Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayweather v McGregor

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't dispute at all that its entertaining.

Much in the same way a fight in a pub is entertaining.

Any sport where you can choke someone until they pass out falls into a category beyond "sport" in my mind.
I probably felt the same before I understood the sport. It's safer than boxing. You must unlearn what you have learned.

And don't get me wrong. I've sat there with mates and roared on as people are getting smashed up
Sat where with mates?
it's just not an art like boxing.
I don't meant to be offensive but you don't know MMA and haven't got a clue what you're talking about. It's an incredible art. It's a much truer form of fighting, where people can use their bodies to do whatever their bodies can do. It's martial ART. Seeing jiu jitsu fighters trying to gain position on each other can be like speed chess, it's incredible.

I think it's INCREDIBLY naïve for CM to think he even has a chance but, to be fair, $100m talks.
If he thinks he has a chance, then yes, that seems naive to me, but I given the money he's getting I think it's naive to imagine he's doing this because he thinks he has a chance.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
aldo-horz.jpg

Jack Dempsey would be proud of that stance.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
No, MMA is brilliant. A much better spectator sport than boxing.

You must be mad. I've seen better tear ups in pub car parks. The only decent MMA i've seen is the Gracie Bros bossing it through all weight divs with expert BJJ take downs. Apart from that, its one step up from WWE pantomime, utter crap.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You must be mad. I've seen better tear ups in pub car parks. The only decent MMA i've seen is the Gracie Bros bossing it through all weight divs with expert BJJ take downs. Apart from that, its one step up from WWE pantomime, utter crap.

Speaking of crap, how about that pile of shit Mayweather vs Pacquiao served up.

Boxers are one trick ponies.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
What? How? They're boxing, so it doesn't look at MMA at all. You've got an undefeated boxer against a man who isn't a boxer.

Interested in seeing how one of the best MMA fighters adapts to the ring.

There's no way if Mayweather takes it seriously that McGregor will go the distance with him.

Who knows. It's pretty much uncharted territory.
My money would be on 12 rounds UD Mayweather.

I don't believe an older Mayweather, now 10 years without a KO, has the ability to knock McGregor out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You clearly don't watch or know anything about MMA.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

You have no idea what you're talking about.

There is no doubt that with Dana White et al in charge the marketing and hype is out of control.

However the level of skill required is insane.

Most fighters are elite level in at least one discipline (grappling/striking/kicking) with many being well versed in multiple arts.

On that point, the idea that grappling and submission fighting (raised by someone else in a different post) is not a sport is f**king stupid. Judo?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Kazushi Sakuraba bossed all of the Gracies. That's how much good ole Bob knows.

I know what I like and MMA bores me shitless. So what if Sakuraba had epic fights with the Gracie bros and beat them, the sport in general is still pony and does nothing for martial arts. MMA has little to do with martial arts if it is practiced for sport, most of the techniques that would serve you well in real combat, ie War/Security etc (that will be the "Martial" part) are against the rules. I think it's utter shite, and hope Mayweather annihilates him in one round. He will probably string it out longer but anything over 4 or 5 rounds would be embarrassing.

Well, lets just see what happens when Colin McBiggun and Mayweather meet in the ring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here