Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May Has 10 days.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think any new Election would wield a Labour Majority now.

I 100% agree - any election in the short term would be an absolute open goal for Labour. They would have to wait for a bloody long time to find a better chance to regain power.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
[/B]

Which is what The Telegraph is suggesting. The problem is who the cufk is there to replace her?

The Tories will be in factions over BREXIT now. Many got their will but the divisions will show. Always hard to read but I would see two polar opposite candidates in the final race. David Davis or Johnson against one from the left.

It's about timing for them now. They have a lot of balls to juggle thanks to the election car crash.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think any new Election would wield a Labour Majority now. The last Election Corbyn just ran out of time, he only got 6 weeks . His Campaign got side-tracked again part way through when Campaigning stopped due to the two terror attacks. People didn't vote for him in masses because we were told he was ''Unelectable''. No one thinks that now.

I always knew he had the support needed but it was always about getting them out to vote. His Manifesto is out there and he can just sit back and keep the pressure on now and when the time comes, re-launch the very same Manifesto. His supporters are up for the fight. It's the Tory Voters who are not galvanised now.

He will still have a big fight on his hands because the Large Corporate Bodies fear his taxation Policies and the Press fear that he will bring in Legislation to make them more accountable but make no mistake. The people themselves the ordinary common man and woman in the street are warming to Corbyn and what he believes in.

Corbyn will end up like Chris Hughton, nobody wanted him here when he got the job and at the end of the first season when we just stayed up many were calling for his head and now 2 years later just like JC he is a HERO

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There'll be another election within a few months, I'm sure.

A coalition/confidence and supply deal between May and the DUP will be neither strong nor stable, May can't count on enough support from anywhere to run a minority government with any hope of passing anything and Corbyn doesn't have anywhere near enough seats to do so, even if he made any coalition agreements.

The only question in my mind is how soon we end up back at the polls.

Don't forget, May was only borderline electable BEFORE the fiasco of her scrabbling around for a majority and her misjudgement of the Grenfel House fire. Since this support in the party for her has drained away further and with no obvious successor it would be a nightmare for the Tories to fight another election. I would think that having seen the turnaround in Labours vote many more will vote in those many key marginal if given another chance so soon.

I voted Labour for the first time in my life ( Previously always Lib-Dem) at the last election even though I thought it was a wasted vote in East Worthing and Shoreham, imagine my surprise to see the Tory majority cut to just 5,000 !

There is a groundswell towards Labour which looks pretty unstoppable at the moment and a slightly more ambitious round of campaigning could see even better results.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Don't forget, May was only borderline electable BEFORE the fiasco of her scrabbling around for a majority and her misjudgement of the Grenfel House fire. Since this support in the party for her has drained away further and with no obvious successor it would be a nightmare for the Tories to fight another election. I would think that having seen the turnaround in Labours vote many more will vote in those many key marginal if given another chance so soon.

I voted Labour for the first time in my life ( Previously always Lib-Dem) at the last election even though I thought it was a wasted vote in East Worthing and Shoreham, imagine my surprise to see the Tory majority cut to just 5,000 !

There is a groundswell towards Labour which looks pretty unstoppable at the moment and a slightly more ambitious round of campaigning could see even better results.

I would imagine the Tories will do anything to stop Labour getting into power, even thwarting democracy to do so like cancelling next years Queens Speech for example

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think any new Election would wield a Labour Majority now. The last Election Corbyn just ran out of time, he only got 6 weeks . His Campaign got side-tracked again part way through when Campaigning stopped due to the two terror attacks. People didn't vote for him in masses because we were told he was ''Unelectable''. No one thinks that now.

I always knew he had the support needed but it was always about getting them out to vote. His Manifesto is out there and he can just sit back and keep the pressure on now and when the time comes, re-launch the very same Manifesto. His supporters are up for the fight. It's the Tory Voters who are not galvanised now.

He will still have a big fight on his hands because the Large Corporate Bodies fear his taxation Policies and the Press fear that he will bring in Legislation to make them more accountable but make no mistake. The people themselves the ordinary common man and woman in the street are warming to Corbyn and what he believes in.

Even if folk don't think he can deliver they like him. Being a decent chap was never going to be enough but since May's flight from the public eye and general lack of connection has been highlighted people seem to want to believe in Corbyn.

