Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever played a prank on a work colleague?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Whilst working on a farm just outside of Mackay, QLD, Australia i came across a dead brown snake (very very very poisonous) so i removed the head with a shovel and placed the remainder in a colleagues locker up against the door so it fell out as they opened the door. (Reason for removing head is because fangs still contain venom and can still pierce the skin without force).

They were far from pleased and got me back by putting a whole bottle of red food colouring in each of my wellington boots, i only noticed this when i took them off it had stained by socks and lower legs.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Two of us at work are always playing crappy pranks on each other. Last year just before Christmas I ramped it up somewhat by stapling about 120 plastic cups together, placing them on her desk and filling them up with water.

Yep, she was less than amused. Water went everywhere as she tried firstly to lift them all together, in a variety of ways, and then as she tried to pull them apart from each other one by one.

Did get myself in a little trouble - just a verbal warning for my leader as to professionalism and wasting company property.

I did also superglue her mobile to the ceiling. Again it was not appreciated and Maintenance had to come out to remove the ceiling tile, take the phone off and put the tile back up.

The worst she done was cut a large lump of hair off my head. Yes I had a bald spot for the rest of the day, before shaving my head that evening.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When serving on the Ark Royal we had a young lad join our mess, first time on a ship, and to say he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed was an understatement.
He joined about 3 days before we sailed for Australia, an 8 month deployment,so had never been to sea before. Each bunk had a small light for reading etc, and curtains round each bunk for privacy. Talking in the mess one evening, someone said as a joke, we will be getting our bunk light bills soon, awhats that? asked our hero, oh, says I, we have to pay for the electric our bunk lights use, we get the bill every 3 months. He went mental, said he'd never heard of such a thing etc and that he wasn't going to use his , anymore.
After that, every time anyone walked past his bunk they would turn on his light, if he wasn't there, e would get to his bunk space , and throw a wobbly, saying it must be at fault as he had definitely turned it off.

After 3 months, as Leading hand of the mess,I got a bunk light bill mocked up, where his bill was about four times what everyone else's was, he took it so badly, he put in a request to see the Captain, to state a complaint. He was then told by the Master at Arms that he was having his leg pulled, and to be fair, he took it really well.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
empted the hole punch pieces into bosses brolly and rolled it up again - then they went to lunch and it began to rain - confetti head in the middle of Queens Road :lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Several

As a butcher in a large supermarket in Haslemere
1: Other staff members (cashiers or shelf stackers) usually ladies would came in with their umbrellas I would take them outta the staff room and put them in the giant freezer opened up, I also popped the occasional coat in the freezer.
2: As I was leaving I would take other colleagues knives and stick them in a bucket full of water and pop them in the freezer so they would be frozen solid in the morning.
3: Slide off meat under the toilet doors in the staff toilets when someone was taking a dump.

As a Floorlayer

I was working on a school with other trades and this scouse prat carpenter kept calling me a weirdo (my large quiff and shaved head at the sides did that) and he was really pissing me off. we were on site for weeks and on the last day as we were leaving I noticed he had left his tool bag open and I poured F60 contact adhesive into his bag zipped it up and with a brush painted the adhesive along the zip and over the handles.....

We could hear his screams as we drove away....

There are more but I cant remember them all

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Two of us at work are always playing crappy pranks on each other. Last year just before Christmas I ramped it up somewhat by stapling about 120 plastic cups together, placing them on her desk and filling them up with water.

Yep, she was less than amused. Water went everywhere as she tried firstly to lift them all together, in a variety of ways, and then as she tried to pull them apart from each other one by one.

Did get myself in a little trouble - just a verbal warning for my leader as to professionalism and wasting company property.

I did also superglue her mobile to the ceiling. Again it was not appreciated and Maintenance had to come out to remove the ceiling tile, take the phone off and put the tile back up.

The worst she done was cut a large lump of hair off my head. Yes I had a bald spot for the rest of the day, before shaving my head that evening.

I find ****ing them generally stops the weird sexual tension

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We altered the male toilet on one floor, using the coin trick, from the outside from vacant to engaged. The resident dick on that floor kept trying to use it, for some considerable time, returning again and again, desparate. This went on into the early evening until he cottoned on. Just five seconds away all along were other male toilets on another floor, but this plank was stubborn.

25 years ago, we used laxatives in tea, on a thoroughly unpleasant aggressive colleague and it worked. (When similar incidents have been mentioned by others on NSC before, NSC's very own Barrack Room Lawyers get hot under the collar :facepalm:).

Wound the cord to a landline phone round and round the hole in a desk that'd designed for computer cabling. The victim took a call, with an inch of spare cord, having to lay his head on the desk sideways.

Before the internet in about 1990, there was a premium telephone number where you spoke to an angry 'person', which contained prerecorded answers from an increasingly irate anonymous person at the other end. The louder or more irate you got, the automated answers did too. Quite clever for the era. We put a call through to someone, who didn't cotton on and got involved in very long argument with not a real person.

