Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reports of a van driving into a crowd of people in Finsbury Park

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Isn't it in the Highway Code that as soon as a pedestrian sets foot on the road, they do have right of way? I agree with The Clamp, drivers don't even stop for mums with prams or wheelchairs, or old folk anymore. The roads have gotten very rude.

Yes. you are totally right. Pedestrians have the right of way if they have stepped on the road first.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Isn't it in the Highway Code that as soon as a pedestrian sets foot on the road, they do have right of way? I agree with The Clamp, drivers don't even stop for mums with prams or wheelchairs, or old folk anymore. The roads have gotten very rude.

I like to be polite when I can as a driver except when I consider it unsafe to do so, I do get some very good drivers when I'm trying to cross a road in my wheelchair so they are not all bad.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
So many cars now and so many rude drivers. When I'm on foot, if I'm waiting for ages to cross I wait for a car going slightly slower and using polite hand gestures and a look of intent they usually slow down enough and let me cross. Astonishing the amount of drivers who simply will not let anyone cross when it is safe to do so. Me me me.

Perhaps when they realise it's you, they speed up ???

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So many cars now and so many rude drivers. When I'm on foot, if I'm waiting for ages to cross I wait for a car going slightly slower and using polite hand gestures and a look of intent they usually slow down enough and let me cross. Astonishing the amount of drivers who simply will not let anyone cross when it is safe to do so. Me me me.
I see many road rage incidents every day, often all of them are avoidable, just rude people

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here