Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think Pocognoli was seen as an upgrade on Bong, hence we didnt try to sign him permanently, but judging by his record I would say that Markus Suttner is.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
He's been a regular in the Bundesliga and is a current International. What makes you think he's just been signed just as backup to Bong ?

I was never a fan of Bong or Poc to be honest. I agree with others that CH feels this guy is an upgrade, I'm just not sure how much better he is as he was relegated and not picked up by another Bundasliga club.
He does fit our fight for 17th place battle next season, and if we do go down could help us get right back up. Just not sure he is a top flight option but hoping to be proved wrong!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've got a good feeling about this signing. God knows how anyone can claim he's not Prem quality when we've yet to see him touch a ball in the English game. Looking at some of the youtube clips, he does look tidy and seems to have a sweet left foot when it comes to set-pieces and crosses. I think this could turn out to be a top signing by our recruitment team who are obviously Football manager experts.

PS The 'Can he play left back?' joke has sort of swallowed itself through laughing for too long.

Someone had to say it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Blossom of snow may you (tony) bloom and grow
(tony) Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Interesting that cost about same as Malone for Udders (though reportedly Malone's fee could rise to £5m); seems as if we were not chasing Malone, who was best LB in Championship. Malone is four years younger too. Guess we have to trust that TB and the team see more in MS; I particularly like that he can take decent set pieces; that was a weakness last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting that cost about same as Malone for Udders (though reportedly Malone's fee could rise to £5m); seems as if we were not chasing Malone, who was best LB in Championship. Malone is four years younger too. Guess we have to trust that TB and the team see more in MS; I particularly like that he can take decent set pieces; that was a weakness last season.

I thought that Amavi of Villa was the best against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here