Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker 36 - level - WE ARE STAYING UP

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I reckon 32 - 34pts this season will do it. It's so tight there is 4pts between 10th and 18th.

I'd say you'd get good odds on survival with 32, but it could easily happen, look at the points distribution, it bodes well for a low number. However, this is Albion, we'll stay out of the relegation zone until the final day .... and then score in 90+4 to stay up!

rcd

Jan 20, 2018
Remember that the two points behind is the ones lost at chelsea.
Win against Southhampton we are back on schedule

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's what the commentators said on Saturday. They reckoned that there were so many clubs in the mix, it could even be 36 and goal difference.

The cut-off might be at least 40 this season.

No Villa or Sunderland to comportably grab a slot, then even (previously laughed at by NSC posters) Palace, Swansea, West Ham, Stoke and WBA have managed a recent win or more. Fighting for their PL lives.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The cut-off might be at least 40 this season.

No Villa or Sunderland to comportably grab a slot, then even (previously laughed at by NSC posters) Palace, Swansea, West Ham, Stoke and WBA have managed a recent win or more. Fighting for their PL lives.

Not if the relegation teams - eight of them, are taking points off of each other.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For all of the doom mongers if you called Stoke, Southampton, West Brom & Swansea fans they'd swap with us in a heart beat, equally, I'm sure that there's a degree of nervousness with Watford, WHU, Bournemouth, Pilarse, Hudders and NUFC fans, we've just got to keep our nerve and the faith.

They may only have to wait a week...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not if the relegation teams - eight of them, are taking points off of each other.

Points off the top 8 too.

Interesting discussion on the radio this morning, that there'll be more results such as Swansea's win. The other clubs are fighting for their lives. As an example, Palace have had many of their recent season wins over the mega spend clubs in the second half of seasons.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They may only have to wait a week...

Agreed, or, in a weeks time they may be even more keen to swap. My feeling is there are too many glass half empty fans, only a couple of games ago someone on the train was talking about how bad things are ....

In a great stadium,
In the Premier League,
With a superb Training Ground,
With a Chairman most clubs would love,
With a great fan base
With a new striker
With Piglet's Pies

It's not all bad, honest

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agreed, or, in a weeks time they may be even more keen to swap. My feeling is there are too many glass half empty fans, only a couple of games ago someone on the train was talking about how bad things are ....

In a great stadium,
In the Premier League,
With a great fan base
With a new striker
With Piglet's Pies

It's not all bad, honest

No it isn't, I'm still positive and enjoying the games, glad to be going to the Saints game too. Too many fans just cannot stomach the tension. It was the same in the run-ins over the last 2 seasons. I think we'll do it, but its turning into an absolute bun fight with no one cut adrift and 6 pts separating 11 teams. The next 14 games are certainly not for the faint hearted!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

In a great stadium,
In the Premier League,
With a great fan base
With a new striker
With Piglet's Pies

It's not all bad, honest

I was waiting to be told what tune to sing this to.... Yellow Submarine came first to mind but did not scan after the first word

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No it isn't, I'm still positive and enjoying the games, glad to be going to the Saints game too. Too many fans just cannot stomach the tension. It was the same in the run-ins over the last 2 seasons. I think we'll do it, but its turning into an absolute bun fight with no one cut adrift and 6 pts separating 11 teams. The next 14 games are certainly not for the faint hearted!

So true!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was waiting to be told what tune to sing this to.... Yellow Submarine came first to mind but did not scan after the first word

Jerusalem

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Quick update on Palace after their draw last night. They are still only 1 point ahead, but this will change if they fail to beat Newcastle on Saturday. Big game for both of them. Interesting to note they haven't had a below par performance since 28th October.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 24p.png
    Fixtures Game 24p.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 448
  • Graph game 24p.png
    Graph game 24p.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 464

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Quick update on Palace after their draw last night. They are still only 1 point ahead, but this will change if they fail to beat Newcastle on Saturday. Big game for both of them. Interesting to note they haven't had a below par performance since 28th October.

And after tonight they are only 'expected' a single point in the 7 games before we visit. Plenty of (albeit tricky) opportunities for them to pull clear of the tracker.

This thread is brilliant

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And after tonight they are only 'expected' a single point in the 7 games before we visit. Plenty of (albeit tricky) opportunities for them to pull clear of the tracker.

This thread is brilliant

11 points from 15 in their last 5 games (including us)... they could be going right down to the wire.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seven points from the next four games, minimum starting tonight.

Brings us back on track.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
11 points from 15 in their last 5 games (including us)... they could be going right down to the wire.
Yes, assuming they have 29pts with 5 games to go, and the total needed to stay up is 40pts, then Palace will be going to the wire. : playsalongwiththethread :

It is interesting that Palace have 6 of their key point harvesting opportunities as their last 6 games whereas we have pretty much the opposite situation.

If we are not above Palace at the end of March then something will have gone badly "wrong".

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bonus point tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here