Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reports of a van driving into a crowd of people in Finsbury Park

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Same attitude as someone who says women who dress provocatively are inviting a rape.
Look at yourself in the mirror and see what we see.

When I dress as a woman, I do it very conservatively. I try not to look in the mirror when I've done it though

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I see someone who cares about our country being destroyed by hate , whether that be from Muslim extremists or right wing islamophobes . We are a very tolerant country yet are being dragged into a war . I find the whole thing bloody dispicable . And for what it's worth I don't agree with a woman being raped because of the way she dresses.

Muslims now moaning that they feel unsafe whilst going to pray . Well perhaps now they may get a feeling of how the rest of the country feels

Seems pretty hateful to me.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think the rise of UKIP and the issue of immigration forcing Brexit has legimitised in the minds of the sick the warped notion that there are too many immigrants and they are damaging our country. Throw in 3 domestic Muslim atrocities and you've got a huge problem.

The fact is our population growth is out of control and too many people are happy to totally ignore it. Farmland is being built on everywhere and estates are springing up like new towns. Are we undergoing extensive new road-building programmes, more prisons hospitals, schools and surgeries?
Slowly and surely our quality of life is being diminished. Multi-Cuilturalism hasn't worked. Yesterday, saw Indians and Pakistani's fighting running battles in the streets of Leicester. The Afro- Caribbeans dislike the sub-continental Indians. Sikhs hate Muslims. Hindu's hate Muslims. Poles hate Albanians. Gurkhas are attacked in Army towns, when they have given their life to King/Queen and Country. Whole areas are no go ghetto's of simmering distrust.
Many, many people are uncomfortable with three million Muslims in this country and growing fast. 1: 20 will at some stage be 1: 10 and then 1:5. Its inevitable and will change the whole face of this country.
On a relatively small island, with finite resources,there has to be controlled immigration or services will be swamped and will ultimately lead to collapse.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
or services will be swamped and will ultimately lead to collapse.

I'll be leaving the UK when I retire. I love being British, I'm proud to be British, but turning this country round is going to be akin to a three point turn in an oil tanker. If they start now, I'll be dead when it happens... I'd rather go somewhere that doesn't have the future this country does.

It's my children I feel helpless for. The absolute screw-up this country has become is what they will inherit... These are horrible times. If Donald Trump can be president of the USA it's a massive marker of the way the world has already gone. We won't be far behind America. We never are.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Most of the muslims I know don't harbour a far right ideology. I think it's your version of Islam that's the problem. Today, if the driver's demographic turns out to be true, he is still a terrorist. The right wing twats that outspokenly use anti-Islam repetitive shite to attack innocent muslims and encourage hate are as bad as the extremists.

I don't think we need the right wing to demonise Islam, it does very well by itself. If we label people who reject Islam as right wing or Islamophobes we are in trouble.

Are Muslims who openly reject secularism secularphobes? And could this attack be labelled secularist terrorism?

I embrace all cultures of the world but I could be labelled as an Islamophobe because I am critical of it. So if someone has a rational concern about Islam and is labelled as Islamophobic, should we assume they are right wing EDL members or racist?

The London attacks and especially the Manchester one was deeply upsetting and gruesome to people. I doubt the guy today had any ideology that instructed him to do this, or that he believed he was doing God's work. This was a reaction of someone who has lost the plot because of the affect it had on him.

Now I have just heard a Muslim on the BBC accuse Maajid Nawas and Douglas Murray of being hate preachers so I guess they are Islamophobic EDL too.

It's at times like this when hate preaching against the west from Muslims is papered over and used for their own Islamic propaganda machine. Some Muslim tin foil hatters even believe that Grenfell was a revenge attack on them.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A shock to Finsbury Mosque as they find out that British fruitloops are more than willing to match Jihadi fruitloops in a game of mow down and murder.

As Sadiq Khan said "It is all part and parcel of living in a big city"

We have all had enough of this shit but some are willing to go further in their anger than others.

We have a shit summer ahead of us, that's for sure. The end game is coming and now we have the Far right willing to be just as depraved as the Jihadis.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Requires a photo of Joaquin Phoenix in a tin-foil hat.
It's really not.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
IMO this is defeatist and counterproductive stance and in addition not necessarily correct. Generally speaking we are currently living in a period where we are experiencing lower levels of violence than throughout the rest of human history and this can be partially attributed to “a growing revulsion against aggression on smaller scales, including violence against ethnic minorities”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_B...declining_violence_.28Chapters_2_through_7.29

Clearly at the moment things are relatively violent, and potentially things will get worse in the short-term. But it’s too early to say this is a new long term trend or something that can’t be contended with and to assume it is will only exacerbate it further.

I hope you're right, my observations and conclusions merely based on years of studying mankinds capacity for violence and inability to get along for any extended period. I'm well read in this respect i.e. not jumping to wild conclusions. And I don't mean that from a better than you perspective, just pointing out you're not dealing with a teenage halfwit who wouldn't know his Nero from his Mussolini that's all (in case you wondering). Would love to debate more but gotta fly! Ciao!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When have these isles ever been peaceful? In 1974 there were 9 Northern Irish terror related attacks resulting in the death of 112 people and countless other injuries. While abhorrent, what we are seeing is no where near the scale of what we've seen before, perpetrated by those of Christian faith and similar cultural background. That in no way justifies or simplifies terrorism in the present, but it is context for a reactionary subtext.

Lets not start living in fear and pretending the world was a happy little place way back when. You're as likely to be killed by someone driving and texting on their phone on the way to London than in London by a terrorist. Terrorism is intended to spread fear, 4 or 5, or 10 or 20 terrorists shouldn't be able to change the shape of our country because we are scared. If immigration, and the way communities integrate is to be reviewed politically, then it should be done on our terms, not on a basis of fear.

I didn't say they were 100%, that's why I used the word 'relative'. And if you compare us to other countries, you have to go back far longer than most (i.e. Relative!) to find civil war or domestic violence on a mass scale. We have had, by and large, a relative quiet time compared to most. Not really sure what the rest of your reply was about in truth, seemed a bit all over the place in relation to the aforementioned. What are the other points you're trying to make?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nothing is certain yet, but I have an interview with a Dubai company on Thursday, nothing may come of it.

And you want to leave these shores for Dubai. That's made me laugh. The UAE............the land of the free.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It was standard copy for the attacks in Germany last year suprised you missed it.

I haven't a clue what you are on about but then again few people on here have to be honest, Oh Your Great Enlightened one.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone else even noticed another attack in France today? So common its becoming the norm...tolerable even?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here