Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Le Mans - 2017

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Surprised this has not surfaced on NSC.

Currently 14 hours to run and coverage on Eurosport1.h

Been watching on and off, what happened to the Toyota's?

Would love to see jaguar come back and get rid of the chicanes on the Mulsanne straight.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
467dbaaaf1d791567f12c3e984ea58b0.jpg

I've been at Le Mans since Thursday. Just woken up in a blisteringly hot tent with a blisteringly bad hangover after watching through til 4am. Can't tell you anything about it other than I think a Honda was winning and then Porsche was. Think it's time for the hair of the dog.... eugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been at Le Mans since Thursday. Just woken up in a blisteringly hot tent with a blisteringly bad hangover after watching through til 4am. Can't tell you anything about it other than I think a Honda was winning and then Porsche was. Think it's time for the hair of the dog.... eugh

Always fancied going to Le Mans.

Where about are you ?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Toyotas cars 7 & 9 both went out with mechanical failures. Car 7 at around 11pm and no idea about 9 as I was asleep but it was caused by a shunt. Porsche well clear now and just need to nurse car to the finish. Still 6 hours left so not a given, but hardly any LMP1 cars left running.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
We're in the Houx Annexe campsite. About 10 mins walk from the grandstands. It's an amazing event and a really good laugh. A mini invasion of brits with a good showing of other nationalities. And everyone speaking the international language of beer. This is my second year coming and will definitely be here next year. Looking forward to seeing the BMW works team with the new 8 Series. Although I think my fav cars here are the Ford GTs

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Good work. Afraid the weather will be unrelenting on a hangover so i would I'd always have a huge bottlee of water to hand:cheers:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Hangover in a hot tent, far from home and little sleep. Doesn't get more painful than that

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I would imagine the Old Bill are waiting outside the eurostar terminal in Ashford and the gates of various ports to welcome all Brit Le Mans followers back into the country with a quick breathalyser test!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not for me but...

I was channel hopping Thurs (?) and landed on qualifying just as bloke in the Toyota started his record setting quick lap.
Being a PlayStation Grand Turismo of old, the lap, on board footage, and esp the Eurosport co-commentators description was absolutely thrilling.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I would imagine the Old Bill are waiting outside the eurostar terminal in Ashford and the gates of various ports to welcome all Brit Le Mans followers back into the country with a quick breathalyser test!!

Yeah, a lot of people head straight off after the race. Fair enough if they need to, but we stay another night to avoid the traffic and sober up. Right now, pizza and beer is working miracles on the hangover. The noise of the engines on the other hand is rattling the skull.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Yeah, a lot of people head straight off after the race. Fair enough if they need to, but we stay another night to avoid the traffic and sober up. Right now, pizza and beer is working miracles on the hangover. The noise of the engines on the other hand is rattling the skull.

Is there food and beer to buy at the campsite / course or is it best to take your own? Always wanted to go but never managed to plan it

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Is there food and beer to buy at the campsite / course or is it best to take your own? Always wanted to go but never managed to plan it

There is beer and a good selection of food available at the track but it's pricey. Beer is 8 Euros a pint (plus 1 euro for a reusable cup). For most of the times when eating/drinking at the campsite your best bet is to load up at the massive carrefour supermarket in town (5 mins drive from track or 15 mins tram journey).

Went in 2010. Absolutely awesome event. Did not sleep much. The campsite resembled aleppo by Monday morning.

Complete mayhem as people decide to burn their possessions at the end of the race.

Bloody marvellous event. We are doing Austrian Grand Prix this year and pencilled in French GP next year( if it happens).

Planning Le Mans in 2019.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

There is now a bit of history being made

As the LMP1 Porsche has officially retired there is an LMP2 car leading for the first time ever.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Went in 2010. Absolutely awesome event. Did not sleep much. The campsite resembled aleppo by Monday morning.

Complete mayhem as people decide to burn their possessions at the end of the race.

Bloody marvellous event. We are doing Austrian Grand Prix this year and pencilled in French GP next year( if it happens).

Planning Le Mans in 2019.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Haha! You're right about the campsite on the Monday. I didn't see any burning last year but the number of fridges and fridge freezers left standing like monuments is amazing. I guess people must buy them from gumtree etc which the knowledge they'll be left at Le Mans. From what I hear, the local gypsies pass through the campsite and pick up anything worth having when the campsite empties. The beer bottle pyramids are amazing too!

60db5c8fc4e58c51e6d6f625d96ccec9.png

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
There is now a bit of history being made

As the LMP1 Porsche has officially retired there is an LMP2 car leading for the first time ever.

It's Jackie Chan's team. Hope they do it but the number 2 Porsche could catch up. Less than 3 hours to go....

It's Jackie Chan's team. Hope they do it but the number 2 Porsche could catch up. Less than 3 hours to go....

Yeah some guy on Eurosport reckons it will be extremely close by the end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here