Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reports of a van driving into a crowd of people in Finsbury Park

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In many respects the nutters doing this were always doing this, just a different flag of convenience these days. All those preaching love and peace are, whilst admirable, deluded because mankind can't help but kill itself. When? When was this world not full of hate and killing based on nationality, race or religion? Find me a peaceful chapter in our species history and I'll take whomever out for a drink (btw, that's a safer bet than Sunderland winning the PL next season). It's why I reject multi culturism: not out of some little englander perspective on the world but because history shows time and time again that sizeable minorities can't live alongside each other without blood letting. So I'd rather keep England 'English' and not invite every race on this planet to try and live in harmony with each other in what was once a relatively peaceful country and has been compared to every other on this planet bar none (well, excluding Greenland and Iceland perhaps) for centuries. Because mankind shows time and time again it cannot be trusted to get along. So best keep tribes separate. I fear for the future because increasingly this multicultural experiment is only getting worse as ethnic minorities will soon overtake 'indigenousness' by virtue or the enormous difference in birthrates and demographics which will increase chances of nutters on both sides feeling threatened. Shit, anyone know of any jobs going on the Scilly Isles where I can get away from all this crap and not feel nervous going in and out of London regularly?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have you been there? Do you know that as fact?

it was an opinion. i live in a nice, liberal society and cant imagine going on holiday let alone live in a place that isn't. and then the heat, seems daft to go anywhere that hot, especially when the wealthy natives leave the place for London and elsewhere in the summer.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well the reports I have just heard are an exact reverse of your view. ITV news have reported a comment from a policeman saying he could be mentally ill. Never heard reports of the recent Muslim murderers of having been mentally ill.......... just evil.

It was standard copy for the attacks in Germany last year suprised you missed it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
i never understand people, other than ex-squadies and oil engineers, going to those forsaken places.

Each to their own I guess - been there several times with work and once on holiday. Had the opportunity to transfer there but doesn't appeal to me - weather is deeply unpleasant for 6 months of the year (would ruin my mostly outside hobbies) and expat life appears to revolve around drinking in expat-only bars and clubs, keeping up with the Joneses and comparing paypackets. The working environment is a bit slow and working during Ramadan is painful. It's also incredibly bureaucratic (immigration is tortuous) and cost of living is expensive (accommodation and services in particular). On the plus side, several lines of work are very well paid and tax free, there's a huge choice of restaurants of decent quality, petrol is almost given away and there are some great beaches (when it's not too hot to use them). It's also a great hub for travelling elsewhere. Whilst it'd be a 'no' from me I equally know loads of people who love the lifestyle. Horses for courses as always.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Islamophobia fuelled by xenophobia does have racist overtones. The perpetrator is usually to blame for this confusion in definition. Although the use of sectarian is permissible here it is usually used for sects within a religion, such as Protestant/Catholics or Shias/Sunnis.

Sectarian is just a form for sectional and is a reasoned response, white supremacist is a conditioned response, as for your claim its use by the perpetrators well I was only picking up on I beleive 3 people using it in this thread, some of the usual suspects so that arguement falls a bit flat as well.

A shock to Finsbury Mosque as they find out that British fruitloops are more than willing to match Jihadi fruitloops in a game of mow down and murder.

As Sadiq Khan said "It is all part and parcel of living in a big city"

We have all had enough of this shit but some are willing to go further in their anger than others.

We have a shit summer ahead of us, that's for sure. The end game is coming and now we have the Far right willing to be just as depraved as the Jihadis.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
it was an opinion. i live in a nice, liberal society and cant imagine going on holiday let alone live in a place that isn't. and then the heat, seems daft to go anywhere that hot, especially when the wealthy natives leave the place for London and elsewhere in the summer.

So... what if you looked at it as a mid term project? Something that gave you the power to buy a house where you want, not the UK for me. So you do your 5 years and are then empowered by your vision? Sorry for being selfish, but that is my long term aim.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This is possibly going to be a huge problem with tit-for-tat attacks from the non-muslim extremists in Britain. I sincerely hope that's not the case. I heard a young muslim man who went to the mosque after the attack and he described how the feeling was one of anger and a feeling that muslims were being victimised and want to hit back. I found that an amazing comment given the Manchester and London Bridge attacks. The muslims need the support of the greater part of the British public in order for any kind of stability to emerge from this mess. It is my fear that attacks of this sort will lead to further marginalisation of muslims and therefore worsening attacks on both 'sides'.

