Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corbyn' s at it again !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Probably safe to guess that the OP is a Daily Mail (or one of its ilk) reader, given that the rag with that name (owned by a billionaire who likely has many empty homes to his name...) has done its best to spin Corbyn's suggestion out of control.

Indeed.

Saw some excellent response to the Daily Mail's 'HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN' front page, yesterday.

"Ooh I know this one. Is it because you constantly rage about how 'red tape' and 'health and safety' are destroying business?"

"Is it because people like your owners register overseas to avoid paying the taxes we could use for better social housing or fire services?"

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Indeed.

Saw some excellent response to the Daily Mail's 'HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN' front page, yesterday.

"Ooh I know this one. Is it because you constantly rage about how 'red tape' and 'health and safety' are destroying business?"

"Is it because people like your owners register overseas to avoid paying the taxes we could use for better social housing or fire services?"

No point in the fielders reacting to that one, it's gone clean over the pavilion.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Indeed.

This was my favourite...

I know it's a bit early in the morning for a rant but this one can't be helped.

The Daily Mail asking how this could happen. Seriously?!

It could happen because papers, especially the Daily Mail, demonise and dehumanise people like the residents of this tower so the better off in society don't give their wellbeing a second thought.

It could happen because papers, especially the Daily Mail, have supported the Government of the last seven years in round after round of devastating funding cuts to local authorities meaning that the repair and refurbishment work being carried out isn't to the standard it should be.

It could happen because papers, especially the Daily Mail, have thought it perfectly acceptable to freeze the pay of the people who are supposed to rescue victims in these situations. Fire stations are being closed, A&Es are on the point of collapse. Instead of working a maximum of three hours to save those trapped our fire fighters were putting in 12 hour shifts yesterday and there was no extra cover available to relieve them.

Did it never cross the minds of the editors that if you tell the country not to give a **** about poor people, ensure that local authorities have so little cash that the safety of their residents will be compromised, and underfund our emergency services to the minimum needed to function that maybe, just maybe, something like this was a possibility?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Saw this earlier:
19145927_1857855157799756_1235611517794927387_n.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Saw this earlier:

i wonder if the author understands the meaning of the word "requisitioned" and its synonyms. not one to defend the Mail, but he's clearly is suggesting property in the local borough should be seized (requisitioned) for housing others.

and you know we do need to address that issue of housing. but it wont help those residents this week.

Last edited:

This time he wants to take away any vacant legally owned property in Kensington and rehouse the people caught in that terrible fire.

I feel as sorry as everyone else does about that tragedy but stealing other people's property is clearly not the answer.

Corbyn really is a Marxist lowlife. Embarrassing how close we came to this moron gaining power

Tide really has gone out on the politics of selfishness that people like you exemplify. We'll be a much better country for it

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tide really has gone out on the politics of selfishness that people like you exemplify. We'll be a much better country for it

Or is it the haves and have nots, whereby the have nots cannot stomach successful people? Just wondering like.

Liberal: *through sobs* you can't just say everything is nationalised.... Please....
Corbyn: *points at seagull flying past* nationalised

HT [MENTION=17669]alice[/MENTION]Avizandum

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
1. Where do you draw the line between ones you can snag and those you can't?
2. How do you check/know if the owners are returning tomorrow or next week?
3. Do you think millionaire property speculators would register their property as unoccupied if it meant there was a chance that almost anyone could be moved into it whilst they are away?
4. What do you do with all the possessions in the house, including expensive electronics, art, jewellery and personal items with high sentimental value?
5. Who insures the property, and the contents whilst it's being lived in by someone else?

I think the following would apply;

1. Properties empty longer than a year. Most Councils have an officer checking on empty properties
2. Asking for proof of returning/selling/renting
3. Checks on register of electors and or using the empty property officers records
4. To begin with only use unfurnished properties. If necessary equipment could be put into storage at the Councils cost.
5. Insurance of building should be Councils responsibility. Contents should be the Tenants.

Of course all of this would put extra expense on to the Council but keeping displaced and possibly traumatised people in the locality would surely help.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
You call it Marxist lowlife - I just see it as humanity and compassion. None of us who weren't there can have any idea of the horror that people have had to endure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only agree with you, the shock is followed by grief and then anger,its well documented and many I have seen on my television screen being interviewed or led by the media are clearly extremely traumatised and should not be exposed to the full glare of the media, this is adding to their anxiety. However, from the pont that news filtered through on this dreadful tragedy, Corbyn was after scoring political points, it needs more money was the first, then its the governments fault, cuts ahd affected the response etc, etc. He got away with doing the same on the recent Borough Market tragedy but should be bought to book over incorrect, personal and down right lies on issues. He is an undisputed Marxist and although it may be unpleasant for those who voted for him to hear, that is a fact.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I can only agree with you, the shock is followed by grief and then anger,its well documented and many I have seen on my television screen being interviewed or led by the media are clearly extremely traumatised and should not be exposed to the full glare of the media, this is adding to their anxiety. However, from the pont that news filtered through on this dreadful tragedy, Corbyn was after scoring political points, it needs more money was the first, then its the governments fault, cuts ahd affected the response etc, etc. He got away with doing the same on the recent Borough Market tragedy but should be bought to book over incorrect, personal and down right lies on issues. He is an undisputed Marxist and although it may be unpleasant for those who voted for him to hear, that is a fact.

He shouldn't be confused with McDonnell.

Corbyn was asked directly whether he was a Marxist but replied that he was a great observer (not a do-er) and someone everyone can learn something from.

I'd have to agree to a certain extent as would the many economists in the city who were reading up trying to understand the financial collapse.

Corbyn is just honest I'm afraid - he doesn't know whether he is.

I know I'm not - but I am of the believe that societies tend to be a bit happy if they're aren't huge disparities of wealth AND opportunity.

There isn't enough to go round - so those who have loads should give more back.

Corbyn was asked directly whether he was a Marxist but replied that he was a great observer (not a do-er) and someone everyone can learn something from.

I'd have to agree to a certain extent as would the many economists in the city who were reading up trying to understand the financial collapse.

I know I'm not - but I am of the believe that societies tend to be a bit happy if they're aren't huge disparities of wealth AND opportunity.

Both Corbyn and McDonnell are left social democrats. The "marxist" stuff is just the debating equivalent of a baby shitting its nappy

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Got no issues with those who have so much more paying so much in, its long overdue and needs to happen. Regarding his honesty, I have serious doubts with no longer being a Marxist as the naswer to the question should have been no. Never mind I would never have given him as being a rap fan now that I see he will be appearing at Glastonbury . Corbyns only answer to problems is to throw more money at them and its not his money, I struggle to take him seriously and am astonished that so many people have bought into him given his inability to cost or remember costings for his utopian policies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here