Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reports of a van driving into a crowd of people in Finsbury Park

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Agree if so but more likely just indiscriminate aiming at a group of people (maximum potential impact) rather than targeting someone getting treatment specifically I'd think.

Thoughts are with those injured.

Yes.
No different in mentality to the terrorists on London Bridge, who made two previous runs up and down the bridge until they were satisfied there were enough gathered on there to mow down. Just calculated to harm as many as possible at a given time.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
If that were the case they are not getting the point across over the media very well.

We deserve to see the exact amount of outed jahadis, weekly/monthly/yearly and if the numbers are going up significantly since the Manchester attack.

So that the non Muslim communities can see that the Muslims are doing there job and do not support these people in any way shape or form.

Hoof them out, all of them.

You keep bringing it around to an anti May agenda are you by any chance on Corbyns wage bill???

Why are you not attacking the non-Muslim community for not "outing" this guy that committed this crime last night?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
If that were the case they are not getting the point across over the media very well.

We deserve to see the exact amount of outed jahadis, weekly/monthly/yearly and if the numbers are going up significantly since the Manchester attack.

So that the non Muslim communities can see that the Muslims are doing there job and do not support these people in any way shape or form.

You keep bringing it around to an anti May agenda are you by any chance on Corbyns wage bill???

While I agree with a lot of what you say Mrs May is in the least bit culpable for cutting police numbers when Home Secretary and then calling those that opposed those cuts as scaremongering.

It is quite clear that much of the security services intelligence on likely terrorists comes from within the communities in which they live. However much of the community police budget has been scaled back. Also much mention has been made in the reduction of police officers but no mention to the thousands of back room civilian staff, staff who would have handled, prioritised and disseminated workable intel.

Mrs May was responsible for these cuts so does take some of the blame!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Another place to close to home for me, I used to live around the corner in Green Lanes, opposite the park.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I've seen a few posts on this thread that start with something like "I'm not condoning this attack" and then go on to imply it's the victims fault they've been targeted because they're muslim.

That is almost as sick as Chicken Run revelling at Portuguese people burned alive.

If this place is a microcosm of society, it's no wonder there is big issues.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Serves me right for watching the Beeb, but the news clips and interviews from 11am keep hinting at the fact that emergency services might not have been as quick to respond as usual or as to be expected, whether it be down to resources or other reasons.

I find that sort of comment distasteful, and I am sure that each incident is treated with equal gravitas.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Why are you not attacking the non-Muslim community for not "outing" this guy that committed this crime last night?

People attacked and questioned Catholic communities all the time for not outing pedo clergy members.

So let's not pretend it's not happened to non-Muslim groups.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
People attacked and questioned Catholic communities all the time for not outing pedo clergy members.

So let's not pretend it's not happened to non-Muslim groups.

No-one's pretending that. Not really sure I understand the relevance of the response to be honest.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

How would the Muslim communities get hold of the data of how many tip offs the intelligence services are dealing with ahead of anyone else?

After each atrocity we've heard very quickly about the names of the perpetrators, that they were on watch lists and that they'd been reported from within their communities. How did you miss that?

Where on earth have I mentioned politics? MI5 said they have trouble dealing with the amount of data, they stated that publicly.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
After each atrocity we've heard very quickly about the names of the perpetrators, that they were on watch lists and that they'd been reported from within their communities.

You think so ?

I know for a fact we have now been told the truth about the Manchester bombing that could have been a lot worse, it's not been resolved but why the level was raised and dropped now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I heard a young muslim man who went to the mosque after the attack and he described how the feeling was one of anger and a feeling that muslims were being victimised and want to hit back.
That is a weird thing to say.

All those who refer to "muslims" when they should be referring to "jihadi terrorists" need to take a long hard look at themselves
It depends what they're saying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Islam isn't compatible with 2017 western societies. It's one of the most backwards far right ideologies on the planet.

There's many articles written about the rise of the right around the world, yet none list Islam as a far right ideology which it is.

Extreme right only seems to be an issue when it's white men. People don't want the extreme right yet openly defend Islam. People need to open their eyes a bit more.
Islam is not a progressive liberal ideology. It's ultra conservative.

Anyone in the west who is white and ultra conservative is considered a neo-con or leaning towards far right.
While I agree that some of the things written in the Quran are unacceptable (like calling for non believers to be killed), most Muslims either gloss over those parts or choose to ignore them, and most are fine with people from other races or faiths. That is not like someone from the far right. You don't find members of far right groups saying 'I'm fine with all races and faith groups, I'm just here for the tea and biscuits'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why didn't YOU 'out' this white guy?

You are clearly not doing enough.
Some Muslims are reporting people that they are concerned about, which is great, both for security and our hope of moving forward as a society with mixed faiths. Is it happening enough though? Probably not I'd guess.

I'm confident that if we have as many far right extremist turning to violence, there will be a huge effort to out them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Some Muslims are reporting people that they are concerned about, which is great, both for security and our hope of moving forward as a society with mixed faiths. Is it happening enough though? Probably not I'd guess.

I'm confident that if we have as many far right extremist turning to violence, there will be a huge effort to out them.

We have no hope of moving on at present mate, tragedies, disasters, hate crime, happening on a daily basis whilst there is a vacuum in politics. Can't wait to exit this bloody country.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Bros have reformed and are touring :(

An-old-man-walks-into-a-bar-2C-s--1 copy.jpg

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Muslims now moaning that they feel unsafe whilst going to pray . Well perhaps now they may get a feeling of how the rest of the country feels . Sick and tired of it all, it will never change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here