Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corbyn' s at it again !

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
No idea what you mean when you say easy (illegal) answers. It's a general opinion about the risks of government. If you're talking about Tories within a 10 mile radius then I'd simply ask people to watch and listen to the last question in this interview and draw their own conclusions,

https://www.channel4.com/news/interview-nick-paget-brown-leader-of-kensington-and-chelsea-council

I despair of this country sometimes. A ####ing smouldering building with many dead people inside in the back drop and Snow tries to pin a guy to guarantees on camera. FFS.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/15/presenter-jon-snow-confronted-angry-mob-grenfell-tower-coverage/

Just so long as some #### can score a point eh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No idea what you mean when you say easy (illegal) answers. It's a general opinion about the risks of government. If you're talking about Tories within a 10 mile radius then I'd simply ask people to watch and listen to the last question in this interview and draw their own conclusions,

https://www.channel4.com/news/interview-nick-paget-brown-leader-of-kensington-and-chelsea-council

I mean requisitioning property is probably/almost certainly illegal.

Poor old Jon Snow. I'd rather draw conclusions after a thorough independent investigation.

CFAHB

Jun 1, 2017
If I owned a multi-million pound property in Kensington, why on earth would I care about a few quid on council tax? Why would I register? It would be more hassle than it's worth.
You said how can you find the long term unused propties are known to the council by the surcharge mechanism.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I quite agre, Sir Albion, the political will isn't there to take on multi-nationals, hedge funds, or people investing in propert to the detriment of actual citizens of this country.
The British people don't have the will to do anything these days.We all know where all the money goes and we're stuck with politicians who have no idea what it's like to see every penny sucked away because of greeedy corporate buffoons and shareholders who want more.When you get huge giants like EON (German)and Chinese investors owning 10% of Thames water etc then you know that everything is being drained from from this country in super fast time.How many British companies are tapping into foreign countries?very little I'd say as no money is coming in but 10's of billions are leaving our shores monthly.

Very very bad state indeed :(

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I mean requisitioning property is probably/almost certainly illegal.

Poor old Jon Snow. I'd rather draw conclusions after a thorough independent investigation.

It wasnt during the war, an emergency act of Parliament could be passed with the goodwill of all political parties, if there was the will

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing can be done as wether people live in them or not its irrelevant.This country's politicians are only interested in foreign investment and selling everything off and nothing has changed in decades and that's why the people at the bottom fight for the scraps in our society.Money is more important than lives now and even though we may get told otherwise we all know everything revolves around the big buck.

MMMmmm . . . what politicians do ? . . . . I think it revolves around the vote (this is getting somewhat OT). If a government becomes a serial cock-about, they run the risk of being replaced, even by something that many might regard as high risk 'idealist'. You know what I'm talking about . . . . it is a telling day when a vague suggestion by Corbyn gains traction with lifelong tory voters . . . . just responding to your comments about politics, not wishing to score poliical points (which is a meaningless concept in any case).... we are not disenfrachised, which seems to be what you are suggesting.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is a national disaster why is it being left to local people organising the relief where is the Army why are they not building temporary accommodation on any spare ground in the bourough of Kensington why is the Government doing nothing other than a public enquire which will kick the whole issue into the long grass, the Governments austerity has caused this disaster outsourcing the managment of the council stock of property is a direct result of cost cutting the Priminister should take the ultimate responsibility and resign

managment is by a Tenant Management Organisation, KCTMO, set up in 1996 to run Kensington and Chelsea council's housing stock. the TMO board has tenants, council appointed members and independent members, run as a not for profit to manage and maintain the buildings. in the past two years it had a £8.6 (or £10m?) refurbishment. there was a call for a inquiry and a public inquiry has been announced, you wont change anything in the future without a proper investigation to identify the causes and failings.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
This time he wants to take away any vacant legally owned property in Kensington and rehouse the people caught in that terrible fire.

I feel as sorry as everyone else does about that tragedy but stealing other people's property is clearly not the answer.

Corbyn really is a Marxist lowlife. Embarrassing how close we came to this moron gaining power

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Who? WTF does that mean?

Just been reading the thread, no idea who she is.

Then you didn't watch the clip you claimed to have watched because it was an interview with Nick Paget-Brown the leader of the local Tory council who outsourced the management of the building.

At 1.15 Snow says "disaster of catastrophic proportions.....it's clearly man made". The interviewee replies "I'm afraid that is correct".

Snow then asks for a guarantee that the building won't be replaced by housing for rich people. Padget-Brown has the option to say "No it won't and I think that's disgusting given it's still burning". Instead he alludes to that briefly before talking about the money spent on the refurb while admitting that the refurbishment accelerated the fire, before back tracking to say "appears". Not sure the journo's at fault there.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
This time he wants to take away any vacant legally owned property in Kensington and rehouse the people caught in that terrible fire.

I feel as sorry as everyone else does about that tragedy but stealing other people's property is clearly not the answer.

Corbyn really is a Marxist lowlife. Embarrassing how close we came to this moron gaining power

He is a communist.

And using this tradegy to seek popularity is just sick

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
If I owned a multi-million pound property in Kensington, why on earth would I care about a few quid on council tax? Why would I register? It would be more hassle than it's worth.

If I had a multi million pound property that was empty....I would employ a live in house keeper and its no longer empty, I'm sure the cost would not matter if you can afford a second multi million pound home.

Requisitioning is not really viable unless the houses are totally empty, many houses will have personal possessions in.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It wasnt during the war, an emergency act of Parliament could be passed with the goodwill of all political parties, if there was the will

How long would that take? Is it even needed? Hands up who knows if all the people displaced haven't already been offered temporary accommodation?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Regardless of one's political leanings, the extent of foreign ownership of property in the UK, especially London (and within that Kensington being particularly attractive) is scary.

Many of these properties are vacant, simply because the owners, who are frequently nameplate companies registered in tax havens, use them as a store of wealth, rather than as a dwelling.

Take a look at the Private Eye map of foreign ownership, note the prices of the properties, and ask yourself how did we let this happen?

https://suemarcar.carto.com/viz/9fc804fa-4b6b-11e5-a73d-0e0c41326911/embed_map
Checked out a couple around my way and they were both Co-op's

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Then you didn't watch the clip you claimed to have watched because it was an interview with Nick Paget-Brown the leader of the local Tory council who outsourced the management of the building.

At 1.15 Snow says "disaster of catastrophic proportions.....it's clearly man made". The interviewee replies "I'm afraid that is correct".

Snow then asks for a guarantee that the building won't be replaced by housing for rich people. Padget-Brown has the option to say "No it won't and I think that's disgusting given it's still burning". Instead he alludes to that briefly before talking about the money spent on the refurb while admitting that the refurbishment accelerated the fire, before back tracking to say "appears". Not sure the journo's at fault there.

Watched the last bit as instructed. I simply feel that with emotions high now is not the time. I just feel people are becoming political pawns in this. Seriously, for the immediate short term I would accomodate a couple.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I'd pop along to the estate right now and start saying that out loud and see how far you get.

Say what exactly?

That Labour and their supporters (Lily Allen etc) are using this horrible disaster to improve their popularity and use it to attack their political opponents?

You certain that is not happening?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here