Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reports of a van driving into a crowd of people in Finsbury Park

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Better if it is. It's easier to monitor extremist groups than it is the average Joe who just comes out of thin air and commits such crimes.

The average Joe doesn't murder innocent Muslims coming out of a Mosque. There is disgusting bile coming from far right groups in this country often hidden behind carefully chosen words like that of Britain First and such other groups. Do you think that they have less influence than the extreme radicalised Muslims of this country on idiots.
I doubt if he has come out of thin air btw but we'll wait and see though Tyrone.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Sadly I think it was only a matter of time before there was an attack on the muslim community of Great Britain.
There has been so much stirring up of hatred by rags like the Daily Mail etc as well as crap from far right groups on the internet (I seem to remember a rather hateful post being locked on NSC just a few days ago for example) that someone was always going to respond with violence.
All those who refer to "muslims" when they should be referring to "jihadi terrorists" need to take a long hard look at themselves - this lumping them together has helped cause the hatred leading to this attack.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I think that has to be a given [that they are mental]. With any incident like this the common thread has to be that they are mentally ill. No one of sane mine does something like this, be it alone or in a group.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Not really. The London bridge attack happened at ten o clock, this occurred much later and has also thankfully resulted in far fewer casualties. I would say that perhaps it's strange that no one has suggested that the person was mentally ill or something? It's a pity that you seem to have an agenda.

I have no agenda, just a healthy interest as to what makes people post on these threads.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So when someone attack muslims they call it a racial motivation rather than sectarian and call for greater sencorship.

When a muslim does it they call it mental illness and let more muslims in and go soft and pander to the muslim community.

How is this going to end well?

As I said this is how civilisations fall, with, among other things escalating violence.

Well the reports I have just heard are an exact reverse of your view. ITV news have reported a comment from a policeman saying he could be mentally ill. Never heard reports of the recent Muslim murderers of having been mentally ill.......... just evil.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I did mention the fact that timing may have been an issue - however looking at the London Bridge thread hundreds of posts were made throughout the night!

My thought was that as what appears a deliberate race related attack it seemed unusual the lack of response.

In this case the powers are saying "possible" terrorist attack. I guess it is difficult to define when it's a terrorist attack or just the act of a nut job white supremacist.

It's not a race attack. It's an attack on a group of people who share an ideology.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Maybe it was just a revenge attack ( albeit the wrong way to go about things ) by someone who has been pushed over the top by the recent attacks by Moslems against our traditional way of life.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The average Joe doesn't murder innocent Muslims coming out of a Mosque. There is disgusting bile coming from far right groups in this country often hidden behind carefully chosen words like that of Britain First and such other groups. Do you think that they have less influence than the extreme radicalised Muslims of this country on idiots.
I doubt if he has come out of thin air btw but we'll wait and see though Tyrone.

Of course they could if they are mentally ill.

Let's wait and see if any group claims the attack as that's the modus operandi of a terrorist group.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
If this was a revenge attack the difference between this and the London Bridge, Westminster Bridge and other terrorist attacks is that those attacks were indiscriminate potentially killing both non muslims and muslims alike. This was specifically targeted at Muslims with the likelihood being that none of the victims were in any way associated with the attacks for which this attacker was presumably seeking revenge. It's a similar scenario to a woman who has been raped by a man seeking revenge by going on a killing spree targeting men indiscriminately.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I did mention the fact that timing may have been an issue - however looking at the London Bridge thread hundreds of posts were made throughout the night!

My thought was that as what appears a deliberate race related attack it seemed unusual the lack of response.

In this case the powers are saying "possible" terrorist attack. I guess it is difficult to define when it's a terrorist attack or just the act of a nut job white supremacist.

Massive difference between something where the news broke at 10pm on a Saturday night and one that occured after midnight going into Monday morning

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
So when someone attack muslims they call it a racial motivation rather than sectarian and call for greater sencorship.

When a muslim does it they call it mental illness and let more muslims in and go soft and pander to the muslim community.

How is this going to end well?

As I said this is how civilisations fall, with, among other things escalating violence.

It's not a race attack. It's an attack on a group of people who share an ideology.

Islamophobia fuelled by xenophobia does have racist overtones. The perpetrator is usually to blame for this confusion in definition. Although the use of sectarian is permissible here it is usually used for sects within a religion, such as Protestant/Catholics or Shias/Sunnis.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The world has far too many people with a warped sense of what constitutes progress. This planet is getting smaller, not bigger, so our communities need to learn how to come together, not stay apart.

This heinous crime is yet another act of terror designed to stir up a war. Just as we should be asking all communities to round on their individuals that sow the seeds of hatred, the community from where these perpetrators come from should receive the same treatment.

Meanwhile, lets invest in the poorest communities. Make them more prosperous and ensure they are served well. I'm sure that there are some links between isolationism, terrorism and poverty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

You need to pay more attention to the news. The powers that be are saying this is a terrorist attack.

Also, London Bridge happened at 10pm on a Saturday night. This has happened at 12.20 on Sunday night/Monday morning. I for one was in bed.

This is not an issue for you to stir with, so may I suggest you wind your neck in on this.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Whilst shocking, I'm actually surprised there aren't more attacks by white supremacist types given the amount of Islamist terrorist incidents across Europe in the last couple of years. Not saying it's right but given the encouragement, I'm very surprised

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
At approx 4.15am this morning, I listened to a representative of ' British Muslim Youth ' being interviewed on Radio 5 Live. He hysterically attacked the presenter in the studio as to why there was no coverage of the event by the media. He was politely informed that the said radio station had been covering the event , since news of the attack broke. This didn't seem to placate the individual at all, who was demanding all sorts of action be taken.
As usual, certain individuals seem more intent on fanning the flames, than dousing the fire with calmness and reflection.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You need to pay more attention to the news. The powers that be are saying this is a terrorist attack.

Also, London Bridge happened at 10pm on a Saturday night. This has happened at 12.20 on Sunday night/Monday morning. I for one was in bed.

This is not an issue for you to stir with, so may I suggest you wind your neck in on this.

Sorry, the government and Met Police are still saying "possible" at the moment of typing... now at 8:05 Amber Rudd has said it is being treated as a terrorist attack!

It will be interesting to see what the perpetrators political reasoning was!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here