Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Understand everything you are highlighting, but IF we get him, for me is it an improvement on Bong.

If he isn't then I would question why we are bothering. TBH never seen him so I don't know.

What did the German journalist who supports the Albion say?

Indeed; from what I've seen he might be a slight upgrade on Bong, BUT that only makes him 'maybe' good enough for this division...

For me; he's in the why bother category.

Hunt all the day long.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
An inexperienced and completely untested, even at championship level, right back - to be back up in the PL in the left back position.

Absolutely genius.

Yes - if Liam can Hunt can.

I can only remphasise how utterly average Suttner would be at this level. Why not actually use the academy for what it was intended. But if you want a 30 year old journeyman to take the place of another promising youngster then fine.

Buy hey, it's not my 3-4 million.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes - if Liam can Hunt can.

I can only remphasise how utterly average Suttner would be at this level. Why not actually use the academy for what it was intended. But if you want a 30 year old journeyman to take the place of another promising youngster then fine.

Buy hey, it's not my 3-4 million.

How many times have you watched him play out of curiosity?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And Ingolstadt aren't budging either.

Deadline day, or not at all, it seems.

We had the same problem getting Baldock, and Duffy. I trust Barber & Winstanley to do the negotiating. It might take until deadline day.

As for expecting Academy players, they need league experience so loan deals are good, and it's only been open for 3 years.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Numerous times.

I am avid watcher of bang average Austrian football. Although I missed much of his season in Germany, based on his time in Austria - well he's okay, but not good enough for the EPL.

I studied at the University of Innsbruck, so put that in yer pipe and smoke it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Numerous times.

I am avid watcher of bang average Austrian football. Although I missed much of his season in Germany, based on his time in Austria - well he's okay, but not good enough for the EPL.

I studied at the University of Innsbruck, so put that in yer pipe and smoke it.

In other words, no, you haven't and you have absolutely no idea how good or bad he is.

Here's something that is true though, there appears be a plethora of players who are signed from 'bang average' clubs, out of 'bang average' leagues, and play for 'bang average' countries who seem to adapt and do quite well over here and abroad, at any age.

Could you explain?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Were you indeed.

Hmmmm

Well logic suggests we're well prepared for relegation from the top flight, based on our policy of signing proven failures at that level.

Those are the facts, are they not?

You said he would be an average premier league player. Therefore he would be good enough for most premier league teams that avoid relegation. The corollary being that if we had a team of other average premier league players, we would be comfortably safe. That is logic.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
In other words, no, you haven't and you have absolutely no idea how good or bad he is.

Here's something that is true though, there appears be a plethora of players who are signed from 'bang average' clubs, out of 'bang average' leagues, and play for 'bang average' countries who seem to adapt and do quite well over here and abroad, at any age.

Could you explain?

Calling me a liar.

Poor form.

I wish you well on your quest to convince yourself that Suttner is actually good enough.

He isn't you know.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
An inexperienced and completely untested, even at championship level, right back - to be back up in the PL in the left back position.

Absolutely genius.
I too would like to see us putting a bit more faith in the youngsters, and giving them a chance - but as you say, asking a young RIGHT BACK to be 2nd. choice LEFT BACK is just balmy!
Mind you, Rosenior is as good a LB as Bong (give or take a bit - I'm not wanting an argument here, but he can and has played LB, and done it very well) so maybe Hunt could cover RB if Rosie was needed on the left. Not saying we should take this route - getting in someone better than what we've got is a much better strategy!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Calling me a liar.

Poor form.

I wish you well on your quest to convince yourself that Suttner is actually good enough.

He isn't you know.

Irrespective if he is good enough or not, how many times have you seen him play. No offence intended but if our recruitment team sees fit to recruit him then for me that is good enough. As an aside do you have any further suggestions on someone who "is actually good enough"

May 24, 2017
Those bargain bin cut price deals at Aldi do look very appealing at the time don't they?.....it's not until you get home that you realise that you've actually bought a load of sh1te!.....from bargain bin to kitchen bin if you like.....i'm sure that's not the case here though....:lolol:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Those bargain bin cut price deals at Aldi do look very appealing at the time don't they?.....it's not until you get home that you realise that you've actually bought a load of sh1te!.....from bargain bin to kitchen bin if you like.....i'm sure that's not the case here though....:lolol:

Indeed, we were back at Customer Services trying to get a refund for Knockaert soon after purchase.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Why don't you **** off to your own board and talk about what other ageing player you are gonna spunk £130k a week on...And continue to tell everyone you have done it on a 'shoestring budget'?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Calling me a liar.

Poor form.

He isn't you know.

Would you eat your hat if he turned out to be a cracking player for us?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

But they have risen to compete with and beat the top supermarkets so similarly so could we with bargain buys and not spending the millions to miss out on FFP that Smarmy Eddie Howe does.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Imagine if Huddersfield balked at the asking price for players or agent's greedy additional demands or at the outrageous inflation in the footballer market place - they'd never sign anyone...............oh ......hang on ...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here