Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker 36 - level - WE ARE STAYING UP

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
See below. An easy ready to use "we are staying up" tracker.

In short we all know we are going to get hammered by the big teams, we therefore have to look at those as "just for fun".

Basically to stay up we need 40 points (probably less, but bare with it).

The easiest way is to beat all of the worst ten teams from last year at home and draw with them away.

If we do that we will have 40 points. I am including Newcastle and Huddersfield in the bottom 10 by the way.

If you lose all of the others you end up with the following results.

Bedwetting on NSC as we only get 9 points from our first 10 games.
Talk of Europe when we hit 23 points in mid December.
Talk of relegation gain by the end of January.
Then NSC goes crazy after we reach 38 point with five matches to go
NSC bedwets again as we take just 2 points from the final five matches, players on the beach, not trying etc etc etc etc etc.

As long as are close or ahead of this tracker, it will have been have a good season. Enjoy!!

Top stuff Giraffe, although I do see us beating both Bournemouth at home and doing the double over Palace, so we will be home comfortably 👍

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Here we go, the first five game update.
Reminder the assumption is we have to beat all of last years bottom 10 (10th to 17th, plus Newcastle and Huddersfield) at home, and draw with them away. Nothing from the other games.

In short we are only point down (the failure to get a draw at Leicester). Bournemouth away was actually a "bonus" game where nothing was expected as they finished 9th last season.

Dividing the five games up into "required" and "bonus", we are 4 points out of 5 on the "required", and 0 points out of 0 on the "bonus". Suspect we are going to need a few bonus points to make up for the shortfall in the required.

Worth noting that the tracker suggests we only need 9 points out of the first 10 games. So no bed wetting yet please. 23 points by Christmas and the half way mark is needed as the second half of the season is tougher.

Attachments

• Staying Up Tracker 1.png
    Staying Up Tracker 1.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,273
  • Staying Up Tracker 1A.png
    Staying Up Tracker 1A.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,270

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Here we go, the first five game update.
Reminder the assumption is we have to beat all of last years bottom 10 (10th to 17th, plus Newcastle and Huddersfield) at home, and draw with them away. Nothing from the other games.

In short we are only point down (the failure to get a draw at Leicester). Bournemouth away was actually a "bonus" game where nothing was expected as they finished 9th last season.

Dividing the five games up into "required" and "bonus", we are 4 points out of 5 on the "required", and 0 points out of 0 on the "bonus". Suspect we are going to need a few bonus points to make up for the shortfall in the required.

Worth noting that the tracker suggests we only need 9 points out of the first 10 games. So no bed wetting yet please. 23 points by Christmas and the half way mark is needed as the second half of the season is tougher.
This is simply the best ever thread on NSC EVER

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Someone please remind me why we will have played Watford both H and A before playing Chelsea at all?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Possibly because of Boxing Day? Possibly because the premier league doesn't know its arse from its elbow?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The next five includes Newcastle and Southampton at home which we need to target as wins. If we do that we can afford to get battered in the three in between.

Yep agreed. Although a cheeky result against Everton as well would be a nice bonus.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Brilliant work G, can this be stuck firmly to the top please?

Thanks. Just a useful way to get a sense of proportion on things I think. Don't think it merits a sticky though! Will up date at ten games.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Thanks. Just a useful way to get a sense of proportion on things I think. Don't think it merits a sticky though! Will up date at ten games.

You need to be updating after every game to keep the masses happy but I think you need to inject some colours - maybe red, green and a nice orange.................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here