Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Here to Help" assistant

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Your chance to hoover up a small chunk of the Premier League millions. Who's applying?

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club are currently looking for enthusiastic and high performing individuals to join the club as we enter our first season in the Premier League. This exciting new matchday role will be responsible for offering friendly face-to-face, accurate information and support to all visitors and fans attending the American Express Community Stadium on a matchday.

Applicants must be comfortable with engaging with the public and have excellent communication skills. The successful candidates will have a helpful and cheerful personality and have knowledge of the American Express Community Stadium. This role is ideal for season ticket holders who are available to work 2.5 hours prior to kick-off and are passionate about enhancing our supporters’ matchday experience.

More >>> https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...lp-assistants/?dm_i=2D77,1370S,3IMF0A,3A6PD,1

Role Spec >>> https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...-matchday-here-to-help-assistant-may-2017.pdf

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't we take the piss out of Palace for having 'helpers' after the Olympics?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Or maybe they could just put yet more signs up? Jeez! Why does the club have to go knee-jerk head-mental just because we got promoted to the Premier League? Exactly what kind of mutants are we expecting who can't find their way around a roundish football stadium? Sake!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure why it's take-the-piss worthy, although I have no recollection of the Palace stuff.

I imagine it will appeal to some who'll see it as doing a bit of a good turn whilst earning a fair chunk of their season ticket outlay.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
palace-games-makers.jpg

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club are currently looking for enthusiastic and high performing individuals to join the club as we enter our first season in the Premier League. This exciting new matchday role will be responsible for offering friendly face-to-face, accurate information and support to all visitors and fans attending the American Express Community Stadium on a matchday.

"High performing individuals" is just the kind of meaningless management gobbledegook that gets Barber and co a bad reputation. What on earth is a "high performing individual"? A ballet dancer on drugs?

Also I'm wondering who all these "visitors" who are not fans attending the stadium on a match day are going to be? I suppose if they're not fans, they may need some information about what is going on in this large building that they are visiting.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or maybe they could just put yet more signs up? Jeez! Why does the club have to go knee-jerk head-mental just because we got promoted to the Premier League? Exactly what kind of mutants are we expecting who can't find their way around a roundish football stadium? Sake!

Not sure it's really worthy of a rant TBH.

It's no big deal, surely?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Also I'm wondering who all these "visitors" who are not fans attending the stadium on a match day are going to be? I suppose if they're not fans, they may need some information about what is going on in this large building that they are visiting.

3000 away fans who may never have visited the stadium before I guess? Maybe lost University students??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure it's really worthy of a rant TBH.

It's no big deal, surely?

Just seems to me one more sign of the madness that the Premier League attracts. What's wrong with keeping it real? All but a couple of thousand of the people going this coming season will be exactly the same people that went last season. It's not exactly the London Olympics, and even if it were, the visitors to that would surely have been able to get out of bed in the morning without having here to helpers tie their mittens together and warn them not to run with scissors in their hands. So, yeah, sort of does warrant a little bit of a rant. IMHO, like.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
"High performing individuals" is just the kind of meaningless management gobbledegook that gets Barber and co a bad reputation. What on earth is a "high performing individual"? A ballet dancer on drugs?

Have you ever worked in an office?

"High performing individual" gets thrown around a lot. Accurately translates to "someone who does their job very well".

In this respect I imagine it translates more to "someone with an approachable personality who doesn't mind helping people out"

Seems like a good idea to me. If I didn't enjoy my pre-match drinking session so much I'd consider it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
"High performing individuals" is just the kind of meaningless management gobbledegook that gets Barber and co a bad reputation. What on earth is a "high performing individual"?

My mate's a steeplejack and reckons he's nailed on for the job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here