Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May Has 10 days.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I vote Tory and i would sit comfortable with another election,that won't happen but if it did i would imagine it would be when things have calmed down a little and be in the Autumn...

Tactical voters and Liberals would have a straight decision to make red or blue and i think May/Conservative will increase slightly,Labour too but not enough..

That said i predicted that Labour would be wiped off the map last time round-so what do i know-Corybn did fantastic,has some good ideas and policies and appealed to the people,but Labour as a whole? No thanks

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Is this the same Corbyn who you said "The experiment has failed"? Yes, thought so. Even die-hard Labour loons didn't think he was right a few months ago. You really couldn't make this shit up :lol:

It tkes time to galvanise the Masses in any country. Even Russia took 12 years between 1905 to 1917 for it to happen. Corbyn is in his ''infancy'' in real terms. The fact that he fought off all the people who knocked him at great personal cost shows that the guy truly does believe in social change.

I was never one of the ones who needed to be won over but the ones he did need to win over. It is gradually happening

larus

Helping the less well off in society is a ''bribe'' ?

I would say it's called ''social policy'' - And he would have delivered

And how would you propose that they balance the budget?

If you don't balance the budget over time, markets lose confidence in the government/county. The effect of this is to make government borrowing more expensive as the yields rise on gilts. The currency then takes a hit, which leads to inflation. Inflation leads to interest rate rises and this impacts the economy as well as the ability of people to pay their mortgages.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, no matter what Corbyn says. Eventually, a country must balance it's books over the long-term. It's easy to make 'give-away' promises on the election trail in opposition. It's much harder making tough decisions in government.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I suspect that the majority, including many in the Conservatives, do consider that she is cold and has no empathy which is strikingly odd from someone who purports to be a christian!

given background no empathy seems unlikely. the word we're looking for is stoic, she just doesnt show much.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I bet you were BOOING Chris Hughton at the end of the 2014/15 season

I saw him (then) like i still do and how i see Mrs May,professional a bit boring and knows what it's all about (not just what the fans want to hear-re Corbyn)

Ps- i know this was not aimed at me,just my two penneth

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I vote Tory and i would sit comfortable with another election,that won't happen but if it did i would imagine it would be when things have calmed down a little and be in the Autumn...

Tactical voters and Liberals would have a straight decision to make red or blue and i think May/Conservative will increase slightly,Labour too but not enough..

That said i predicted that Labour would be wiped off the map last time round-so what do i know-Corybn did fantastic,has some good ideas and policies and appealed to the people,but Labour as a whole? No thanks

Labour would win back Scotland if there was another Election now. They would get about 30 0r more extra seats there and that's before we even touch other parts of the country

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I believe there was a year in the Con/LD coalition government where there wasn't a Queen's Speech - 2011 maybe?

Correct, there was not one in May 2011 as there should have been based on the annual date from the last election

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
It tkes time to galvanise the Masses in any country. Even Russia took 12 years between 1905 to 1917 for it to happen. Corbyn is in his ''infancy'' in real terms. The fact that he fought off all the people who knocked him at great personal cost shows that the guy truly does believe in social change.

I was never one of the ones who needed to be won over but the ones he did need to win over. It is gradually happening

Let's hope for an easier time under Corbyn than those Ruskies got with Lenin .

http://necrometrics.com/20c5m.htm#RCW

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Labour would win back Scotland if there was another Election now. They would get about 30 0r more extra seats there and that's before we even touch other parts of the country

Why would that be? what has changed

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

If you don't balance the budget over time, markets lose confidence in the government/county. The effect of this is to make government borrowing more expensive as the yields rise on gilts. The currency then takes a hit, which leads to inflation. Inflation leads to interest rate rises and this impacts the economy as well as the ability of people to pay their mortgages.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, no matter what Corbyn says. Eventually, a country must balance it's books over the long-term. It's easy to make 'give-away' promises on the election trail in opposition. It's much harder making tough decisions in government.

Well I would rather feed a starving people using the Governments Credit Card with an Unlimited Max on it than for the poor in society doing with their own credit cards which are all maxed out.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Why would that be? what has changed

The last 2 Elections were Independence voters Voting against Labour for their part in the Referendum in 2014 when Gordon Brown wen up there and galvanised the people opposed to Independence

I feel that those people are getting over that now.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The last 2 Elections were Independence voters Voting against Labour for their part in the Referendum in 2014 when Gordon Brown wen up there and galvanised the people opposed to Independence

I feel that those people are getting over that now.

Fair comment-

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Really ?

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for her. She was happy to put the boot into Jeremy Corbyn all through the Election Campaign when the papers were battering him and his own fellow labour MPs has side-lined him.

She is a ''Opportunist'' who followed Corporate Business and National Press in targeting what they thought was ''the weak'' Well they all misjudged many people and they are paying the price for it. You can only keep your foot on someones head when they are in the water for so long before they eventually start struggling and fighting back

Actually I agree with all the points you have made which is why I have been surprised to feel anything but contempt for her and know that this is all of her own making. Any temporary feeling of sympathy will soon dissipate as she teams up with the DUP and starts trying to drum up the support of the Brexit Taliban.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Except making the 'tough choice' to 'cut our way to growth' hasn't balanced the budget in the slightest.

larus

Except making the 'tough choice' to 'cut our way to growth' hasn't balanced the budget in the slightest.

No, it's not balanced, but the annual deficit it a damned sight lower than when the coalition inherited the cluster-f*ck of an economy from the last Labour administration. I always said winning that was a poisoned chalice, as whichever party won would have to implement cuts, and opposing cuts is so easy. The politics of yah-boo. Making the decisions where to spend the resources is not so easy, and yes, the Tories have made mistakes, but so would a Labour administration.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder whether any change of leader would benefit anybody other than Corbyn and Gerry Adams as seems a likely coalition. .

Because the Irish terrorist, which to my mind he is, has reatedly said that if she does a deal with DUP he would assist Corbyn in bringing her down. I took this to mean tthey would that take their seats at Westminster, not that I think they should.be able to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well I would rather feed a starving people using the Governments Credit Card with an Unlimited Max on it than for the poor in society doing with their own credit cards which are all maxed out.

And the more you do that the more "poor" you create.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
As a tory voter it does seem to be a bit of a mess currently. Biggest problem I can see for May is just her personality. She doesn't have that gift some MPs have of being able to chat and speak to people without it sounding rehersed. But what she has done is exactly the same as all other leaders would of done in the circumstances. This should never of happened and it clearly was avoidable and there is clearly mistakes being made for a long period of time going back to the previousl labour government and now the ultimate price has been paid. I fully expect there to be some criminal charges brought about.
. Not sure who would replace her. Boris? David Davis? Neither would be ideal candidates. I would leave May in charge if I was a conservative MP and back her along with the DUP to get through what she needs to get through. Last thing right now a Tory MP especially those in close seats like Rudd are going to want is another election. I don't think there would be a labour majority but they would more than likely win more seats that they have now and I could see a labour coalition government rather than a conservative led one. I do t think that would go well long term either. Short term I think Corbyn will appeal to a lot of people but I'm not convinced in anyway he would actually make his pledges work on a economical level.
Personally I hope May gets her head down and carries on what she has started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here