i honestly dont knwo if this is a slow escalation or the cork popping on the bottle. As for Islamic greivence, which also exists over moors being thrown out of Spain and muslims prevented from exacting genocide in Eastern Timor is quite common and needs facing down not pandering to.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In many respects the nutters doing this were always doing this, just a different flag of convenience these days. All those preaching love and peace are, whilst admirable, deluded because mankind can't help but kill itself. When? When was this world not full of hate and killing based on nationality, race or religion? Find me a peaceful chapter in our species history and I'll take whomever out for a drink (btw, that's a safer bet than Sunderland winning the PL next season). It's why I reject multi culturism: not out of some little englander perspective on the world but because history shows time and time again that sizeable minorities can't live alongside each other without blood letting. So I'd rather keep England 'English' and not invite every race on this planet to try and live in harmony with each other in what was once a relatively peaceful country and has been compared to every other on this planet bar none (well, excluding Greenland and Iceland perhaps) for centuries. Because mankind shows time and time again it cannot be trusted to get along. So best keep tribes separate. I fear for the future because increasingly this multicultural experiment is only getting worse as ethnic minorities will soon overtake 'indigenousness' by virtue or the enormous difference in birthrates and demographics which will increase chances of nutters on both sides feeling threatened. Shit, anyone know of any jobs going on the Scilly Isles where I can get away from all this crap and not feel nervous going in and out of London regularly?

When have these isles ever been peaceful? In 1974 there were 9 Northern Irish terror related attacks resulting in the death of 112 people and countless other injuries. While abhorrent, what we are seeing is no where near the scale of what we've seen before, perpetrated by those of Christian faith and similar cultural background. That in no way justifies or simplifies terrorism in the present, but it is context for a reactionary subtext.

Lets not start living in fear and pretending the world was a happy little place way back when. You're as likely to be killed by someone driving and texting on their phone on the way to London than in London by a terrorist. Terrorism is intended to spread fear, 4 or 5, or 10 or 20 terrorists shouldn't be able to change the shape of our country because we are scared. If immigration, and the way communities integrate is to be reviewed politically, then it should be done on our terms, not on a basis of fear.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the rise of UKIP and the issue of immigration forcing Brexit has legimitised in the minds of the sick the warped notion that there are too many immigrants and they are damaging our country. Throw in 3 domestic Muslim atrocities and you've got a huge problem.

I just hope there are no copycat attacks - you could easily imagine similar incidents taking place in other areas of the country where the BNP have got their act together.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I've seen a few posts on this thread that start with something like "I'm not condoning this attack" and then go on to imply it's the victims fault they've been targeted because they're muslim.

That is almost as sick as Chicken Run revelling at Portuguese people burned alive.

If this place is a microcosm of society, it's no wonder there is big issues.

Muslims now moaning that they feel unsafe whilst going to pray . Well perhaps now they may get a feeling of how the rest of the country feels . Sick and tired of it all, it will never change.

Like this, for example.
Same attitude as someone who says women who dress provocatively are inviting a rape.
Look at yourself in the mirror and see what we see.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Like this, for example.
Same attitude as someone who says women who dress provocatively are inviting a rape.
Look at yourself in the mirror and see what we see.

I see someone who cares about our country being destroyed by hate , whether that be from Muslim extremists or right wing islamophobes . We are a very tolerant country yet are being dragged into a war . I find the whole thing bloody dispicable . And for what it's worth I don't agree with a woman being raped because of the way she dresses.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

IMO this is defeatist and counterproductive stance and in addition not necessarily correct. Generally speaking we are currently living in a period where we are experiencing lower levels of violence than throughout the rest of human history and this can be partially attributed to “a growing revulsion against aggression on smaller scales, including violence against ethnic minorities”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_B...declining_violence_.28Chapters_2_through_7.29

Clearly at the moment things are relatively violent, and potentially things will get worse in the short-term. But it’s too early to say this is a new long term trend or something that can’t be contended with and to assume it is will only exacerbate it further.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Muslims now moaning that they feel unsafe whilst going to pray . Well perhaps now they may get a feeling of how the rest of the country feels . Sick and tired of it all, it will never change.

Why would they need this incident, to know what 'the rest of the country feels like'??

Do you not think Muslim folk who use public transport / walk about London / travel through big train stations / attend concerts or big sports events were already feeling what everyone else is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here