Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker 36 - level - WE ARE STAYING UP

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed.

10 day break to re-group and then give it a good go at Burnley.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Burnley are in for one helluva beating.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Huge point today - should give us a lot of belief going into these games against big teams.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Thread is redundant now, four points behind the projection yet comfortable in 13th and looking like we'll be fine barring a mother of all revivals from one of the current bottom 3. "40 points for safety" adage has been well and truly rubbished

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Thread is redundant now, four points behind the projection yet comfortable in 13th and looking like we'll be fine barring a mother of all revivals from one of the current bottom 3. "40 points for safety" adage has been well and truly rubbished

No one said that we will need 40 points to stay up, it was just a convenient level to measure against, which I still think it has been. I think my opening comment was that if we are close to this we will be alright and we are. In only one season out of the last 10 has 40 been needed, the average is 36-38 I think, but that doesn't work as well as a clear non biased, non emotive measure as the beat at home draw away to the bottom ten does.

I'll try harder next year to reach your high standards :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thread has been excellent to read all season and looking forward to seeing if become properly redundant soon.......

The “40 point” target was always the golden rule when the league had 22 teams wasn’t it ? Don’t think it was ever adjusted when the numbers dropped, so it still gets used all the time when the reality now is that it’s more like 37/38 (so still a point a game basically).

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Thread has been excellent to read all season and looking forward to seeing if become properly redundant soon.......

The “40 point” target was always the golden rule when the league had 22 teams wasn’t it ? Don’t think it was ever adjusted when the numbers dropped, so it still gets used all the time when the reality now is that it’s more like 37/38 (so still a point a game basically).

Absolutely. This has been a great thread throughout the season - it's kept everything in a decent perspective and I look forward to it's resurrection in August.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I very much agree with the above, but I do hope next seasons tracker is a little.more challenging than 40 points.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I very much agree with the above, but I do hope next seasons tracker is a little.more challenging than 40 points.

41?

Actually I have in mind a three line attack next season. 36 points, 40 points and 52 points, but don't tell anyone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
41?

Actually I have in mind a three line attack next season. 36 points, 40 points and 52 points, but don't tell anyone.
Great I do hope we don't collectively go into next season with another 17th is good enough, mentality.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Stoke 28:
Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Southampton 29:
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Palace 35:
Leicester H
Stoke A
West Brom H

Huddersfield 35:
Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

Swansea 33:
Man City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

West Ham 35:
Arsenal A
Man City H
Leicester A
Man Utd H
Everton H

Brighton 36:
Burnley A
Man Utd H
Man City A
Liverpool A

Watford 38:
Spurs A
Newcastle H
Man Utd A

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Stoke 29:
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Southampton 29:
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Swansea 33:
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Palace 35:
Leicester H
Stoke A
West Brom H

Huddersfield 35:
Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

West Ham 35:
Man City H
Leicester A
Man Utd H
Everton H

Brighton 36:
Burnley A
Man Utd H
Man City A
Liverpool A

Watford 38:
Spurs A
Newcastle H
Man Utd A

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Stoke lose away to Liverpool next weekend they can't catch us.

Bournemouth then take centre stage with games away to Stains and home against Swans. Ironically they could keep us up!
After that it's Swans v Stains in what could be a winner takes all contest.

Looking good for Albion fans even if we can't find another point.
A win at Burnley & their ex-Albion strike force or home to ManUre would (even more almost certainly) see us safe in our own right of course.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here