Last edited:

Rafa Benitez

Jun 14, 2017
I had my scouting team travel the world preparing a list of possible transfer targets for this summer. I sent my commander in chief Graham Carr to watch Tom Tomsk FC play in Siberia five times in five months to take a look at Ruslan Salakhutdinov and he compiled a 349 page dossier on him and other players. When he laid it on my desk a few weeks ago I let out a small chuckle, and pointed him to NSC for my list of transfer targets.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Many moons ago we worked on site with a gobby 18 year old who knew everything . One day he was using the Portaloo for a number 2 . The Digger driver pushed his bucket against the door to wedge it shut ,whilst i dropped a well shaken Can of Coke down the air vent . The sight of the carnage was funny at the time ,15 years later i now know [excuse the pun ] it was a sh1tty thing to do.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Many years ago in site we had the bosses son working with us and we told him the release oil (used on shutters to make sure they didn't stick to concrete ) was a great suntan lotion
He then poured it all over himself and basically fried himself over the course of the day

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Also used laxatives on the pub landlords dog
Once we printed up about 60 party invites to a party we were supposedly having and invited everyone saying
It's a lads party so everyone went over to this little village hall where there were 30 old ladies having a whist drive

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Back in the 80s used to work in an office. There were five of us on a bank of desks and before we started work we would go through one of the papers bingo numbers. They used to periodically print a load of bingo cards, about 50 days worth at a time. One day I photo copied a colleagues bingo card and a few days later, I got the paper and was going to read out the numbers for everyone to check off their card. However, I read off the numbers from the photocopy instead and the girl leapt up screaming she had one £40,000!!!! She eventually saw the funny side!

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
8 years in the Royal Navy!! Every day is prank day....Early 80's I was on HMS Gurkha. We had a splash target that we could tow behind the ship and aircraft could use it as target practice. It was towed a good distance away from the ship, about a mile or so I would guess.

One particularly gullible young lad was persuaded to put in a request form (you put in a request form in for everything in the Navy, even to grow a beard and another if you want to shave it off) to become 'Splash Target Bosun'...A request of this sort means you have to go before the Skipper for approval, the Skipper was in on it too....the request was duly granted. Young lad was dressed in a wet suit and given a snorkel and mask and actually got as far as sitting astride the Splash Target before he realised it was a wind up...perhaps that fact that half the ships company were on the flight deck taking pics gave it away.....:rotlf:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Could go on forever. Usually the newbies or apprentices that get the worst of it. Have left post its on desks for my colleagues to return calls to the following names and places and I swear they fell for it in each case;

Mr C Lion at Brighton Sea Life Centre
Carrie Oakie at a music shop
Liz Ard at a pet shop
Roy Hodgson at the FA (we had an American new kid who didn't have the first clue about football)
Al Bino
Betty Swallocks

Also concocted a plan with another lad where we would go into the warehouse and tape him up in a giant cardboard box. I would then go up to the office and tell another chap that a delivery had just come in for him - in a giant cardboard box. Then the lad in the box would jump out and scare the shite out of the third fella. So we go downstairs and I have taped this lad into the box, told him to be quiet so not to give the game away. Then left him there. For the rest of the day.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Elderly colleague had a habit of sleeping at his desk on a friday afternoon. Big open plan office of a well known local insurer. One winter it was dark around 4.00 so we wound the clock on to 7.00 and all gradually left the room to leave him on his own and turned most of the lights out. We then phoned his extension to wake him up.
Had him going for a while until he checked the temperature of his coffee. Ah well, good while it lasted.

Could go on forever. Usually the newbies or apprentices that get the worst of it. Have left post its on desks for my colleagues to return calls to the following names and places and I swear they fell for it in each case;

Mr C Lion at Brighton Sea Life Centre
Carrie Oakie at a music shop
Liz Ard at a pet shop
Roy Hodgson at the FA (we had an American new kid who didn't have the first clue about football)
Al Bino
Betty Swallocks.

This is gold. My favourite was back in the day of the booze cruise to Dieppe we got information to put out an announcement for our missing friend Hugh G Rection, the French accent it was announced in was the cherry on the cake

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you're a police officer, your notebook is a legal document that you can be compelled to produce in court. Every page is numbered, and if pages are found to be missing, then questions will be asked.

The unwritten rule is, never, ever leave your notebook lying around unattended, as you can guarantee that somebody will find it and draw a cock & balls in it. Ideally, several pages onwards from where it was last written in, and thus the unsuspecting owner doesn't discover said cock & balls until a few weeks later, usually when you're stood next to some little old lady, writing down her details after she's had a minor shunt with another car, or lost her handbag....

Even better when you have to produce a copy of your notes for court, and there's an unmistakeable phallic outline visible beneath your carefully scribed observations :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here