Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday 3pm's last season

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As suspected, we had the fewest number of 3pm kick-off's on Saturday in the Championship, and most of the Premier League.
3pm.PNG

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Using that table as a guide we should be able to expect about 10 or 11 home games at 3pm, which isn't too bad I suppose.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Using that table as a guide we should be able to expect about 10 or 11 home games at 3pm, which isn't too bad I suppose.

You would think, but Sky love the Amex, so I expect very few home games to be left untouched.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What is it with Sky's love in with the Amex? I don't get it.

Facilities. Cables were built into the stadium so all their technicians have to do is plug in. At some grounds the commentators are on platforms held up with scaffolding.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You would think, but Sky love the Amex, so I expect very few home games to be left untouched.

they do? maybe for Championship games, but we're in a bigger pond now, they'll be showing last years top 6 at every opportunity.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Facilities. Cables were built into the stadium so all their technicians have to do is plug in. At some grounds the commentators are on platforms held up with scaffolding.

Is this so?

The Amex is currently undergoing upgrades due to Premier League requirements - haven't the existing PL clubs already reached that standard?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Is this so?

The Amex is currently undergoing upgrades due to Premier League requirements - haven't the existing PL clubs already reached that standard?

I think that was mainly floodlights

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

http://www.kssgroup.com/news/amex-community-stadium-upgrades/

Brighton & Hove Albion FC’s (BHAFC) Amex Community Stadium will undergo £5m upgrades this summer ahead of the upcoming Premier League season.

As architects and designers of the award-winning stadium, we will be working on a range of improvements throughout the post-season including replacing the existing floodlights with a new LED system; a new additional TV gantry, TV studio and hospitality area added in the south-east corner.
Media facilities will be upgraded to provide six interview areas for UK and global broadcasters, while the post-match press conference area will also be improved.
A new match day restaurant will be added in the East Stand, and the players and managers will be rewarded with state-of-the-art lounges for their families and guests.
Everyone at KSS would like to wish BHAFC all the best for their return to the top flight of English football!

PUBLISHED BY
DOMINIC FLEMING
MARKETING COORDINATOR

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is this so?

That's to do with the number of rooms available to journalists rather than making it easy for the tech guys.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

This, and camera positions at the ideal height, etc. (unlike, say, Bournemouth, where the camera position is awful).

they do? maybe for Championship games, but we're in a bigger pond now, they'll be showing last years top 6 at every opportunity.

Yep, but say they've got to choose whether to show Bournemouth v Chelsea or Chelsea v Bournemouth, they're probably more likely to show the fixture at Stamford Bridge, whereas I think it would work the other way round with us.

I don't think some LED bulbs cost £5million (yes I realise I'm oversimplifying there).

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
According to that table Leeds had the same number as us. Our problem was lack of home games, whereas theirs was away games.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
That table reinforces exactly why I had to cancel my season tickets - my inability to get to non saturday matches. Sad, but true. At least two JCLs were able to acquire decent seats on the half way line of the east stand lower.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here