Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best BLUR song?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another vote for 'To The End' but an honourable mention to 'Song 2' - any song that gets played that much would start to grate but it is still a work of genius, as is the video that goes with it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Got to be Popscene

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Charmless Man

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wondered if you were listening to Radio X as a couple of minutes before this post they were playing End of a Century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVNCpCy8gLc

Not an original choice, I appreciate, but I'll go for Tender, just for the lovely moments being part of the happy crowd drifting away from the Pyramid Stage in 2009 all singing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T8LMZhz6FQ

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Not sure how long you've been listening to Radio X (XFM)?
But it's not the same, playing a lot less of the indie type music it was originally known for, more Global middle of the road choices.
You have to listen, mainly at night and the weekend to get that indie vibe back.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Favourite band in the world so absolutely no idea where to start. Chemical World maybe. Two of my favourite Blur moments, Damon singing Waterloo Sunset with Ray Davies and seeing them do a cover of My Sharona on Cleethorpes Pier. The Cleethorpes Pier gig was sensational, seeing them in the Brighton Centre was a massive let down. They're definitely a band who when they can't be bothered, you may as well go home after the first song.

What I would say though is there's a few 'fillers' on their albums.

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Favourite band in the world so absolutely no idea where to start. Chemical World maybe. Two of my favourite Blur moments, Damon singing Waterloo Sunset with Ray Davies and seeing them do a cover of My Sharona on Cleethorpes Pier. The Cleethorpes Pier gig was sensational, seeing them in the Brighton Centre was a massive let down. They're definitely a band who when they can't be bothered, you may as well go home after the first song.

What I would say though is there's a few 'fillers' on their albums.

Did anyone else see them play at the Paradox on West St? Happy days...
I'll go End of a Century. Or For Tomorrow. Or No Distance Left to Run. **** it, impossible choice

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Bugman
Death of a Party
Bang
Advert
Ernold Same
Dan Abnormal
Star Shaped
Blue Jeans
Globe Alone
Miss America
Coping
Lot 105

As with Oasis (Wonderwall/Don't Look Back in Anger/Crying Your Heart Out etc), you can tell who doesn't like music by the people who choose the abject moneymakers (Song 2/Girls and Boys/This is a Low etc)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You're dead right , only your "favourite Bucks Fizz" song could be lower :moo:

What rubbish Bucks Fizz had three UK number one singles, Blur could only manage two, therefore Bucks Fizz are far better,

Now then all together

It;s time....for making your mind up.......

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Bugman
Death of a Party
Bang
Advert
Ernold Same
Dan Abnormal
Star Shaped
Blue Jeans
Globe Alone
Miss America
Coping
Lot 105

As with Oasis (Wonderwall/Don't Look Back in Anger/Crying Your Heart Out etc), you can tell who doesn't like music by the people who choose the abject moneymakers (Song 2/Girls and Boys/This is a Low etc)

Oh look at you Mr Alternative! Did you just pick the tracks no one has listed yet to be different?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here