Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If 30-year-olds are our future, we 're in trouble.

_61172249_brunosaltorempics.jpg

If I shave my beard I would look a lot younger. It's me! Bruno!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
This signing should at least shut up the bedwetters...for a couple of days at least!

Like the fact he can take a set piece as well. Will be vital this season when Knocky wins a lot of cheap fouls outside the box.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yet he was only about £500k 2 years ago. How has he gone up so much, at his age, with only one year left on his contract, after seeing his team relegated?

Because the whole PL market is vastly inflated, with the new tv deals. Clubs know that the 20 PL teams are awash with money and will hold out for what they can get. Ingoldstadt had every right to play hardball, in the face of losing their two best players to us. You either pay up or you don't get the player..
Two years ago, would you have considered that Lukaku would become a £75m player?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This signing should at least shut up the bedwetters...for a couple of days at least!

Like the fact he can take a set piece as well. Will be vital this season when Knocky wins a lot of cheap fouls outside the box.

And then gets sent off for diving..................:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will Bong even make the bench now.... lets say we sign Gomez, which looks likely, having Rosenior and Gomez on the bench would cover both full back on both sides...

I guess that's what Pre-Season is for. Either way, it's great to have competition for this spot.

The fact that Gross and Suttner already know each other must be a bonus as well. I think the last time we signed two of a club's best players together was Lawrenson and Williams from Preston (Williams being the most expensive). That deal wasn't too shabby..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because the whole PL market is vastly inflated, with the new tv deals. Clubs know that the 20 PL teams are awash with money and will hold out for what they can get. Ingoldstadt had every right to play hardball, in the face of losing their two best players to us. You either pay up or you don't get the player..
I have no complaints with Ingoldstadt. I'm simply wondering

Two years ago, would you have considered that Lukaku would become a £75m player?
Lukaku has only just turned 24, so his playing days are ahead of him and 2 years ago we weren't yet sure of his potential. It's unlikely Suttner will play much better than he has in the past.

I'm not complaining, he's a player the club wanted, and they've got him, so that's great.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Why haven't we signed someone else, it's been like... an hour now!

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Of all the positions fullback is the one i trust CH to get right. Glad to see this one over the line.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great stuff,Now the striker,please.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nope.

You are incredibly, overlooking the double SWOOP for Robert Codner and Nicky Bissett.

OOPS. How could I have forgotten that one? Mind you, at the time I was happy with that SWOOP as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here