Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker 36 - level - WE ARE STAYING UP

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
See below. An easy ready to use "we are staying up" tracker.

In short we all know we are going to get hammered by the big teams, we therefore have to look at those as "just for fun".

Basically to stay up we need 40 points (probably less, but bare with it).

The easiest way is to beat all of the worst ten teams from last year at home and draw with them away.

If we do that we will have 40 points. I am including Newcastle and Huddersfield in the bottom 10 by the way.

If you lose all of the others you end up with the following results.

Bedwetting on NSC as we only get 9 points from our first 10 games.
Talk of Europe when we hit 23 points in mid December.
Talk of relegation gain by the end of January.
Then NSC goes crazy after we reach 38 point with five matches to go
NSC bedwets again as we take just 2 points from the final five matches, players on the beach, not trying etc etc etc etc etc.

As long as are close or ahead of this tracker, it will have been have a good season. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• Fixtures 2017-18.png
    Fixtures 2017-18.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 11,825

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

In short we all know we are going to get hammered by the big teams, we therefore have to look at those as "just for fun".

The easiest way is to beat all of the worst ten teams from last year at home and draw with them away.

If we do that we will have 40 points. I am including Newcastle and Huddersfield in the bottom 10 by the way.

NSC bedwets again as we take just 2 points from the final five matches, players on the beach, not trying etc etc etc etc etc.

As long as are close or ahead of this tracker, it will have been have a good season. Enjoy!!

Can you please add an extra column, ready for the ACTUAL cumulative total, for quick and easy reference through the season, so we know whether to be WETTING or not.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Great work. Can you factor in a surprise win against one of the big guns at some point though please?

Nope, that needs to be a genuine bonus to make up for our likely failure to beat Stoke and West Brom at home.

Simple. Effective. Genius.

Too kind

Can you please add an extra column, ready for the ACTUAL cumulative total, for quick and easy reference through the season, so we know whether to be WETTING or not.

For sure, will do once we get going. I may even throw in a graph or two just for you. We don't want to be below the bedwetting waterline.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Brilliant.

And as an aside, I need a lie down just looking at the fixtures. It's still not really sunk in...... :albion2::albion2::albion2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For sure, will do once we get going. I may even throw in a graph or two just for you. We don't want to be below the bedwetting waterline.

Perfect.

Perhaps a little RULE applied to the 'actual' column, too, so that the cells fill RED when we're behind the required 'run rate'.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Love it, this should be bounced at the end of season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I think you're underestimating [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] somewhat if you don't think this will be bounced at least 37 times before that.

Ouch. But perfectly true :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Seriously doubt we won't get an away win somewhere along the line.

Did you see us play away at all last season? The wins we got were narrow and sometimes lucky against much lesser opposition than we will be playing soon.

I'd like to think one will come at Selhurst though.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Is that right? No Sunday games till last game of the season when everyone plays on Sunday?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Strange, but looking at the teams listed like that doesn't look so bad. The occasional Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea but most of the teams are no less mid table hangers on than we are.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here