Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May Has 10 days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Times is subscription only.

Anyway the Telegraph reports similar so I think there is truth in this.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't believe the headlines as they stand as they can't really afford to get rid for a while. I voted Tory last week (actually, I voted for a MP that I have nothing in common with, but voted for a Tory g'ment ... but I did waver a little in the booth). When we have to vote again, I don't know who I'd go for - May has been incompetent, but Labour is an awful option and it's not really worth voting for anyone else #conflicted.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't believe the headlines as they stand as they can't really afford to get rid for a while. I voted Tory last week (actually, I voted for a MP that I have nothing in common with, but voted for a Tory g'ment ... but I did waver a little in the booth). When we have to vote again, I don't know who I'd go for - May has been incompetent, but Labour is an awful option and it's not really worth voting for anyone else #conflicted.

Can't help thinking that if both those papers have got this then their brief has come from an influential part of the party. Suspect that a stalking horse is being prepared.

D

Deleted member 22389

All I keep reading is the response has been poor, and then going to blame May. I would like to know what exactly she needs to more off, because like everyone else she just can't make things magically happen. I read another article that people are getting £10 per day, understandably that is not enough but you just can't go around with a brief case handing out money, it all takes time to sort out.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
All I keep reading is the response has been poor, and then going to blame May. I would like to know what exactly she needs to more off, because like everyone else she just can't make things magically happen. I read another article that people are getting £10 per day, understandably that is not enough but you just can't go around with a brief case handing out money, it all takes time to sort out.
Probably right but everyone is looking to blame her for everything because she just seems such a cold individual who seems to have no empathy whatsoever. When you come across like that you will win very few friends and the knives will be out. Couple that with some of the disasterous decisions she has made and the outcome is hardly surprising

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
she just can't make things magically happen.

She can if she wants to. While some of the rhetoric has been OTT, she should have turned up on Thurs and said "that group of people of there in the blue jackets are your council housing, go and explain your situation, and they are there to help We may not be able to house you within the borough straight away, but will as soon as we can, if that's what you want. Those people in the red jackets are psychologists here to help you through what you have seen and heard. They are here to help you, please use them - and that goes for the emergency services too".

If she had done something like that, it would have been "leadership". She needs to remember that she works for us. The 600 or so sitting MPs are getting a billion pound refurb of the Commons, the 600 or so people from these flats need just a fraction of that - and that's where they LIVE..

Trouble is, unfortunately these people of generally poor, so nobody will listen to them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
She can if she wants to. While some of the rhetoric has been OTT, she should have turned up on Thurs and said "that group of people of there in the blue jackets are your council housing, go and explain your situation, and they are there to help We may not be able to house you within the borough straight away, but will as soon as we can, if that's what you want. Those people in the red jackets are psychologists here to help you through what you have seen and heard. They are here to help you, please use them - and that goes for the emergency services too".

If she had done something like that, it would have been "leadership". She needs to remember that she works for us. The 600 or so sitting MPs are getting a billion pound refurb of the Commons, the 600 or so people from these flats need just a fraction of that - and that's where they LIVE..

Trouble is, unfortunately these people of generally poor, so nobody will listen to them.

You mean she can do magic...MAYbe she has something after all
..on a serious note...i agree with the bit about thursday....but it almost seems dammed if she does dammed if she doesn't currently

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder whether any change of leader would benefit anybody other than Corbyn and Gerry Adams as seems a likely coalition. Certainly not the country in general and not the Tory party. Perhaps it would Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Probably right but everyone is looking to blame her for everything because she just seems such a cold individual who seems to have no empathy whatsoever. When you come across like that you will win very few friends and the knives will be out. Couple that with some of the disasterous decisions she has made and the outcome is hardly surprising

Exactly right!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here