Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

40 People have sadly died in Portuguese forest fire

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hardly a backtrack having to get the blackboard out and explain the background behind my post!!

This reply is now saying we are all school kids? just an observation

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've calmed down a bit now-yes that's how i took it and to be honest,after all it's the housing associations that carry as much (if not more) blame as May Tory or any council......it's still a bad thread (timing) and i personally feel you should be banned for the day at least....

Ok then

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
With comments like the OP it does demonstrate to me, how much our educational system has failed so many. Party politics should not be used to point score when disasters occur.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tasteless and moronic at best. At worst...?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Can't we just mourn for the people who have lost their lives and for their families?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Spent a night in our van sleeping on top of a mountain above the tree line of those forests in February. Beautiful place. The drive down to Lousa curved down hill for well over an hour in the morning. Very wet then but cannot imagine driving out of a bushfire in June. You'd keep crossing the path of the fires.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Banned yet ?

Also a bit of a thick post.

May getting grief alongside the local Tory Council (as was the Mayor) because in the two days after the disaster the coordination on the ground was becoming another one.

The Tory local council quite obviously not up to it and even if much was happening behind the scenes it was being communicated.

May to her credit now has admitted there was a **** up and has sent Government officials in.

Last edited:

OP is normally a decent poster, may I humbly suggest that his post was more highlighting the futility and down right grubbiness of political point scoring in the aftermath of tragedy.

A classic case of typing before engaging brain while forgetting about the actual human tragedy unfolding.

Something I myself am guilty of on many occasions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Spent a night in our van sleeping on top of a mountain above the tree line of those forests in February. Beautiful place. The drive down to Lousa curved down hill for well over an hour in the morning. Very wet then but cannot imagine driving out of a bushfire in June. You'd keep crossing the path of the fires.

Unfortunately, 8 people died in their cars, doing just that.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
OP is normally a decent poster, may I humbly suggest that his post was more highlighting the futility and down right grubbiness of political point scoring in the aftermath of tragedy.

A classic case of typing before engaging brain while forgetting about the actual human tragedy unfolding.

This.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

If this is true, you'd think that when this was pointed out to him he might have responded with a bit of contrition. I see none in any of his responses.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If this is true, you'd think that when this was pointed out to him he might have responded with a bit of contrition. I see none in any of his responses.

99.99% of posters on NSC have posted embarrassing content, me included, over the years. Most have the decency to admit they've been stupid, unfunny, ill-considered or just plain wrong. The reaction to such posts of contrition tends to be well received.

For others showing remorse or sorrow is a slight on their character and ego, and sorry seems to be the hardest word.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Really, i find him a typical aggressive right wing snowflake, Very good at this sort of thing then whines up a storm if the boot is on the other foot

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
99.99% of posters on NSC have posted embarrassing content, me included, over the years. Most have the decency to admit they've been stupid, unfunny, ill-considered or just plain wrong. The reaction to such posts of contrition tends to be well received.

For others showing remorse or sorrow is a slight on their character and ego, and sorry seems to be the hardest word.

I am very sorry for posting this thread, and I apologise to all those who have been hurt and offended by the op!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here