Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our complete list of transfer targets

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I'd say that as we have the similar positioned Groß and Fulham have apparently turned down £20m, I'd say the 3/10 for Cairney VERY generous!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
HMMM...there's a Pilchard type smell to this one...

What makes you say that? I'd have thought he'd be happy enough to join Huddersfield, assuming they offer him the salary he wants. Close to home (I guess!), knows the manager & plenty of the players, was a huge success last time round...Wwy wouldn't he?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What makes you say that? I'd have thought he'd be happy enough to join Huddersfield, assuming they offer him the salary he wants. Close to home (I guess!), knows the manager & plenty of the players, was a huge success last time round...Wwy wouldn't he?

The moment the Terriers won promotion to the Premier League, our hopes of signing him evaporated. Why would he want to leave one team that had been promoted, to play for another?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Ryan and Troisi will sign after the confederations cup, Troisi isn't the calibre I want us to be signing.

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
Most of us in Oz rate the A-League as somewhere between bottom half Championship and top half League 1. As with teams playing at that level in England, the better players (like Mooy, Rogic, Ryan et al) are certainly capable of playing at a higher level.

Troisi is a very good player at A-League level although not as consistently brilliant as Mooy was in his final season before moving to Hudds. He's also 28 so probably about as good as he's ever going to get.

He would at least be cheap (free agent) and his sort of play probably suits the EPL rather than the Championship. With decent players around him he could probably do a job but I doubt he'd be in your first XI. Not straight away.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Stranger things have happened, remember our keeper chose to join Birmingham in the 2nd division.

Isn't that because we'd only offer him a 1 year contract and he'd not be the automatic first choice keeper?

Oh of course, how could I forget, Harry Redknapp would be the clincher

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'd just got round to thinking that Mooy wasn't that good anyway and wasn't what we needed, and then read that so now have my hopes up again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

All of this.

However, as much as I rate him (and I do), do we need to fork out £8m -£10m on someone only equivalent to what we already have. £5m-£6m then 'yes'.

Always reminds me of Neil McNab but goes forward more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Slightly O/T but how many non-EU players are we allowed to play or does that not matter?

I think it used to be two, which at the moment would be Bong and ?Ryan.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Slightly O/T but how many non-EU players are we allowed to play or does that not matter?

I think it used to be two, which at the moment would be Bong and ?Ryan.

The only rules are

Max 25 players over 21
8 of these have to be "home grown"

A homegrown player, as defined by the Premier League, is a player who: (a) is 21 or older on January 1 of the year in which that season begins and (b) spent 36 months between the ages of 16 and 21 with a team in the English league system.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here