Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another full signing so I reckon the striker slot will be a loanee. Makes sense as this is the position that would probably cost too much in the current market for an outright buy

I don't see that at all.

The club needs to buy a statement striker from somewhere on the globe, just not England.
'All' that fella needs to do is score 8-10 goals and look decent and instantly his market value has risen exponentially.

Then in an ideal world it also picks up a young loanee who won't take a squad position.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
To be honest I'm more excited by seeing a prospect like Hunt given a real chance than spending a considerable sum on a recently relegated player, and one pushing into his 30s.

I was uninspired when first linked and remain so.

If it goes through so be it, but I'm kind of like - meh.

Still meh?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Welcome addition replacing the departed Proganoli as competition for Bong cannot say I know anything about him but looking at the video he appears to like getting forward and whips in the type of cross forwards love

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No idea if he's any good by PL standards but will trust Hughton on that one. But I do like the fact he's been involved at a club that was in a survival scrap for the past 2 years. Suggests he'll have the right mentality.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Suttner 3 year deal, Bong 1 year deal.
If Suttner is our future can he be straight in at no:1 so he can continue last seasons form.
Or does Hughton stick to who he knows..

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I don't see that at all.

The club needs to buy a statement striker from somewhere on the globe, just not England.
'All' that fella needs to do is score 8-10 goals and look decent and instantly his market value has risen exponentially.

Then in an ideal world it also picks up a young loanee who won't take a squad position.

If the new striker speaks German it wouldn't hurt. Pascal, Uwe, Markus, new striker, loanee.......

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Because this one went public early on it shows how some transfers can be very protracted. I'm sure we are some way down the line on many other deals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is there a reason why we did not apparently consider players from Mainz, Hamburger SV or Augsburg? Teams whose defenders helped them just stay in the Bundesliga last season? Mind you, the 2 we have bought have great stats and the price would have fallen due to relegation so I guess I have answered my own question. Can we now expect to see any of the newly promoted German sides clamouring for John O'Shea and Lee Splattermole . . . . (answer: no - they're shit). :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is there a reason why we did not apparently consider players from Mainz, Hamburger SV or Augsburg? Teams whose defenders helped them just stay in the Bundesliga last season? Mind you, the 2 we have bought have great stats and the price would have fallen due to relegation
Yet he was only about £500k 2 years ago. How has he gone up so much, at his age, with only one year left on his contract, after seeing his team relegated?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hooray - and presumably he's joined up with the squad because he didn't have far to go!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here