Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our complete list of transfer targets

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
IF we dont get a couple of "young loaners" or players in like Abraham and Gomez for example by the time the window shuts, there could be 1 or 2 players that really should make the 25 man squad being left out...

The likes of Goldson/BFG and Skalak would come under serious threat in my opinion.
Yes, good point. I think it's currently going to be Skalak or Murphy in the squad, not both, but getting an U21 like Ollie Burke could mean they both make the cut.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes, good point. I think it's currently going to be Skalak or Murphy in the squad, not both, but getting an U21 like Ollie Burke could mean they both make the cut.

Indeed, I have not looked at how many players we currently have signed on that count towrds the 25 but add another forward, centre mid, fullback and 3rd Keeper and things will be getting very tight i am sure number wise.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who will make the Cut?

Indeed, I have not looked at how many players we currently have signed on that count towrds the 25 but add another forward, centre mid, fullback and 3rd Keeper and things will be getting very tight i am sure number wise.

Numbers:

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Knockaert Stephens Kayal Groß
Baldock Murray

Mäenpää
Rosenoir Hünemeier Goldson NewSigning
Murphy Norwood Sidwell March
Forward(new) Hemed

Skalák Lualua Ince

Towell, Hunt, Walton

Manu

We can sign a left back and a striker, and then somebody will have to depart to make way for a third keeper, midfielder, centre back.
Midfielder and Ince is logical.
Centre back and Goldson is most likely on loan.
Third keeper and one of our surplus wingers is most likely or Norwood.

Last edited:

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Numbers:

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Baldock Murray

Mäenpää
Forward(new) Hemed

Skalák Lualua Ince

Towell, Hunt, Walton

Manu

We can sign a left back and a striker, and then somebody will have to depart to make way for a third keeper, midfielder, centre back.

Didn't Towell just get a contract extension. Why would we do that if we were going to leave him out of the 25?
Is it just so he can play in cup games so we don't overplay the main squad members?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Didn't Towell just get a contract extension. Why would we do that if we were going to leave him out of the 25?
Is it just so he can play in cup games so we don't overplay the main squad members?

I think it is intended for him to go out on loan. He is rated by CH apparently.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've been told by the club that Towell is going out on loan for a year to the Championship.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So who do we have that does not count towards the 25 ?

March.... is that it ?
Nobody outside the Dev Squad.

March is too old. Even Walton misses the cut by 2 months.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Numbers:

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Baldock Murray

Mäenpää
Forward(new) Hemed

Skalák Lualua Ince

Towell, Hunt, Walton

Manu

I'd be surprised if Ince or Lua Lua make the 25 leaving room for four new players plus additional If Norwood is sold which the argus hinted at.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Waiting game. Top clubs buy £30 million players leaving over 21 year old players are never going to make the cut in the top 6 teams. The younger departing players might be on only £10K a week.

That is the way it has always been. Prices have just gone up with inflation or more than inflation.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd be surprised if Ince or Lua Lua make the 25 leaving room for four new players plus additional If Norwood is sold which the argus hinted at.

I should not have put Skalák, Lualua, Ince, Norwood in bold print.

We have to sign a left back, regardless. All the others are to be improvements.

I would like us to sign a left-sided defensive midfielder who can double up as left back if needs must. It would help if he could take more than a half decent corner as well.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Still think Skalak may have a part to play. Now you have written the names down it makes me realise how much work is needed to strengthen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still think Skalak may have a part to play. Now you have written the names down it makes me realise how much work is needed to strengthen.

Ince and Kaz are gone.

Leaving 4 spaces to fill on the current squad.
5 places if the club gets the offer for Norwood they asked for all before anyone else is 'off loaded'.

Begging the questions:-

'Why are posters so keen to offload contracted players?'
&
'Why are posters concerned by the lack of experience in a squad still 5 players short of 25?'

Skalak deserves his chance like everybody else.
Some will sink, some will swim.
We can pretty much guarantee the sinkers will be cut as we progress through each window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1. Ryan
2. Bruno
3. Rosenior
4. Bong
5. Duffy
6. Dunk
7. Hunemeier
8. Goldson
9. Stephens
10. Groß
11. Kayal
12. Sidwell
13. Knockaert
14. March
15. Murray
16. Baldock
17. Hemed
18. Skalak
19. Murphy

6 spaces remain for over 21s. After that 1 of Murphy or Skalak misses the cut etc.

2 GK, 2 Strikers, 1 left back, 1 winger, 1 or 2 central midfielders, maybe a 9th defender needed.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

You could look it another way, Once our left back missing is rectified.

What are our weaknesses and where could we improve?

1) no exceptional pace up front to worry the opposition (although our breakaway record was good last season)
2) inadequate pace in defence to stop jet heeled strikers
3) only average Championship record for scoring from set pieces and poor from corners (this may be an anomaly for corners as we weren't bad the season before)
4) poor scoring record from central midfield, (abysmal if compared to Fulham)
5) nothing special about our ball retention (possession football is the best form of defence) especially when managing single goal leads

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What are our weaknesses and where could we improve?

1) no exceptional pace up front to worry the opposition (although our breakaway record was good last season)
2) inadequate pace in defence to stop jet heeled strikers
3) only average Championship record for scoring from set pieces and poor from corners (this may be an anomaly for corners as we weren't bad the season before)
4) poor scoring record from central midfield, (abysmal if compared to Fulham)
5) nothing special about our ball retention (possession football is the best form of defence) especially when managing single goal leads

I agree with all of that.

(Has someone hacked your account?)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watford now in advanced talks to sign Will Hughes for 8 million according to BBC Sport. We didn't want him anyway did we? :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here