Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

40 People have sadly died in Portuguese forest fire

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There are times I wish the thumbs down feature was still on NSC.

As an official you could always give the OP the day off....maybe.

I think it's an appalling thread to be honest..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As an official you could always give the OP the day off....maybe.

I think it's an appalling thread to be honest..

I agree, I'm torn between throwing the thread to 'The Other Stuff', locking/deleting it, or letting the rest of NSC see the nature of the lack of humanity that the OP has displayed.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree, I'm torn between throwing the thread to 'The Other Stuff', locking/deleting it, or letting the rest of NSC see the nature of the lack of humanity that the OP has displayed.

It's taking the P*** out of those in Portugal London and the PM and utterly tasteless right now...

Edit: and i fully understand your reasoning-under normal circumstances..

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Of course I'm horrified by what's happening here and overseas, I'm equally disgusted in the level of party political grief the PM is getting over the disaster!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course I'm horrified by what's happening here and overseas, I'm equally disgusted in the level of party political grief the PM is getting over the disaster!!!!

Of course you are. Using deaths to make your pathetic point. The death toll is now 57.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Fair enough, the world is full of opinions.

Personally I think the suffering of those who died and are in hospital, along with the grief of their loved ones, exceeds any pain being suffered by a professional politician due to criticism which appears to be opportunist in nature, but it doesn't mean that my views are any more valid than yours.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hardly a backtrack having to get the blackboard out and explain the background behind my post!!
Doesn't make it any less of a poor taste (to say the absolute least) post.

Whatever you think of the criticism May has had, do you think that using deaths to make a political point is the way to go? All you've done is exactly what you're accusing others of doing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I've calmed down a bit now-yes that's how i took it and to be honest,after all it's the housing associations that carry as much (if not more) blame as May Tory or any council......it's still a bad thread (timing) and i personally feel you should be banned for the day at least....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
May needs to get there now and show comfort to the survivors otherwise people will call her a murderer and a coward #shameonyou

A hoo hoo hoo! Tee hee hee!
How long did it take you to think of this stonker? #proud

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here