Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker 36 - level - WE ARE STAYING UP

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Have been keeping track of our rivals...

West Brom -5
Stoke -6
Southampton -6
Huddersfield -1
Swansea -4
Palace -1
Newcastle -4
West Ham -2
Watford +3

So if clubs got their "expected" results the final table would be:

12. Albion - 39
13. Crystal Palace - 39
14. Huddersfield - 39
15. West Ham - 38
16. Newcastle - 36
17. Swansea - 36
--------------------
18. West Brom - 35
19. Southampton - 34
20. Stoke - 34

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Massive pressure to now beat Swansea, Huddersfield and Leicester at home if we can't get something from the bigger teams.
God I hope we don't need 40 points.

Getting over the 30 point barrier could be a real boost when/if we do it.
Don't think so. I don't think 30 points is a general milestone. A result against Arsenal would be something of a mental boost.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016

Don't think so. I don't think 30 points is a general milestone. A result against Arsenal would be something of a mental boost.

Aresenal play Man City on Thursday night (after playing Man City in the league cup final) then play us Sunday lunch. Clutching at straws but with two high profile games before playing us, and a short recovery time...maybe we could just sneak something!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Aresenal play Man City on Thursday night (after playing Man City in the league cup final) then play us Sunday lunch. Clutching at straws but with two high profile games before playing us, and a short recovery time...maybe we could just sneak something!

I will be extremely surprised if we play Man City on the Sunday. That weekend is the next round of the FA cup. I'm not being arrogant enough to say we'll be there, but I expect City to get through.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I will be extremely surprised if we play Man City on the Sunday. That weekend is the next round of the FA cup. I'm not being arrogant enough to say we'll be there, but I expect City to get through.

Arsenal fixtures.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

West Brom -5
Stoke -6
Southampton -6
Huddersfield -1
Swansea -4
Palace -1
Newcastle -4
West Ham -2
Watford +3

12. Albion - 39
13. Crystal Palace - 39
14. Huddersfield - 39
15. West Ham - 38
16. Newcastle - 36
17. Swansea - 36
--------------------
18. West Brom - 35
19. Southampton - 34
20. Stoke - 34

Thanks for that, nice to see. By the "expected" results, I assume you are using win at home, draw away to last years bottom half opposition, as our tracker does, for all teams. This is not going to be possible for the listed teams that meet each other though, so in this set up, there are more points going around than will be possible. e.g. Swansea v West Ham in the next round of fixtures can't be both a Home win for Swansea and an Away draw for West Ham, but the trackers for each team demand those results. It's good to see where others might be expected to get to if they do ok, but, the totals are likely to be lower for whoever the bottom 2 teams are, i.e. the 2 that have fallen furthest from their target, and probably be higher for the teams finishing 12th and 13th, 2 that will probably have exceeded their tracker.
The nice bit is seeing that we are closer to target than 6 others, a win and 2 draws closer than 2 of them.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

West Brom -5
Stoke -6
Southampton -6
Huddersfield -1
Swansea -4
Palace -1
Newcastle -4
West Ham -2
Watford +3

12. Albion - 39
13. Crystal Palace - 39
14. Huddersfield - 39
15. West Ham - 38
16. Newcastle - 36
17. Swansea - 36
--------------------
18. West Brom - 35
19. Southampton - 34
20. Stoke - 34

I like this - thank you :thumbsup:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Make that last three....still a flash in the pan ?

Swansea got lucky playing Liverpool sans Coutinho, Arsenal minus Sanchez and Leicester without Mahrez.

If we had that kind of good fortune our results against those three would be different.

I expect us to beat them next week and knock their newfound confidence. Remember, form is temporary.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Arsenal have 13 away points and - clutching at straws - they haven't been a 'Big 6' team away from home.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016

I was referring to Arsenals fixtures! They have two toughies against Man City one of which is Thursday evening in the premier before they play us Sunday lunchtime.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm still concerned about that Leicester game. Really don't see us picking up 3 points from that.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thanks for that, nice to see. By the "expected" results, I assume you are using win at home, draw away to last years bottom half opposition, as our tracker does, for all teams. This is not going to be possible for the listed teams that meet each other though, so in this set up, there are more points going around than will be possible. e.g. Swansea v West Ham in the next round of fixtures can't be both a Home win for Swansea and an Away draw for West Ham, but the trackers for each team demand those results. It's good to see where others might be expected to get to if they do ok, but, the totals are likely to be lower for whoever the bottom 2 teams are, i.e. the 2 that have fallen furthest from their target, and probably be higher for the teams finishing 12th and 13th, 2 that will probably have exceeded their tracker.
The nice bit is seeing that we are closer to target than 6 others, a win and 2 draws closer than 2 of them.

Very good point, didn't consider that when chucking it together at 1am!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm still concerned about that Leicester game. Really don't see us picking up 3 points from that.

Maybe not, but there are bonus points available.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm concerned about how you can not only look beyond the Swansea game, but be looking 4 games beyond Swansea.

By then the Albion could be relegated, in the Europa spot, or the considerably more likely option of 13th 3 points above relegation.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If we have 35 points by the time we play Leicester I'd be delighted!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great win today but only as expected. Following very close to the tracker for some time now, with only one below expectation display in the last ten - we have to be happy with that. I wouldn't be surprised if we are bang on par very soon. I fancy a point from either Arsenal or Everton.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 28.png
    Fixtures Game 28.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 729
  • Graph Game 28.png
    Graph Game 28.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 730

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here