Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our complete list of transfer targets

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Didn't fancy including Stewart Downing (apparently interested) and Coventry midfielder George Thomas (although looks like he's going to Swansea) I think both are just paper talk.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
THURSDAY - ON OUR RADAR - Window closes in 63 DAYS time...

Left Backs/Centre Backs

Joe Gomez -Clearly our #1 LB/Defensive target. Hughton has even gone on record to confirm which HARDLY EVER HAPPENs. "We've registered our interest and i'd like think we're in the running" says CH. The Mirror jumped the gun yesterday (Weds) and said he'd signed but looks like Klopp wants another look pre-season before letting him go. 8/10
http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...2948-Joe-Gomez

Markus Suttner - Keen and reports indicate he (and agent) wants to come to the hallowed Prem League but the Germans are trying to force up the price so no deal yet and i guess dependent on Gomez chats. - 8/10
http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...Markus-Suttner

Dennis Aogo A rare tweet from Bozza; "could be the answer" he said about the Schalke LB. Albion fan/Bundesliga journo definitely not a fan. Jonathan Harding countered - "he's not" he insisted. Kite flying from the NSC supremo ? but then he's usually on the money. 8/10 (but they can't all come)

Ferland Mendy - Le Havre. Might have been on the LB list at some point but nothing since several reports a month ago. 2/10
http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...avre-left-back

Kieran Gibbs Most unlikely The Arse still have him up for sale at £15m and are struggling for suitors. Albion (and a few others) are "looking into " but lets face it the price will have to tumble. 2/10 unless Wenger has a clearance sale and other targets don't come off.

Strikers

Tammy Abraham - Looks all over. Swansea flashing the cash has put paid to Albion interest. Not prepared to play those games it appears . And lets face it, what a shit penalty. 1/10
http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...Tammy-Abraham/

Lois Diony Still only the odd report in L'Equipe about the 24 year old, £15m striker apparently insisting we're interested . But "We've not received any offers" reminds Djjon President. This looks like paper rubbish 2/10.

Gianluca-Lapadula Scored 8 goals in SERIA A for Milan last season. 27 year old striker. "we've sent a delegation" to watch him says sketchy local news reports. And thats about it. So i'm only giving it 3/10
http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...-Milan-Striker

James Troisi Another Oz international .Originally "Negotiations intensifying" and "looks set to join" says local proper Oz paper. But now new reports says Albion's move has "floundered" . Money of course. 3/10
http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...ions-intensify

Central Mids

Mooy - Argus insist we've "cooled interest" in the Oz midfielder. Hudds it is then. 5/10
http://www.northstan
dchat.com/showth...19-Aaron-Mooy/

Thomas Delaney Danish international who has impressed for Werder Bremen in last few months. Initial excitement now dampened down by multiple reports that Bremen aren't having it. NOT FOR SALE. Oh yeah. 4/10

World CUP WINNER - Josh Onomah - "wanted on loan" says The Sun but then how many loanees can we actually have (just 2) so dependent on Tammy/Gomez chasing. 4/10

Wingers
Genki - Seems to have gone all quiet. still not going away. Nothing for days. And another winger 4/10
http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...nki-Haraguchi/

Oliver Burke - Are all our targets in the Bundesliga ? ?? - Hudds are also interested (as per) . Hasn't worked out for him. Could be a loan. All a bit sketchy and haven't we got enough wingers anyway. 5/10

GoalKeepers
Maenpaa - Not sure of delay with this one. All signed, sealed and ...Presumably on holiday. Barber says they are still at it. 10/10

The usual
A.Another - Gross style signing out of the blue not rumoured anywhere. 10/10.
u23 A.Nother Exciting new signing but then you realise they're headed direct to Dev Squad never to be seen again or for BHAWFC. 10/10

Long since dropped from list as it was too long anyway: Macdonald, Snodgrass, Cairney, Toivonen,

Incoming
Signed: Gross #10, Ryan (GK)
New Contracts: Stephens, Sidwell, Bong, Maenpaa (TBC)

Outgoing
Gone Stockdale, Pocognoli, O Grady.
For Sale Norwood
For Loan: Walton, Lua Lua, Manu, Ince , Towell, Hunt
Sold Elsewhere: Hughes

Caveats caveats if you actually believe in any of this stuff...

