Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May Has 10 days.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't help thinking that if both those papers have got this then their brief has come from an influential part of the party. Suspect that a stalking horse is being prepared.

Which is what The Telegraph is suggesting. The problem is who the cufk is there to replace her?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably right but everyone is looking to blame her for everything because she just seems such a cold individual who seems to have no empathy whatsoever. When you come across like that you will win very few friends and the knives will be out. Couple that with some of the disasterous decisions she has made and the outcome is hardly surprising

I never thought I would say this but I am starting to feel a bit sorry for her as she is so obviously stunned to the point of paralysis. The papers are turning on her, her Tory colleagues will be scenting blood and she won't be able to trust anyone. I don't think anyone can trust the quality of her judgement and I can't see how she can stay; if she was a boxer the fight would be stopped.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wonder whether any change of leader would benefit anybody other than Corbyn and Gerry Adams as seems a likely coalition. Certainly not the country in general and not the Tory party. Perhaps it would Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP.

Why on earth would Labour enter into a coalition with Sinn Fein, a party who has never sent an MP to Westminster, therefore doesn't vote, therefore has no influence on the make up of a potential Government? Sinn Fein refuses to take an oath to the reigning British monarch, an act that is required to take up a seat in Parliament, I don't see that changing any time soon, don't believe the right wing propaganda, BG.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
She just showed yet again how out of touch she is with the electorate by turning up and just talking to the emergency services on her first visit. I'm certain that those unfortunate people who list everything in the fire took far more from the visits by the Queen and Corbyn just because they talked to the survivors and listened to their stories and concerns.
The Tories need a leader that can contact with all.

Oct 25, 2003
I wonder whether any change of leader would benefit anybody other than Corbyn and Gerry Adams as seems a likely coalition. Certainly not the country in general and not the Tory party. Perhaps it would Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP.

Sinn Fein can't join a coalition as they don't take their seats and therefore don't have any voting power

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I never thought I would say this but I am starting to feel a bit sorry for her as she is so obviously stunned to the point of paralysis. The papers are turning on her, her Tory colleagues will be scenting blood and she won't be able to trust anyone. I don't think anyone can trust the quality of her judgement and I can't see how she can stay; if she was a boxer the fight would be stopped.
I suspect she may have even considered stepping down after the election result. However what would her legacy have been. A few months in office lurching from one disaster to another and probably making her the worst PM this country has seen. I'm sure in that scenario lots of us would stay to try and salvage something more positive to be remembered for but it appears she is incapable of finding anything

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably right but everyone is looking to blame her for everything because she just seems such a cold individual who seems to have no empathy whatsoever.
What? I've never had the feeling that she's cold or has no empathy. If you didn't vote for her, which Tory leaders have you voted for?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wonder whether any change of leader would benefit anybody other than Corbyn and Gerry Adams as seems a likely coalition.
:wozza:

Go back to sleep grandad

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If she goes, do we get Boris or Amber? Frying pan and fire spring to mind.

I saw something in the news recently which showed Boris's approval ratings as being well below May,Rudd, and even Hammond ! many in the party see him as a divisive figure and not fit to lead. I for one think he is a moron of the highest order thanks to previous actions and gaffes, then the lying and how he has conducted his personal life comes in to that too.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think one of the problems for the conservatives is the European question is still it's great faultline. After the referendum the eurosceptic wing seemed to have taken control , but now they seem very much on the defensive . If anything their hard brexit at all costs demands are the greatest barrier to a unifying candidate emerging. Just imagine the trouble any leader is going to have with no majority on the commons trying to knock the harshest edges off a brexit deal with the *******s lurking in the background

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Really ?

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for her. She was happy to put the boot into Jeremy Corbyn all through the Election Campaign when the papers were battering him and his own fellow labour MPs has side-lined him.

She is a ''Opportunist'' who followed Corporate Business and National Press in targeting what they thought was ''the weak'' Well they all misjudged many people and they are paying the price for it. You can only keep your foot on someones head when they are in the water for so long before they eventually start struggling and fighting back

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I suspect she may have even considered stepping down after the election result. However what would her legacy have been. A few months in office lurching from one disaster to another and probably making her the worst PM this country has seen. I'm sure in that scenario lots of us would stay to try and salvage something more positive to be remembered for but it appears she is incapable of finding anything

She would have had an opportunity to show some leadership and empathy with the Grenfell tower tragedy but, although I think some of the criticism of her role has been excessive, she just re-enforced the negative perceptions. I would expect to see Rudd or Hammond take over as an apparent safe pair of hands but the irony is that this was precisely how May was presented last Summer.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There'll be another election within a few months, I'm sure.

A coalition/confidence and supply deal between May and the DUP will be neither strong nor stable, May can't count on enough support from anywhere to run a minority government with any hope of passing anything and Corbyn doesn't have anywhere near enough seats to do so, even if he made any coalition agreements.

The only question in my mind is how soon we end up back at the polls.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Won't be Hammond after his robotic performance on Marr and now Peston, just repeating catchphrases and trying to distance himself from the election campaign. Also the fact they don't plan any Queens Speech next year is angering people too, they just go from one blunder to the next now.

If the Queens Speech gets thrown out on Wednesday could be an election before we kick off in the Premier League (still can't believe I'm typing that)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Won't be Hammond after his robotic performance on Marr and now Peston, just repeating catchphrases and trying to distance himself from the election campaign. Also the fact they don't plan any Queens Speech next year is angering people too, they just go from one blunder to the next now.

If the Queens Speech gets thrown out on Wednesday could be an election before we kick off in the Premier League (still can't believe I'm typing that)
"Box Office" Phil as he's known.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
She would have had an opportunity to show some leadership and empathy with the Grenfell tower tragedy but, although I think some of the criticism of her role has been excessive, she just re-enforced the negative perceptions. I would expect to see Rudd or Hammond take over as an apparent safe pair of hands but the irony is that this was precisely how May was presented last Summer.

I can't imagine Rudd would have any serious chance.

A sitting Prime Minister with a 350 majority in her own constituency? That's begging for electoral humiliation with your bowl out.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yet in his own mind, he won the election, as good at Maths as Diane Abbot :D

He doesn't think he won the election. He knows that May lost the election. As do we all. He's just trying to keep the momentum going. And he's succeeding.

Not sure about his maths, but his political ability is far better than May's.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There'll be another election within a few months, I'm sure.

A coalition/confidence and supply deal between May and the DUP will be neither strong nor stable, May can't count on enough support from anywhere to run a minority government with any hope of passing anything and Corbyn doesn't have anywhere near enough seats to do so, even if he made any coalition agreements.

The only question in my mind is how soon we end up back at the polls.

I think any new Election would wield a Labour Majority now. The last Election Corbyn just ran out of time, he only got 6 weeks . His Campaign got side-tracked again part way through when Campaigning stopped due to the two terror attacks. People didn't vote for him in masses because we were told he was ''Unelectable''. No one thinks that now.

I always knew he had the support needed but it was always about getting them out to vote. His Manifesto is out there and he can just sit back and keep the pressure on now and when the time comes, re-launch the very same Manifesto. His supporters are up for the fight. It's the Tory Voters who are not galvanised now.

He will still have a big fight on his hands because the Large Corporate Bodies fear his taxation Policies and the Press fear that he will bring in Legislation to make them more accountable but make no mistake. The people themselves the ordinary common man and woman in the street are warming to Corbyn and what he believes in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here