Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is it 1000 loyalty points for a season ticket ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My personal intention is to buy tickets to games and maybe not go - selfish I know but I don't want to miss out perennially should we survive/thrive.

It wouldn't be hard for the club to allocate the 10 away points only to people who attended. I would imagine 90% if not more away grounds this season have automatic barriers so can easily pass a data file onto the club. I can't remember if you still can see it but you could see on your fan account the exactly time to the 100th of a second when a STH entered the Amex each match.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It wouldn't be hard for the club to allocate the 10 away points only to people who attended. I would imagine 90% if not more away grounds this season have automatic barriers so can easily pass a data file onto the club. I can't remember if you still can see it but you could see on your fan account the exactly time to the 100th of a second when a STH entered the Amex each match.

Interesting idea. Suspect it might fall foul of data protection legislation though. It's not our club's data, imo. It belongs to the away club, the Albion only act as an agent for the away club when they sell away tickets. Might also have issues with general "privacy" concerns too. Presumably there are some issues around this topic, as ManU and Liverpool have a lot of "STH" well into their 80s, 90s, and some over 100 due to families renewing Dad's ticket even though he doesn't (can't) attend to avoid the son/daughter having to join the waiting list. If there weren't some legal issues, surely those clubs would have dealt with problems about their own fans bucking the system?

Though, it would certainly address whatever issue there is around people buying tickets for games they have no intention of attending.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's the deal with people who bought match by match prior to now but now have a season ticket for this coming campaign?

Depending on how their points are handled, they could have an advantage over long-term season ticket holders.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What's the deal with people who bought match by match prior to now but now have a season ticket for this coming campaign?

Depending on how their points are handled, they could have an advantage over long-term season ticket holders.

I'm pretty sure I read once in that instance they're carried forward on top of the 1000 at 10% in the event of someone becoming an STH.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A combination of a decent away history over the past few years, current STH and reasonably lively on ticket release days should see you OK.

Isn't this it ? Not sure what our average away attendance was, but pretty sure it was well below the 3,000 we'll get for most games next season, so there is scope for more people to get tickets next season. Suspect all those who went to a half-decent number (more than say 6-8 perhaps and have done so for a couple of seasons) of away games last season will have no problem at all as there simply won't be enough people with greater loyalty points. Sure the loyalty point threshold is deliberately set to allow most of those types to get tickets before the threshold is reduced.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't this it ? Not sure what our average away attendance was, but pretty sure it was well below the 3,000 we'll get for most games next season, so there is scope for more people to get tickets next season. Suspect all those who went to a half-decent number (more than say 6-8 perhaps and have done so for a couple of seasons) of away games last season will have no problem at all as there simply won't be enough people with greater loyalty points. Sure the loyalty point threshold is deliberately set to allow most of those types to get tickets before the threshold is reduced.

8 away games per season for the past 5 years, alongside a season ticket, would place you on 1076 loyalty points at the start of this season*, behind c3000 1901ers for a start.

(* - this doesn't include Cup games, I appreciate, but there will be numerous varying scenarios)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
8 away games per season for the past 5 years, alongside a season ticket, would place you on 1076 loyalty points at the start of this season*, behind c3000 1901ers for a start.

(* - this doesn't include Cup games, I appreciate, but there will be numerous varying scenarios)

Yeah I know, but on the basis of last season 1901 attendance at away games obviously isn't huge - no doubt it'll increase next season but the few I know don't seem to be planning on a wholesale change in their approach. Suspect most the away games will sell out during the second wave.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I thought about this when the opening poster quoted 365 points. But then thought about it and to get that many points he must have attended a high proportion of games in the past so I haven't an issue about him starting this season with 1182 points

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Interesting idea. Suspect it might fall foul of data protection legislation though. It's not our club's data, imo. It belongs to the away club, the Albion only act as an agent for the away club when they sell away tickets. Might also have issues with general "privacy" concerns too. Presumably there are some issues around this topic, as ManU and Liverpool have a lot of "STH" well into their 80s, 90s, and some over 100 due to families renewing Dad's ticket even though he doesn't (can't) attend to avoid the son/daughter having to join the waiting list. If there weren't some legal issues, surely those clubs would have dealt with problems about their own fans bucking the system?

Though, it would certainly address whatever issue there is around people buying tickets for games they have no intention of attending.

I thought a number of season tickets at Liverpool were actually held by dead people.

Yes its probably not easy for away games but very easy for home (cheap) cup games - it you don't enter the ground you're not getting the points

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yeah I know, but on the basis of last season 1901 attendance at away games obviously isn't huge - no doubt it'll increase next season but the few I know don't seem to be planning on a wholesale change in their approach. Suspect most the away games will sell out during the second wave.

You're probably right, although it was the opposite view which caused this thread to be started: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?351734-Do-1901ers-get-too-many-quot-loyalty-quot-points

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I thought about this when the opening poster quoted 365 points. But then thought about it and to get that many points he must have attended a high proportion of games in the past so I haven't an issue about him starting this season with 1182 points

I found this which I remembered I'd seen before. If it's still the case from 2 seasons back:

What happens if I become a season ticket holder?
You are awarded 1,000 loyalty points at the start of the season (these are added
on the date of the first competitive fixture of the season). Any existing balance
earned or carried forward from previous seasons is carried forward at 10%.

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/seagull-loyalty-scheme.pdf

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I don't know if this is correct, but 19 home games a season, bought match my match, over 5 years would equal 368 loyalty points now if 10 points were awarded for each. If those are halved and put on top of a "new season ticket" 1000 points then that feels wrong as someone who has had a season ticket for 5 seasons (and not done anything else) would be on 1000.

If it's a 10% carry forward as suggested by [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] then that's more equitable, although you could clearly make a case that they should be on 1000.

Small numbers involved anyway, I'm sure, and I fully appreciate having a system that could properly invoke all of this would be nigh on impossible.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't know if this is correct, but 19 home games a season, bought match my match, over 5 years would equal 368 loyalty points now if 10 points were awarded for each. If those are halved and put on top of a "new season ticket" 1000 points then that feels wrong as someone who has had a season ticket for 5 seasons (and not done anything else) would be on 1000.

If it's a 10% carry forward as suggested by [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] then that's more equitable, although you could clearly make a case that they should be on 1000.

Small numbers involved anyway, I'm sure, and I fully appreciate having a system that could properly invoke all of this would be nigh on impossible.

Yes putting it that way I see your point, although with the 10% rule then such a person would be on 1036 so not likely to get much chance for the big away games this season

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Old age, infirmity and ultimately death will eventually take their toll

What's the mean age of the people with 1,300 plus?

I'm 56, but I think you may need a few more to get a good average

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

Why though, this person would have spent over £100 more than the season ticket holder in just one season, Why should buying a season ticket give 1000 points but going match by match will give significantly less for more money?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011

yes you are correct - since we've been at the amex I've been buying tickets on a game by game basis for pretty much all home games and a few away games each year too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here