Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh dear! [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] wont be happy.

Not unhappy, just a little underwhelmed.

He has my support and I hope he proves to be far better than I fully expect him to be.

He'll need to raise his game, but then again, so will the majority of our squad.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
So much so you mentioned him three times in one paragraph! And spelt it correctly on each occasion.

I'm a linguist from way back - modern languages at University. It helps with foreign names.........

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I do not think Pocognoli was seen as an upgrade on Bong, hence we didnt try to sign him permanently, but judging by his record I would say that Markus Suttner is.

It's good to hear this from our resident left-back expert.......... and I agree totally.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Very pleased with this signing.

One more, perhaps Gomez or Tomori, needed to complete the defence.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Interested to know who would have overwhelmed you and was affordable?

Perhaps... someone under 30, with a more credible/progressive future in the top flight.

Someone with more than a handful of caps (considering his age) for a very average footballing nation.

Someone with actual proven pedigree in a top division over a reasonably sustained period of time.

Someone who hadn't just been relegated from said top division.

Someone who was, let's face it, slightly more exciting than a jobbing Austrian left-back.

Someone young and British, helping develop a real tangible future for our own national team.

Someone whose name can't be so easily be altered to be 'hilarious' - i give you: Suckner.

I apologise once again, but I strongly suspect he is not much better than Bong. A player who we all feel may struggle at this level. I'm just not quite as optimistic as the "he cost over 3 million therefore he MUST be class brigade."

The question of affordability is indeed a pertinent one, but if this guy is worth around 4 million would 6-8 been so unreasonable for something more in line with the above?

But hey, he has my backing until I'm proven right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Someone under 30, with a more credible/progressive future in the top flight.

Someone with more than a handful of caps for a very average footballing nation.

Someone with actual proven pedigree in a top division over a reasonably sustained period of time.

Someone who was, let's face it, slightly more exciting than a jobbing Austrian left-back.

Someone young and British, helping develop a real tangible future for our own national team.

Someone whose name can't be so easily be altered to be 'hilarious' - i give you: Suckner.

I apologise once again, but I strongly suspect he is not much better than Bong. A player who we all feel may struggle at this level. I'm just not quite as optimistic as the "he cost over 3 million therefore he MUST be class brigade."

And this someone is.....................................................?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Someone under 30, with a more credible/progressive future in the top flight.

Someone with more than a handful of caps for a very average footballing nation.

'Someone' doesn't cut it. That is just lazy posting.

I agree with you but fortunately I am not in charge of recruitment because my page of recruits that fit these criteria for an affordable price is blank.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
And this someone is.....................................................?

The question of affordability is indeed a pertinent one, but if this guy is worth around 4 million would 6-8 been so unreasonable for something more in line with the above?

Your the LB guru, or are you seriously telling me that Suttner was/is the only viable option in the enitre footballing world. Bearing in mind a.) his age and b.) his recent ability to stay in a top flight?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Your the LB guru, or are you seriously telling me that Suttner was/is the only viable option in the enitre footballing world. Bearing in mind a.) his age and b.) his recent ability to stay in a top flight?

and there was me feeling a bit chipper an that. :facepalm::shootself

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Perhaps... someone under 30, with a more credible/progressive future in the top flight.

Someone with more than a handful of caps (considering his age) for a very average footballing nation.

We should listen to you. Didn't you predict we'd finish mid table at best last season? And you were proved so right

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
and there was me feeling a bit chipper an that. :facepalm::shootself

I don't understand why people think I'm down on this really. I've said meh, underwhelmed and I am, but it's only football and that's where it's at really. Ultimately our recruitment thus far smacks of a low budget holiday where we've ended up in the dodgy hotel next door to the 5 star resort...

I can see over the fence, I can hear the champagne being uncorked, heck I can smell the ostentatious atmos... but I just can't make it out in any clarity, not past the barbedwire fence and guard dogs... These people are on holiday for a month and we're going to be back in the rain in Burton way before any of them even check out...

I think I saw some milk and honey, but I could've been wrong...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here