Tim Farron puts God before Politics

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Bye bye .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He voted in favour of same sex marriage so doesn't 'hate gays'. What he found was the media concentrated on his beliefs rather than policies. Tolerance can be a one way street at times.

Well said. My heart says Vince as a replacement, but head says Jo S, Vince is just too old and would be 79 come the end of this parliament

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Lucky that he was just pipped to becoming PM then.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I m sure he was just an escaped Spitting Image puppet and not a real human being . Mind you the Lib Dems are used to behaving like puppets ...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I genuinely feel for him in the election. Stuck his head above the parapet by suggesting a second Brexit vote to try and attract the Remain bods wanting a best of 3, and no bugger voted for him.

Bozza did!! Allegedly.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Simon Hughes asked earlier on Today programme whether he thought Farron had been hounded out because of his religious beliefs.

I would like to think he was hounded out because he is a ******* homophobe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If your definition of admirable is believing gay sex is a sin, then yes.

The man's a buffoon.
What? He explicitly stated he DIDN'T think it was a sin. FFS, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I found his remarks on resignation very interesting - he was suggesting that he felt he was constantly having to defend himself from people attacking him for having a faith and as such we were deluding ourselves if we thought we were living in a tolerant society. I don't agree, I think if you have a faith where your beliefs contradict the law of the land, you're very welcome to practice that faith - just don't expect to lead a political party, that's all.

I found him a bit too "chirpy everyman" for my tastes, but I was quietly impressed by some of his debating and answering. Certainly more than Nick Clegg who appeared polished but skirted around nearly anything that required a difficult answer. The Lib Dems need a leader with Clegg's polish and Farron's straight talking.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think there are two aspects to this
1) while he stated he voted for same sex marriage,he refused to answer whether same sex was a sin thereby getting tagged a homophobic.
2) Should we as a society be more tolerate towards all those that hold strong religious beliefs?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What? He explicitly stated he DIDN'T think it was a sin. FFS, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I found his remarks on resignation very interesting - he was suggesting that he felt he was constantly having to defend himself from people attacking him for having a faith and as such we were deluding ourselves if we thought we were living in a tolerant society. I don't agree, I think if you have a faith where your beliefs contradict the law of the land, you're very welcome to practice that faith - just don't expect to lead a political party, that's all.

I found him a bit too "chirpy everyman" for my tastes, but I was quietly impressed by some of his debating and answering. Certainly more than Nick Clegg who appeared polished but skirted around nearly anything that required a difficult answer. The Lib Dems need a leader with Clegg's polish and Farron's straight talking.

He was certainly more dynamic than Clegg, but not someone I could vote for - but then I'm now stumped on who I would give my 'x' to when we vote again, whenever that is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was certainly more dynamic than Clegg, but not someone I could vote for - but then I'm now stumped on who I would give my 'x' to when we vote again, whenever that is.

I voted Lib Dem, but this is because of policy rather than leadership. Pro-EU, a penny on income tax and - after listening to Vince Cable - a genuine feeling that lessons had been learned. Don't forget, they could've propped up this Tory government this time round instead of the DUP, but after having the blame pinned on them in 2015, they won't make that mistake again.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I voted Lib Dem, but this is because of policy rather than leadership. Pro-EU, a penny on income tax and - after listening to Vince Cable - a genuine feeling that lessons had been learned. Don't forget, they could've propped up this Tory government this time round instead of the DUP, but after having the blame pinned on them in 2015, they won't make that mistake again.

Yeah, the got properly walloped lat time and were never going to do that again, although for the rest of us, maybe it would have been a better option than the DUP.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, the got properly walloped lat time and were never going to do that again, although for the rest of us, maybe it would have been a better option than the DUP.
There is no "maybe" about it. This government shames us all by cosying up to the DUP, but you can hardly blame the LibDems for not forming a coalition with the Tories can you? It should have been a minority government.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There is no "maybe" about it.

Indeed, I was being kind. I see nothing fundamentally wrong with a coalition government between two mainstream parties, it means they actually need to talk to each other rather than just snipe as talking heads on the 24 hour rolling media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here