Andy Naylor reminds us pushers of this gossipfest.
"Nothing in a lot of the names you're seeing".. And a certain @not-andy-naylor reminds us that "50% of our signings were not mentioned anywhere before signing. That should tell you a lot about reliablity of media reports".

And for reference here's PB singing strategy. "we don’t just have a single player on our list. We have a cluster of players of the same quality and that is how we work.This whole transfer window, as always, is very much a waiting game. People have to be patient.”

And these words from TB about 2017/18. Its mostly his money after all:
"Money is spent every season at every single club. We have to strengthen, that goes without saying. But we’re not looking to spend huge amounts. We’ll do things on a gradual basis, as we have done. We have good players already, and we want to strengthen from that position."

And CH on fee inflation curtailing business "Over the last year, some of the big name transfer fees have pushed up. You look at the sort of money even some of the top teams are being quoted for some of these top players [8m - 15m] and I think that has a knock-on effect.
that is something we are going to have to cope with and get around.”

Its going to be a long long summer. Window closes :

Anyone missing - let me know. I NEED A SAUCE to include.

Mendy just signed for Lyon. 0/10

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Thanks for the update [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] - much appreciated, good work.

Just one comment: Poor old (young) Josh Kerr must be feeling a bit left out of your "Incoming Signed" section, even though he is in the U23's. You do after all include the U23's in your "The usual" paragraph!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I was relatively relaxed about signings until I saw that list of supposed strikers on the radar. Let's hope it's the usual surprise name signing rather than those linked otherwise it will be a long old season and probably a low scoring one

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was relatively relaxed about signings until I saw that list of supposed strikers on the radar. Let's hope it's the usual surprise name signing rather than those linked otherwise it will be a long old season and probably a low scoring one

At the moment we've got just 3 strikers with two prone to injury and one unlikely to make the grade in the Premier League so I think we need to sign 2-3 decent strikers if we are to hold our own (stay up) this season. I'm confident the club will do whatever is necessary to get the right sort of players in but I won't pretend that I'm not nervous about the consequences if we don't.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
"Money is spent every season at every single club. We have to strengthen, that goes without saying. But we’re not looking to spend huge amounts. We’ll do things on a gradual basis, as we have done. We have good players already, and we want to strengthen from that position."

The most important words to take notice of this summer. TB knows what he's doing.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

The most important words to take notice of this summer. TB knows what he's doing.

Depends on what he means by huge. Relistically it gong to take at least 25m to get us in a position to maybe compete. Still have trouble getting my head round 25m being a small amount in football terms.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Depends on what he means by huge. Relistically it gong to take at least 25m to get us in a position to maybe compete. Still have trouble getting my head round 25m being a small amount in football terms.

They will spend huge amounts. Club turnover per annum rising from £25m to £130m. Part of the £105m will in effect mitigate the current annual loss of £25m, covering the excess of expenditure over income. Leaving £80m this summer alone to go on increased player wages, agents fees and a share of the amortisation of new transfer fees (spread over the life of contracts).

Bloom is not going to sit on most of the extra £80m, whilst watching up go down with a whimper, due to a Championship level squad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A last resort could be the Barry Lloyd route, by raiding West Sussex clubs.

Thank **** that we are no longer fishing in that pond... "Richard Tiltman is better than Dean Saunders" <- according to Barry the clown...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
GK 2 : Maenpaa ( free agent ), no idea reason for hold up.

GK 3 : ???

Left Back : Suttner, impasse over fee.

Centre Back : Gomez, waiting on Liverpool.

Central Mid : Delaney, impasse over fee.

RWing : ???
Striker 1 : ???
Striker 2 : ???

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
GK 2 : Maenpaa ( free agent ), no idea reason for hold up.

GK 3 : ???

Left Back : Suttner, impasse over fee.

Centre Back : Gomez, waiting on Liverpool.

Central Mid : Delaney, impasse over fee.

RWing : ???
Striker 1 : ???
Striker 2 : ???

Bit scary that... where's CJ when you need him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here