Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D Day For Haywards Heath FC

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Good luck To Mark Russ, Shaun Saunders and Haywards Heath FC tomorrow when they take on the FA at Wembley HQ tomorrow! 9pt deduction to overturn and if successful Ryman football awaits! Should never of got this far and dragged out for so long! Hope SCFL and Sussex FA have egg on their faces tea time tomorrow! Up The Heath!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hope SCFL and Sussex FA have egg on their faces tea time tomorrow! Up The Heath!!!

Why? From my information, which is first hand and from an official within Sussex County;

They failed to check the SCFA website, the players name was named as sine die from 3 April! Quite a few days before he played!
They fell foul of not checking correctly which is a shame.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Why? From my information, which is first hand and from an official within Sussex County;

And there lays the problem...what your official has forgotten to tell you...they did check for his suspension and it wasn't there at the time of checking...it only appeared on website 3/4 days after! HHFC are not in control of when website is updated! Players fine was paid by Fisher to London FA. Barrister will hopefully sort it out! Also there is the part of SCFL who gave 9pt deduction to Heath yet failed to penalise Lancing FC a year earlier when they played an illegdible player in Peter Bentley Cup final! Remind me where Sussex FA HQ is again? Oh yes Culver Rd....LANCING!

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And there lays the problem...what your official has forgotten to tell you...they did check for his suspension and it wasn't there at the time of checking...it only appeared on website 3/4 days after! HHFC are not in control of when website is updated! Players fine was paid by Fisher to London FA. Barrister will hopefully sort it out! Also there is the part of SCFL who gave 9pt deduction to Heath yet failed to penalise Lancing FC a year earlier when they played an illegdible player in Peter Bentley Cup final! Remind me where Sussex FA HQ is again? Oh yes Culver Rd....LANCING!

Did you not also field an ineligible player in the Peter Bentley Cup? Having been a secretary myself I didn't have the internet to rely on back in the day, we would call the League or FA and ask for confirmation of a player transfer/signing on. Did HHTFC do this?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Did you not also field an ineligible player in the Peter Bentley Cup? Having been a secretary myself I didn't have the internet to rely on back in the day, we would call the League or FA and ask for confirmation of a player transfer/signing on. Did HHTFC do this?
But now they do have the internet to rely on, why would they call as well (at least until this sort of experience had shown you that the FA info is not reliable)? This is exactly analogous to you calling the FA and checking on a player's eligibility and being told he is OK to play only to later find out that he isn't and if you had called a few days later you would have been told that - and then being told that it is your fault for calling to early.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Why ? Even if HH are guilty ( and there's quite some doubt about that ) it's a ridiculously over the top punishment. The Football Associations tend not to treat all clubs the same and are made up of stuffed shirts. Most need bringing down a peg or two.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why ? Even if HH are guilty ( and there's quite some doubt about that ) it's a ridiculously over the top punishment. The Football Associations tend not to treat all clubs the same and are made up of stuffed shirts. Most need bringing down a peg or two.

The rules are plain and simple, field an ineligible player in a league match and lose three points from the game. What I find incredible is they fielded an ineligible player v Eastbourne Town in the cup, Eastbourne Town appealed to the SCFL/SCFA, not sure which, and were given a hearing date, the SCFL/A allowed HHT to play their next round game even with the appeal having not been heard. They then cancelled the hearing and fined HHT £75. It seems to me that HHTFC are quite complicit in this particular matter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here