Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only 15 games left. Doesn't feel like Albion have played much at all this year.
    Indeed - we are what we are & we are going down.

1/3 of the way through January & no new signings. Still time but there is no urgency within the club.We are sleep walking to the Championship

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Minister of Information

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bognor Seagull View Post
      Indeed - we are what we are & we are going down.

1/3 of the way through January & no new signings. Still time but there is no urgency within the club.We are sleep walking to the Championship
      I don't know how much of a bad fan it makes me, not that I should care, but if Albion went back down I wouldn't be that upset. I'd prefer them to stay up, of course, but at least NSC would be a happier place once those winning runs started again and people wouldn't be getting upset as if their family's life depended on an away goal. Oh, and it wouldn't feel like games came around as often as World Cup qualifiers.

Perhaps I'm just training my mind for all outcomes.
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      We are not and never were going to beat Arsenal.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post

So 15 games left. 6 are against the big six, and our approach so far this season virtually guarantees no points in those matches. So the points will have to come in the remaining 9 matches.

5 of those 9 matches are away; we haven't scored an away goal in the last 6 matches (including games at Huddersfield, Newcastle and WBA) and given our inability to defend from corners, it would be overly optimistic to expect much at all from these away games.

Which leaves the 4 home matches (against non-big 6 opponents) where the points will have to come from (which is, indeed, what the tracker tells us). If we are to stand a chance of staying up, we simply HAVE to beat West Ham, Swansea, Leicester and Huddersfield at home. [As an indication of home form, of the 9 Amex matches we have played so far against non-big 6 opponents, we have won 3 and drawn 6].

We are going down, aren't we?
      Hard to argue with that.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      I don't know how much of a bad fan it makes me, not that I should care, but if Albion went back down I wouldn't be that upset. I'd prefer them to stay up, of course, but at least NSC would be a happier place once those winning runs started again and people wouldn't be getting upset as if their family's life depended on an away goal. Oh, and it wouldn't feel like games came around as often as World Cup qualifiers.

Perhaps I'm just training my mind for all outcomes.
      The problem is, of course, if we were to go down how many players would we lose? And having lost 4/5/6 of our major playing assets (and given how difficult teams have found it to bounce straight back up) I don't think anyone should be too confident those "winning runs" are going to magically start happening again.
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations - Updated per February 2018 Premier League Squad List

Brighton and Hove Albion - Disciplinary Status 2017-18

Albion U-18s: A Review of the 2016-17 Season

Albion U-23s: Review of the Season - 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      I think, but I may be wrong, that it is the cleverest quip I've ever seen on NSC.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

So 15 games left. 6 are against the big six, and our approach so far this season virtually guarantees no points in those matches. So the points will have to come in the remaining 9 matches.

5 of those 9 matches are away; we haven't scored an away goal in the last 6 matches (including games at Huddersfield, Newcastle and WBA) and given our inability to defend from corners, it would be overly optimistic to expect much at all from these away games.

Which leaves the 4 home matches (against non-big 6 opponents) where the points will have to come from (which is, indeed, what the tracker tells us). If we are to stand a chance of staying up, we simply HAVE to beat West Ham, Swansea, Leicester and Huddersfield at home. [As an indication of home form, of the 9 Amex matches we have played so far against non-big 6 opponents, we have won 3 and drawn 6].

It doesn't look good.

I reckon we'll finish on 30 points.
      The greater their ignorance, the stronger their opinions.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Interesting Analysis.

So far we have won one third of our must win home games and drawn two thirds yet we must win all four of our remaining must win home games to stand any chance of survival (due to our away form).

Started off the season by exceeding all expectations (as most newly promoted teams tend to do) followed by a early Winter slump that won't shift.

Frustrating as it is let's try and enjoy the ride as sadly, we appear to be this seasons Middlesborough - without the cushion of a Sunderland this season, spells imminent danger.
      "We are all Shamen on a Spiritual quest."

0 Not allowed!
      The problem is all of these MUST win games we have ****ed up, to turn up today against a team without a win in 21 apart from shite cup games, play like that and have less shots on target then those shit cup teams shows how bad we are currently playing, you can’t survive on home games with draws.

0 Not allowed!
      I still had hope till yesterday, but it's almost gone. Chris has been comfortable throughout the season with losing 2-0 to the big boys and now not the end of the world if we only lose 2-0 to the others. Surely some one at the club must be able to coach the defence to deal with corners. We put out Chris's default best team yesterday and it isn't good enough in the Prem. If we keep doing the same thing, we will get the same results.

So we have to make changes. If we sack Chris, we lose respect for our club ethos and arguably the best man to lead us back from the Championship. Burnley stayed loyal to Dyche and it worked. So if we stick with Chris, he needs to do something different. If we sign new players (which I now doubt), it will force changes. However we are still apparently pursuing the same targets who wouldn't come in the summer. We will be left with the Akpoms of this world who lack any of the qualities we need.

So that leaves changes from within the squad:

1) is Krul an option with a bigger, more commanding presence
      2) Goldson and Huenemeier rarely put a foot wrong - they might be worth trying?
      3) As above, do we add one of them rather than replace? Maybe 3 at the back or another in front of the back 4?
      4) Kayal for Propper with Propper for Gross further forward?
      5) Hemed for Murray. Hemed is more energetic and a little quicker.
      6) Go 4,4,2 with Baldock instead of Gross

I don't have the answers, but I we can't keep doing the same or we will undoubtedly go down, possibly with less than 30 points.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!

0 Not allowed!
      Looking at the remaining fixtures, it’s quite tricky to see how we’ll get more than even 10-12 points (and could possibly get a lot less) from what’s left unless we very quickly snap out of the current malaise. Agree something different needs to be tried.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm still optimistic.
      There are still teams around and below us struggling just as much as we are.
      Still fancy us to pick up 3 or 4 wins, and not lose 5 or 6 more.
      The towels are being thrown in from all corners, but it was always going to be a struggle, I fancy we'll come back from this!