bee Gees, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits and basically the entire country music genre.

So Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles are uncool? Nobody told me this :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If you like a band where virtually every song sounds the same and the band are still trying to be zany at whatever age they are now then I could see the appeal. They also very easy for overweight old men to dance to :smile:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I've been listening to Joy Division in my kitchen this afternoon, and in order to better the acoustics I've turned down the extractor fans, so I am LITERALLY not cool at the moment, especially on a day like today.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've been listening to Joy Division in my kitchen this afternoon, and in order to better the acoustics I've turned down the extractor fans, so I am LITERALLY not cool at the moment, especially on a day like today.

Joy Division were cool though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Despised by many a music lover though.....why?

No idea I'm afraid, you'd have to ask them. I consider myself a 'music lover' in that I love listening to music.

I sort of think that the people who indulge in that elitist "oh, you listen to that band?" thing have stopped listening to music because it makes them feel happy or sad or whatever but because it has artistic merit or because they think it gives them sort of street cred.

My other half is one of those people and she regularly mocks me for my music tastes. Usually whilst I'm singing my heart out to Feeder or OCS or the f**kin Eagles.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
One of my favourite bands ever...

The Police

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Genesis, and their individual members solo ventures Phil Collins, Mike and the Mechanics not sure if Peter Gabriel gets lumped in the uncool bin, but if so him as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here