I've often said he might struggle at the top. However, having met him, I really like the man.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Corbyn will end up like Chris Hughton, nobody wanted him here when he got the job and at the end of the first season when we just stayed up many were calling for his head and now 2 years later just like JC he is a HERO

LOL LOL LOL LOL

When he comes back from holiday I am going to tell him about this post but I will replace the JC with Jeremy Corbyn just in case he mistakes it for ''Jesus Christ'' - I don't want him to start thinking he is the ''Messiah''

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I would imagine the Tories will do anything to stop Labour getting into power, even thwarting democracy to do so like cancelling next years Queens Speech for example

Wasn't there a two year gap at one stage due to large legislative programs ? Can't remember.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

It will harm them in the long term. It is just a matter of when they'll be booted out of power now.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
LOL LOL LOL LOL

When he comes back from holiday I am going to tell him about this post but I will replace the JC with Jeremy Corbyn just in case he mistakes it for ''Jesus Christ'' - I don't want him to start thinking he is the ''Messiah''

I think Hughton would have voted for Corbyn.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Is it 10 days or 10 working days?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wasn't there a two year gap at one stage due to large legislative programs ? Can't remember.

I believe there was a year in the Con/LD coalition government where there wasn't a Queen's Speech - 2011 maybe?

larus

The Tories did bad in the last election (I mean really bad). But, bearing this in mind, Corbyn/Labour still couldn't win. What it took was the incentive/bribe to the youth vote in relation to student fees (which I think are too high anyway) to get labour into a reasonable performance. Although you think people are warming to him, I also hear stories of life-long Labout voters who didn't vote as they couldn't bring themselves to vote Tory, but wouldn't vote for him.
Also, a friend said his daughter and son were bombarded on social media by Labour messages, and in their words (not his), it felt like bullying. However, we know that is a historical tactic of the left going back to the 1970s and strikes by a show of hands and intimidation. Some things don't change.

If there was another election soon, the Tories would be better prepared and have a better leader. Just because you want something to happen (like a Labour government), don't assume that things will keep going as well for Corbyn as they have. The population in general is conservative (small c), and not that left wing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I believe there was a year in the Con/LD coalition government where there wasn't a Queen's Speech - 2011 maybe?

I have checked it was on SKY not BBC or ITV

larus

Is this the same Corbyn who you said "The experiment has failed"? Yes, thought so. Even die-hard Labour loons didn't think he was right a few months ago. You really couldn't make this shit up :lol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Tories did bad in the last election (I mean really bad). But, bearing this in mind, Corbyn/Labour still couldn't win. What it took was the incentive/bribe to the youth vote in relation to student fees (which I think are too high anyway) to get labour into a reasonable performance. Although you think people are warming to him, I also hear stories of life-long Labout voters who didn't vote as they couldn't bring themselves to vote Tory, but wouldn't vote for him.
Also, a friend said his daughter and son were bombarded on social media by Labour messages, and in their words (not his), it felt like bullying. However, we know that is a historical tactic of the left going back to the 1970s and strikes by a show of hands and intimidation. Some things don't change.

If there was another election soon, the Tories would be better prepared and have a better leader. Just because you want something to happen (like a Labour government), don't assume that things will keep going as well for Corbyn as they have. The population in general is conservative (small c), and not that left wing.

Helping the less well off in society is a ''bribe'' ?

I would say it's called ''social policy'' - And he would have delivered

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What? I've never had the feeling that she's cold or has no empathy. If you didn't vote for her, which Tory leaders have you voted for?

I suspect that the majority, including many in the Conservatives, do consider that she is cold and has no empathy which is strikingly odd from someone who purports to be a christian!

As for voting for a leader, no one voted for her apart from the people of Maidenhead. You vote for your own MP and, whilst Tory leaders are voted in by their party members, in May's case, she was the only candidate after all the other joke applicants had withdrawn.

So, not voted in as a leader, effectively lost an election she had no reason to call (other than the potential of a number of her MPs being charged with election fraud due to overspending although it turned out only one was) and now losing any credibility as she stumbles from one crisis to another. The only thing saving her is probably the fact that no one else will wish to be leader during Brexit as we are going to come out of it worse than the position we are in and no one wants that on their CV!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Helping the less well off in society is a ''bribe'' ?

I would say it's called ''social policy'' - And he would have delivered

And completely f@@ked this country over for decades, God help us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here